Assasians Creed Unity SLI Performance, Mine Sucks

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Guys just wondering that you guys are getting in SLI with AC Unity. Im running 2 980 GTXs at 2560X1440 game settings maxxed, When I enable SLI im getting 5 FPS to 8FPS more on the New Game Ready drivers. Hmm I get like a 3FPS to 5FPS enabling 2XMSAA or TXAA, this game is jacked! If it wasn't free id complain more. Im hoping Farcry4 is running sweet when it Launches.

Last edited:
are you trying to force afr in drive or with enhancer? possible there's no sli profile for this game yet.

There is allegedly one with the new driver update.. The game looks great with everthing maxxed but I should be getting more the 48+ FPS, It will go up to the 60s in gameplay but something isn't right because turning options Off and On nets really no differences in FPS. I will report thou it plays great with GSYNC on, turn off the FPS counter and I wouldn't really know if it was over or under 60FPS so that's good.

The game runs like ass on every platform it's out on - consoles are averaging low 20s with dips into the teens - and the performance is a mess on PC too. I don't think it's truly optimized for SLI yet.

Even though I got this free with the promo, I'm going to wait a little bit to play this one. I still have to play assassins creed 4. I have never played it or bought it yet. Once I complete that one I'll fire up this one. By that time, it'll run about as good as it ever will run. Far Cry 4 is another story, you'll see me on that the minute I can launch the game.

Maybe this poor performance may be alleviated by the OP stabilizing his cards via a bios update... < hint hint > ;) :D

I was hovering between 50-60 FPS, going up to 70 FPS indoors on my 980s. Everything maxed out, no AA enabled.

Edit: I'm at 1440p.

"Assasians Creed Unity SLI Performance, Mine Sucks"
Is that the sister game to AsiansAss Creed?

@ 1080p with everything Ultra Max + TXAA, a solid 50+. Lowest I've seen the frame rate drop is 42 fps so far. I can get higher (can get up to 2560X1440), but I typically output games through my TV.

*EDIT*

Intel i7 5960x
2x Geforce 980s
32 GB RAM
Win 8.1

Last edited:
@ 1080p with everything Ultra Max + TXAA, a solid 50+. Lowest I've seen the frame rate drop is 42 fps so far. I can get higher (can get up to 2560X1440), but I typically output games through my TV.

that's very useful considering no one knows what you're playing on.

I play at 3440x1340. I first tried TXAA, HBAO+ and PCSS, everything else on HIGH. I was dipping way too much (averaging around 22). So after fiddling around, I found that the number one culprit was AA. By using the old FXAA instead of TXAA, I am shooting for much closer to 60 FPS. I also went with HIGH shadows instead of PCSS, and SSAO instead of HBAO+

I can clearly see the difference between TXAA and FXAA... TXAA brings much closer to great photo-realistic screenshot... but not something I will need as I play. The other settings though I can't see a huge difference between the highest setting and just 'HIGH'.

Oh, I also tried 2560x1080, but not playing at my monitor's native resolution was really not looking good at all.

Interesting about SLI: without SLI, I averaged 45 FPS. With SLI on, I get 60. So SLI is currently giving me a good enough boost, but I would hope for more. Am playing currently on latest 344.65 drivers.

I will keep trying things.

Is patch 1.2.0 out on PC yet? The notes for the patch plastered everywhere say it's supposed to fix performance with multi-GPU configurations.

Is patch 1.2.0 out on PC yet? The notes for the patch plastered everywhere say it's supposed to fix performance with multi-GPU configurations.

I'm really interested in it.
I want to buy this game, I can't tolerate a 60% performance increase running on two cards but not 5FPS more like now.

I find that whenever I change any graphics options, even something like vsync, the game becomes a stutterfest until I quit out and restart.

Does anybody also notice some disappearing texture issues using SLI and Surround? I find that if I pan the camera around certain textures will not load in time and will show up initially as white patches until the texture finally loads. If I force it to Single GPU mode in Inspector, this issue does not happen, but then performance takes an absolute dive.

I find that whenever I change any graphics options, even something like vsync, the game becomes a stutterfest until I quit out and restart.

