Assassin's Creed 6: Victory

Victorian Era London is actually a really nice choice of time period...even movies set in that time have always been really cool- especially those Jack the Ripper types like 'From Hell'...a new division of Ubisioft handling the game is also something needed to possibly inject some new life into the series

ubisoft is very large company with stuidos all over the globe
they always have multiple games in development simultaneously
i'm sure they have been working on this game for a few years
and no putting all of their resource into fixing unity and halting all development of all future titles would be pretty fucking dumb

Indeed they have :

It is always unfortunate when internal assets, not intended for public consumption, are leaked. And, while we certainly welcome anticipation for all of our upcoming titles, we're disappointed for our fans, and our development team, that this conceptual asset is now public. The team in our Quebec studio has been hard at work on the particular game in question for the past few years, and we're excited to officially unveil what the studio has been working on at a later date. In the meantime, our number one priority is enhancing the experience of Assassin's Creed Unity for players.

Source.

even if they are good games, i just dont care anymore.

I dont care.

you just cant play the same game (with minor differences) every 4 months. its vomit inducing.

I've climbed up accidentally when trying to flee, i've "synchronized", i've jumped down to magic hay stacks, i've evesdropped in the stay in the shitty circle minigame.

i've done all of those to last a fucking lifetime. no more.

Plot twist: The main char in AC6 is actually JTR

In all seriousness though, I always had respect for London in that time period, wouldn't mind taking a look when it gets re-released

In the meantime, our number one priority is enhancing the experience of Assassin's Creed Unity for players.

So... fixing bugs translated to "enhancing the experience".

ehhh... just... wow...

Well, now that's bullshit on a whole new scale.

So... fixing bugs translated to "enhancing the experience".

ehhh... just... wow...

Well, now that's bullshit on a whole new scale.

I think "improving" would be a better word but I wouldn't expect them to just come out and say "don't worry, we're still cleaning up that $60 pile of shit you preordered like a dumbass".

Seems like it could be a good setting. I just have pretty much given up on the series though when it started to loose the modern times story line.

and no putting all of their resource into fixing unity and halting all development of all future titles would be pretty fucking dumb

I know...still kind of funny, though.

I remember back when AssCreed was supposed to be a trilogy...

I think "improving" would be a better word but I wouldn't expect them to just come out and say "don't worry, we're still cleaning up that $60 pile of shit you preordered like a dumbass".

they've already taken the unprecedented step of apologizing and owning up to the performance issues...they gave everyone free DLC and/or a free Ubisoft game

I'm pretty sure the last thing they wanted to do was to have any information get released about the next game in the series before they get the Unity fiasco under control. Unfortunately, people are too fucking stupid to realize this and they think it is an official announcement and/or they have absolutely no concept of how long it takes to develop games.

The Ubisoft PR team might have been sweating bullets after Unity's release but now they're probably shitting bricks from this backlash.

they've already taken the unprecedented step of apologizing and owning up to the performance issues...they gave everyone free DLC and/or a free Ubisoft game

Doesn't change the fact that they knew the game was broken and still released it, along with a review embargo.

And the game offer applies only if you ordered the Season Pass, so it wasn't technically free.

I'm curious how people could still get excited about AS when barely a month into the new game, they are already talking about the next game.

I'm curious how people could still get excited about AS when barely a month into the new game, they are already talking about the next game.

they didn't reveal , it was leaked
i'm sure they wanted to wait until Unity was all patched ( LOL )

Personally had no performance issues with Unity. And enjoyed it quite alot.

So hopefully Victory is interesting and good.

Oh look, another one that still isn't set in Asia.

do people dislike ac games as actual games, or do all of these complaints about the games sucking or whatever stem from performance issues? because to me, ac has always been good but held back from being great because of shitty fucking anvilnext. ac games coming out constantly is also a good thing, not a bad thing, so long as the games are good, which they are, they just need to fix their engine.

Well I personally don't understand things like CoD releases. I would think that fans would get tired of the same thing eventually, but if they are willing to drop the big bucks who am I to argue against it? More power to UBISOFT with their series of games! They should start releasing short stories throughout the year like Stephen King does. I think that true Ass Creed fans would pay $15 per month or $180 yearly for a monthly mission service. This would be completely optional from the yearly Ass Creed game release and Season Pass.

