asrock Z77e + ANTEC KHULER 620 + CM ELITE 120 = ?

iakovl

Weaksauce
right now i have the CM elite 120 case and the ASROCK mobo
but lack a good cooler, and started to think if the antec 620 will be a good solution
it's small and cheap

while i know i'll have to mod the case... i'll do it
but for the most important part

will the ANTEC 620 fit the ASROCK z77e itx?

Yes it will fit no problem, I had one on my ASRock Z77e ITX and it fit in the CM Elite 120 just fine.

The easiest way to mount it is to remove the HD cage and mount it right to the front fan mount.

I mounted mine opposite the graphics card to the side front of the CM Elite 120 case with custom brackets I made.

I bought a Silverstone fp58 5.25" bay adapter, cut out the front slot to accept a regular slim blue-ray reader, and mounted 1 ssd and 2 2.5" HD's in it.

I also have an Antec 620 mounted to my graphics card. The radiator for it is mounted to the front fan mount where the HD cage was.

Last edited:
I have since dismantled my cm 120 elite, you can check out my build log to see how I did another version of this case with a full custom loop... let me know if you need help finding it.

I've got a Corsair H70 and Antec Kuhler 620 in my SG08 (CPU and GPU). So I'm not surprised by what anyone can do anymore. Hell, I've seen a dual 140mm radiator full on water cooling system in a SG08 on this very forum.

well... got the 620 last night
ran it for a test... don't know why but the pump noise just bugged me too much... moving back to air solution

Was it new? Plug it back into a fan header and let it roll for a few days. Every SC water cooler I've used has had some pump noise/vibration when I first installed it. One of them sounded like an internal combustion engine. It's since gone away. I think sometimes they get air in the line during manufacturing.

Also, make sure the fan header isn't regulating the pump's voltage. The pump should be running about 1450 rpm. Anything less than 100% it'll vibrate. Best bet is to plug it directly into the PSU with a molex-3pin adapter.

I bought an antec 620 once and it was rediculously loud, let it run for hours and didn't get any better. Took it back and replaced it with a 920, worked fine straight off the bat.

I had to return two 620's before I found one that was quiet. The first two were incredibly noisy, and I'm not even talking about the air bubbles that normally go away.

The one I have now is dead silent, thanks to letting the motherboard fan header regulate the pump's voltage.

Recently I was building another system. Tried the 620 (new A4 revision), 920 (also newest version), and a Corsair H80i. All three of them had noisy pumps. I can't spend more time returning water coolers to the store and setting up new ones, so I am going back to air cooling for the new build.

But yeah, YMMV with AIO water coolers...

Back