ASRock Z77 OC Formula

HardOCP News

[H] News
The ASRock Z77 OC Formula motherboard is strapped to the test bench at Neoseeker today. Want a little bang for your buck? This review will be of interest to you.

The ASRock Z77 OC Formula comes across as a motherboard designed for extreme overclocking, yet retails for a deceptively modest price. We review ASRock's Intel Z77 offering to see if pulls any punches in overclocking performance!

Same board I have in my system right now. My only negatives on it are that it doesn't have Esata and the USB3.0 controller it uses is garbage (etron). Other than that it has been a joy to work on and is definitely a heavy duty feeling board.

I'm running one, too. I was extremely impressed with my previous AsRock P67 Extreme6, and replaced it with the OC Formula so I could play around with SSDs in RAID0 while retaining TRIM support, and to see how far I could push my 2600k. Haven't tweaked the CPU beyond my existing overclock, but it hasn't blown up yet - so there's that. :)

meant to be a great board,I am tossing up between this and the UD5 or save a little more and grab a UP7..

Almost bought one of these a few days ago. Great looking board for over clocking. The retail box that it comes in is huge. Looks top notch.

I had to take a double look at the dual air/water block on the vrms?

That is pretty sweet.

Back