I'm warming up to a subscription based system like WoW has for these games as they certainly have the fan base to pull it off. Why wouldn't their fans be willing to spend $15 a month for access to the game they love? UBISOFT should really tap into their fan's pockets and make this happen!

they didn't reveal , it was leaked
i'm sure they wanted to wait until Unity was all patched ( LOL )

Seems like an awful "convenient" leak to me to distract for the next thing instead of focusing on problems of the current one.

Interesting marketing at ubi$oft...

Preparing groundwork by attacking console performance before the game is released. Then embargoing reviews until after the game is released. When the game is finally released it showed us consoles were not the problem, ubi$oft had hundreds of bugs and performance problems across ALL platforms.

This is a track record on par, or beating, something EA would do.

do people dislike ac games as actual games, or do all of these complaints about the games sucking or whatever stem from performance issues? because to me, ac has always been good but held back from being great because of shitty fucking anvilnext. ac games coming out constantly is also a good thing, not a bad thing, so long as the games are good, which they are, they just need to fix their engine.

Dislike is too strong of a word in my case more like I simply don't care anymore. AC1 was a heavily flawed but interesting title. The Ezio trilogy was pretty good, with soem stumbling blocks here and there. AC3 was just dull with a horrible main character. AC4 felt like a break from the typical AC formula and for me it breathed new life into the series. No more Desmond bullshit, regulating the "real world" stuff to something not terribly important, and most of all taking AC3's naval stuff into new territory and making it something really good. The typical AC elements were the weakest parts of Black Flag and it kind of make me realize that I'm sick of the exact same gameplay with a new coat of paint every year. When Ubi started talking about Unity I was pretty interested. They talked about completely changing the combat system, altering the parkor stuff, and the setting was great. When the game released and it ended up being just another a-typical Assassin's Creed/Ubisoft open world experience with the new systems not really changing much I stopped caring. I'm simply done with Assassin's Creed until Ubisoft gets some new ideas. Ubisoft has run what was once a great series into the ground. Even without all of the performance issues and other bugs I would be fairly "meh" on Unity. Ubisoft needs to stop turning every single one of their open world franchises into the same game with a different coat of paint. It's pretty bad when the bloody open world racing game fits into that mold.

Seems like an awful "convenient" leak to me to distract for the next thing instead of focusing on problems of the current one.

Interesting marketing at ubi$oft...

Preparing groundwork by attacking console performance before the game is released. Then embargoing reviews until after the game is released. When the game is finally released it showed us consoles were not the problem, ubi$oft had hundreds of bugs and performance problems across ALL platforms.

This is a track record on par, or beating, something EA would do.

That's giving Ubi's PR too much credit. Over the last year or so Ubi's PR team has proven they have zero idea how to deal with people or the internet without fucking everything up on a pretty grand scale.

That sir is a logical and reasonable response. Statements like that is not tolerated on the internet. It is a different studio working on this title then the one that worked on Unity. People out of their mind if they expect them to halt production on this title to patch Unity.

Last edited:
I will say Unity hasn't that bad for me but it also hasn't impressed me all that much so far. Granted I'm still early in the game but so far I'm not enjoying the characters and setting like I did with Black Flag. So at the moment I'm not all that excited about this title. I'm still a big fan of the series and will get this title.

I have yet to play Unity or Rogue (which I intend to play both in due time), so I'm curious as to how this new one will go.

Here's my ratings of the games
AC1 - 7/10 - great gameplay with a bit of repetitive missions & underwhelming locations
AC2 - 9/10 - I had a blast playing with everything in this one
AC2B - 9/10 - more of the same awesomeness
AC2R - 7.5/10 - wasn't as fun with the new elements added in, still a good game to play
AC3 - 6/10 - I felt they tried too hard & fell below AC1 in many aspects. I enjoyed it to a degree but its not enough to play through it again.
AC3L - 7/10 - Aveline is a fun character but I still need to play through it entirely. A little heavy on the console feeling due to it being a port from the the Vita.
AC4 - 9/10 - I pretty much enjoyed everything but my usual nitpick for all games would be the eavesdropping missions. I can't stand them.

I'm hoping that Unity will be enjoyable enough for me. Action games with exploration are always a big plus.

I have yet to play Unity or Rogue (which I intend to play both in due time), so I'm curious as to how this new one will go.