Does anybody also notice some disappearing texture issues using SLI and Surround? I find that if I pan the camera around certain textures will not load in time and will show up initially as white patches until the texture finally loads. If I force it to Single GPU mode in Inspector, this issue does not happen, but then performance takes an absolute dive.

Yep Sli eenabled I get some flashing or missing textures when I spin the camera around quickly. Why would they release such a incomplete game across all game systems, if I paid for this game I would be upset. Even choosing it as a free title from Nvidia is depressing.

I found TotalBiscuit's not-quite-review video to be really informative on this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpzT5V5Mgs

I haven't played it yet myself, but I really hope they clean things up a bit because it seems like there's a pretty decent game under the current technical issues.

I wouldn't bother with this game right now. Your 980 sli shouldn't be getting taxed by this game, the visuals don't even warrant it.

let's not get carried away. unity is fucking beautiful.

The visuals are schizophrenic. Some areas, especially interiors -- gorgeous. Where some of the overhead birds eye views, which should be stunning, are lackluster.

The visuals are schizophrenic. Some areas, especially interiors -- gorgeous. Where some of the overhead birds eye views, which should be stunning, are lackluster.

This is spot on, after reading your comment I loaded up the game and notice a difference. I wanna like this game but I'm frustrated that Nvidia teams up with them and they game runs subpar with these new gotta have Nvidia features. Now I'm running at 2560x1440 so I realize it takes a lot to push this Res but if SLI was optimized everything g would be great on my end.

This is spot on, after reading your comment I loaded up the game and notice a difference. I wanna like this game but I'm frustrated that Nvidia teams up with them and they game runs subpar with these new gotta have Nvidia features. Now I'm running at 2560x1440 so I realize it takes a lot to push this Res but if SLI was optimized everything g would be great on my end.

I thinks its more of a case that the game is just not ready in general across all platforms. No doubt that the extra features will add instability to the sorry state of the game. Ubi just seems to make increasingly flaky crap.....who knows what RB6 Siege will turn out like.....well, I think we might know based off of this latest steaming pile of poo.

If memory serves me correct AC4 took a few months for them to fix it on single cards, never mind SLI. Ubisoft games in general aren't exactly know for great optimization.

Personally I am going to wait for this game to be $10 and issues resolved. The idea of running around Paris intrigues me, AC's story line hasn't traditionally captured my attention much.

for what it's worth, yes, running around Paris is really awesome. My wife who is not in gaming and is hard to impress (I try whenever something new comes out, like Lara croft's new hair, or Mordor's Orcs)... but this time, she pulled up a chair and was speechless for about 5 minutes.

This being said, SilverSilver is spot on: the vistas from high above are not well rendered.. but the interiors are drop dead gorgeous. And the crowd in the streets is something I have never experienced in any games before.

Gameplay and controls are really annoying, but I am getting used to it, slowly.

I am running 1080P, 4XMSAA, HBAO+ and everything maxed out except Shadows on High. Note that if you change settings in game then you have to exit and restart the game so that you don't get fps drops/hitching during gameplay.

SLi is working for me and I average about 45-60 fps in most occassions. Cards are overclocked to 970 speeds equivalent (at least when compared with my 3dmark11/3dmark13 scores).

Patch 1.3 is supposed to fix MGPU performance issues.

I found TotalBiscuit's not-quite-review video to be really informative on this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpzT5V5Mgs

I haven't played it yet myself, but I really hope they clean things up a bit because it seems like there's a pretty decent game under the current technical issues.

That's the impression I get as well. Going to have to hold out to see if the crap gets ironed out first.

I am running 1080P, 4XMSAA, HBAO+ and everything maxed out except Shadows on High. Note that if you change settings in game then you have to exit and restart the game so that you don't get fps drops/hitching during gameplay.

SLi is working for me and I average about 45-60 fps in most occassions. Cards are overclocked to 970 speeds equivalent (at least when compared with my 3dmark11/3dmark13 scores).

Patch 1.3 is supposed to fix MGPU performance issues.

Nice to know that 1.3 fixed the multi GPU issue.
How much frame you got with sli disabled?

Back