Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Coming to PC with "Goodies"

Decko87

2[H]4U
Last edited:
I'm curious to see exactly what their idea of "improved graphics" is. It mentions ambient occlusion, but I'm thinking more along the lines of textures and view distances and such.

Link

I'm not sure if this article has been mentioned, but it appears that an upgraded version of the game will be hitting shelves some time in March. Just thought I would share this with you because I'm sure some of you love Assassin's Creed as much as I do.

It hasn't been mentioned at this forum yet, to my knowledge, but Ubisoft has been improving the Assassin's Creed feature set for the PC. It's great news.

And yes there are many Assassin's Creed enthusiasts here who are really looking forward to Brotherhood. The wait will be worth it. :)

The wait has also been excruciating. Why don't they just announce a release date already :(

I'd assume they don't know yet. If they're planning for the end of March they'd be working on bug fixing by now so there will probably be a release date announcement in a couple weeks I'd guess.

Not surprised that the February 22 release date I saw at a number of retailers a couple of weeks ago is now March 22. Gamestop, Walmart, Target, Sears, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Cre...DXS4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297695862&sr=8-2

^^ Amazingly they say February 22. I doubt that date holds.

Steam doesn't even have a placeholder listing for it yet.

Last year, AC 2 came out on the PC last year on March 9 thereabouts so if this comes out sometime in March it's basically a repeat of the same cycle.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd assume they don't know yet. If they're planning for the end of March they'd be working on bug fixing by now so there will probably be a release date announcement in a couple weeks I'd guess.
Skyrim got it's release date a year before it's actually coming. AC:B is hopefully only a month away... I want my release date right now damnit!

Skyrim got it's release date a year before it's actually coming. AC:B is hopefully only a month away... I want my release date right now damnit!

Skyrim's release date feels like a PR move more than "hey this is the exact date we'll be done".

You think it'll land in time for the holidays or slip to 2012?

I hope Skyrim does release this year.

The point I'm making is that I'd love to get some indication from Ubi about when it's coming, especially since it should be so close. I have been so tempted to buy either the 360 or PS3 version for the past few months but I held out. Now I just want the game ASAP! :p

First thing that came to my mind reading the thread title was more drm lmao

For mobile gamers I could understand the issue with the always connected DRM in AC2 and SC:Conviction but I never had a problem with this DRM on my gaming desktops. Personally I spent more time reading about the horrific nature of the Ubi DRM than the time associated with any problems I saw with it.

If I had passed on Conviction because of all of the DRM complaints IMHO I would have missed out on a game I really enjoyed.

For mobile gamers I could understand the issue with the always connected DRM in AC2 and SC:Conviction but I never had a problem with this DRM on my gaming desktops. Personally I spent more time reading about the horrific nature of the Ubi DRM than the time associated with any problems I saw with it.

If I had passed on Conviction because of all of the DRM complaints IMHO I would have missed out on a game I really enjoyed.

I agree completely. And likewise, if I had passed on AC2 because of the DRM complaints I would have missed one of the best games I've played.

Somewhat related - http://kotaku.com/#!5760232/a-new-assassins-creed-will-be-revealed-in-may

I guess this is AC3 and it will be out this holiday season for the consoles. I think this time I will pick it up for the 360 or PS3 instead of waiting an indefinite period for the PC version. I have to wonder though... which period will the set this game in?

Wow my new GTX 560 actually came bundled with this game, I thought it would be the older AC 2. Also came with Mafia 2 and Just Cause 2, this has got to be the biggest single GPU bundle I've seen lol...

After playing AC2 recently, I've been itching to get my hands on this game. I thought the first one was a chore to play through, but the second was fantastic, and Brotherhood looks to be just as good.

Wow, that's a lot of decent games for a GPU bundle, congrats!

Haha thx, was a great deal for $210, who says the 560 is overpriced compared to the 6950 :p. Granted it is a stock shorter length PCB card, so it probably won't OC to 950-1000mhz core, but it comes with Displayport (dp monitor, no hdmi) and no rebates.

After playing AC2 recently, I've been itching to get my hands on this game. I thought the first one was a chore to play through, but the second was fantastic, and Brotherhood looks to be just as good.

I've been hearing that AC 2 was more fun game play wise than AC 1. I'm wondering if I should play through story wise before Brotherhood. AC 1 looked great artistically, stylish, and was conceptually interesting, but it got overly repetitive after awhile. So I wasn't excited for AC 2 at all basically and never really looked into it. Maybe wait for a sale, possibly due to a cross promotion when Brotherhood is released.