Here's my ratings of the games
AC1 - 7/10 - great gameplay with a bit of repetitive missions & underwhelming locations
AC2 - 9/10 - I had a blast playing with everything in this one
AC2B - 9/10 - more of the same awesomeness
AC2R - 7.5/10 - wasn't as fun with the new elements added in, still a good game to play
AC3 - 6/10 - I felt they tried too hard & fell below AC1 in many aspects. I enjoyed it to a degree but its not enough to play through it again.
AC3L - 7/10 - Aveline is a fun character but I still need to play through it entirely. A little heavy on the console feeling due to it being a port from the the Vita.
AC4 - 9/10 - I pretty much enjoyed everything but my usual nitpick for all games would be the eavesdropping missions. I can't stand them.

I'm hoping that Unity will be enjoyable enough for me. Action games with exploration are always a big plus.

That is close how I feel about the series except I would probably rate Revelations 8.5. I probably would given AC3 a 7.5.

I'm not finished with Unity but so far it hasn't sucked me in like the other ones have. I also find myself fighting the controls from time to time like the original AC. The controls don't feel as tight and responsive like in AC4 IMO. But everything else is well done, the world looks great, and the crowded streets really add life to the world.

I haven't played Rogue yet which I'll probably get when it comes to the PC.

even if they are good games, i just dont care anymore.

I dont care.

you just cant play the same game (with minor differences) every 4 months. its vomit inducing.

I've climbed up accidentally when trying to flee, i've "synchronized", i've jumped down to magic hay stacks, i've evesdropped in the stay in the shitty circle minigame.

i've done all of those to last a fucking lifetime. no more.

This. Why does Ubisoft think that people won't see the similarities in their games and keep buying pretty much the same game? This is the case with most of their games now.

Can't
do it
anymore....

At the very least I need a break. 4 was great but the asbergo parts just kill it for me.

At the very least I need a break. 4 was great but the asbergo parts just kill it for me.

The worst part about this entire series is the Abstergo metagame. Enough of this shit already. It isn't smart, clever, nor does it have any redeeming qualities since it pulls me out of the fucking game to be berated by the trendiest people a game company can come up with. If I bought a pirating game set in the Carribean, why the hell am I in Montreal? Ugh

The worst part about this entire series is the Abstergo metagame. Enough of this shit already. It isn't smart, clever, nor does it have any redeeming qualities since it pulls me out of the fucking game to be berated by the trendiest people a game company can come up with. If I bought a pirating game set in the Carribean, why the hell am I in Montreal? Ugh

How much external involvement (when not dealing with the main gameplay) is there with Abstergo and/or the Assassins in Unity?

are the keyboard controls fully customizable on PC?...with Black Flag there were a lot of keys that could not be used to re-bind (right side of keyboard)...is Unity the same way?

How much external involvement (when not dealing with the main gameplay) is there with Abstergo and/or the Assassins in Unity?

From what I've played of it thus far it has been minimal but I don't think I'm even half way through the story. There was only one real "break" from the game where a woman talks to you and then the time anomaly, but at least you're still playing during that.

Hell, I'm going to load it up again and play a bit.

Well I personally don't understand things like CoD releases. I would think that fans would get tired of the same thing eventually, but if they are willing to drop the big bucks who am I to argue against it? More power to UBISOFT with their series of games! They should start releasing short stories throughout the year like Stephen King does. I think that true Ass Creed fans would pay $15 per month or $180 yearly for a monthly mission service. This would be completely optional from the yearly Ass Creed game release and Season Pass.

I'm warming up to a subscription based system like WoW has for these games as they certainly have the fan base to pull it off. Why wouldn't their fans be willing to spend $15 a month for access to the game they love? UBISOFT should really tap into their fan's pockets and make this happen!

How about no? Subscriptions and season passes lead to nothing but lower and lower quality. They get the money then figure how to pocket as much of it as possible. Stories dont feel epic or complete if they're broken into chunks (that often retcon one another), not to mention obliterating multiplayer communities with fragmentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TP_vFBoLqs

Ubisoft has just announced that it will reveal a new Assassin’s Creed game on May 12th. And as you may have guessed, Ubisoft released a teaser trailer for this announcement. Funny thing is that the tessellation patch for the PC version of Assassin’s Creed: Unity is nowhere to be found. Not only that, but there haven’t been any major updates for that particular version these past few months. You can view the teaser trailer below.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-assassins-creed-game-to-be-announced-on-may-12th/

Let the next herpa derpa hype train begin!

Back