ASRock z77e-itx issues

dolfan13

Limp Gawd
Hey,
ASRock Z77e-itx and a corsair 750w PSU. After assembling the system, the case fans and cpu fans spin up, the psu fan jumps for a second then stops, and the "clr cmos" button the IO panel of the mobo lights up red.

I have tried clearing the cmos by holding the "clr cmos" button, using the jumper, and reseating the cmos battery, but I end up with the same results. I can't find anything information related to this. Is the red "clr cmos" button an indicator of the problem or is it always supposed to be lit red? I get no beeps or any other indicator. Any ideas?

That is a very nice little mb. Not familiar with it but I have thought about getting one to build a small computer. Hope somebody here can help you figure out what is wrong.

Here is something else that seems odd...I can get it to post and load windows if I "jump" it by repeatedly pressing the clear cmos button on the back in a certain rhythmic pattern. Also, once started it will restart fine, but after a shutdown, I have to use the same pulse clear cmos button trick....

Are all the case headers properly plugged in? I.e are you sure the RESET / PWRON headers are all plugged in properly?
These cables can sometimes be shorted out, causing the problems you're mentioning. Make sure they're clear of any metal around the connections

Yup, everything is in proper. After some deep searching, It appears I am not the onlt person that has had this issue...Should have known not to stray from my normal paths I guess...

I'm ordering the same motherboard :x

Just RMA it if it doesn't work, there's no way they wouldn't RMA it

dolfan, did you make sure nothing is shorting the board?

Twice. I was convinced it was shorted. But it wasn't. I RMA'd it. Kinda sad about it too, Now I'll just wait for the case I wanted to be back in stock anyway.

Same problem here. The red CMOS light is always on.
I had 'ghost' startups as well where my machine would just switch on by itself, so I had to turn the power off every time I shut down. On top of that the MB forgets my BIOS settings as well when power is lost. So I replaced the MB battery and that helped for about a month and now it is happening again, meaning that battery is being drained at an insane rate. On top of all of that only half the USB ports are working and the USB 3.0 ports are only working at USB 2.0 rates. Had to live with this for a year now.
What a gigantic disappointment :(

Back