Skyrim's release date feels like a PR move more than "hey this is the exact date we'll be done".

Actually, I'm not feeling that.

This date, 11/11/11, is a date which I believe Bethesda is going to want to meet. A lot of information is being released about this title now - it just feels like they're gunning for that November release date.

I would be more surprised right now if they didn't make that release date. I'm usually skeptical of release dates, but this one seems very real to me.

This date, 11/11/11, is a date which I believe Bethesda is going to want to meet. A lot of information is being released about this title now - it just feels like they're gunning for that November release date.

I would be more surprised right now if they didn't make that release date. I'm usually skeptical of release dates, but this one seems very real to me.

I meant to say something similar, but then my brain got side-tracked by something else and I ended up forgetting to make a post in this thread.

The only way this gets delayed is if Bethesda gets bogged down with console versions, IMO.

By "goodies" they mean "DRM".

Yeah, this time before you can launch the game an Ubi employee has to come to your house and stands behind you with a big stick to make sure you aren't pirating the game you bought. :p

Oh I'm sure they're working to make it. Still the whole 11/11/11 thing feels like something straight out of a PR agency. A release date picked more because of what it is than based on when the game will be done. A near constant barrage of marketing material hitting for the game isn't helping that feeling. It also doesn't help that November 11th 2011 is a Friday. Games launch on Tuesday in North America.

Wow my new GTX 560 actually came bundled with this game, I thought it would be the older AC 2. Also came with Mafia 2 and Just Cause 2, this has got to be the biggest single GPU bundle I've seen lol...

I'm pretty sure (if you're talking about AC:B) that this game DIDN'T come with your gtx 560. It isn't out on pc yet.

I'm pretty sure (if you're talking about AC:B) that this game DIDN'T come with your gtx 560. It isn't out on pc yet.

Half-Life 2 wasn't out when ATI shipped vouches for it with the 9800 cards either. DiRT 2 wasn't out when ATI shipped vouches for it with the 5800 cards. Batman: AA wasn't out when Nvidia had the promotion with the 200 series cards. There is a precedent for shipping game vouches out prior to the release of a game.

Half-Life 2 wasn't out when ATI shipped vouches for it with the 9800 cards either. DiRT 2 wasn't out when ATI shipped vouches for it with the 5800 cards. Batman: AA wasn't out when Nvidia had the promotion with the 200 series cards. There is a precedent for shipping game vouches out prior to the release of a game.

Interesting, good to know.

Yea it is a voucher for Brotherhood in the box. I'm pretty sure all game bundles these days are vouchers.

Oh I'm sure they're working to make it. Still the whole 11/11/11 thing feels like something straight out of a PR agency. A release date picked more because of what it is than based on when the game will be done. A near constant barrage of marketing material hitting for the game isn't helping that feeling. It also doesn't help that November 11th 2011 is a Friday. Games launch on Tuesday in North America.

Okay, good point about the Friday thing. I never even thought of that. Yes, that does seem a bit fishy, doesn't it.

Still, this continuos stream of information that's being released by Bethesda is suggestive to me that this game will likely ship later this year. Bethesda has had a pretty decent track record with its release dates.

Yeah I'd say the release date is good...it was announced a long time out so Bethesda must be confident that the game will be finished way before then and the November release will be a "strategic" move, as Epic put it when they delayed a complete Gears of War 3 by six months for "strategic" reasons.

As for Brotherhood, I would sacrifice all "goodies" for a game that doesn't crash, corrupt save files or rock other gamebreaking glitches...something Ubisoft seems to struggle with.

I've been hearing that AC 2 was more fun game play wise than AC 1. I'm wondering if I should play through story wise before Brotherhood. AC 1 looked great artistically, stylish, and was conceptually interesting, but it got overly repetitive after awhile. So I wasn't excited for AC 2 at all basically and never really looked into it. Maybe wait for a sale, possibly due to a cross promotion when Brotherhood is released.
You should definitely play AC2 beforehand. You probably won't know what's going on if you don't. In any case, it's certainly worth playing.

You should definitely play AC2 beforehand. You probably won't know what's going on if you don't. In any case, it's certainly worth playing.

Definitely. One of the best games I played in 2010.

You should definitely play and finish AC2 before Brotherhood. By the time you finish Brotherhood may have come down in price too. AC2 is a far better game than the original. If you haven't finished AC1, I wouldn't bother.

I'm regretting playing AC:B on the console now :( It would have been awesome in eyefinity...

Back