Asrock z77 itx is out

I'll be able to let you know about the Cooler Master Gemin II M4 cooler tomorrow, I just built an ivy bridge rig in the cooler master elite 120 sff case and should have my cooler tomorrow.

Ok so the cooler will fit but it will hit the pcie card, since its squared up to the socket twisting its orientation helps none.

edit: the Zalman CNPS8000B fit perfectly with clearance for regular ram and pcie. Its keeping my 4GHz 3570k on stock voltage at 75c full load in the cooler master elite 120. Its height is 66mm tall so you might be able to fit a taller cooler depending on your case.

Whom has what water cooler attached? I ordered the board for $142 delivered yesterday...

apogee drive 2 CPU waterblock and pump fit np as well if you want custom loop

Thanks for the great replies so far guys... Im lazy (IE parent of a 6 month and 2 1/2 year old) so time is limited and Id go with a prebuilt kit.

Question for people running this board with an H60.

I just got my parts today and got the base build done.

Forgive me if I am asking a commonly asked question, I have never used or heard an H60 before buying one for this build. The pump on my H60 sounds horrid. it is really loud. especially when on the CPU power header. I swapped the pump and the fan (so pump is on chassis fan and fan on CPU headers) and it is much better. but it still has a slight slow rattling sound in it. It is sort of like this guys H60 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9QY4elsKs0.

is this normal for the H60? should I be concerned? The stock fans seemed quieter then this.

Parts!!

Reversed plugs. Will this be an issue?

The H60 should not rattle. The guy in the video said he fixed it. Sounds like it was vibrating something. Not properly tightened or something like that. Did you hear how it sounded when he pushed down on it? It was quiet. That is how it should sound. Contact the guy in the video and see what he did. Other than that I'd say return it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

After swapping the headers out (pump on Chassis FAN1), Setting the target speed to Level 6 or slower results in the pump getting quiet.

If I put the pump on CPU fan1, it is really loud no matter what setting it is at.
With the Fan on CPU1, it is defiantly changing speeds at the different settings. it almost sounds like an overvoltage issue to the pump?

The pump is defiantly working. While stress testing it, the CPU is staying in the 30's. when idle, it is at 27.

I am loving both this board and the SG05...

Thanks for the quick reply.

After swapping the headers out (pump on Chassis FAN1), Setting the target speed to Level 6 or slower results in the pump getting quiet.

If I put the pump on CPU fan1, it is really loud no matter what setting it is at.
With the Fan on CPU1, it is defiantly changing speeds at the different settings. it almost sounds like an overvoltage issue to the pump?

The pump is defiantly working. While stress testing it, the CPU is staying in the 30's. when idle, it is at 27.

I am loving both this board and the SG05...

Gratz on your new purchase. I've had the same problem with AIO coolers and my advice is usually to shake it, while plugged in prior to installing. This has always made pump noise go away. If you don't want to deal with unmounting the cooler, you could set it to level 8, but 6 is way too low imo.

Edit: 30s while stress testing? What are you stress testing with? lol

according to the pics he has a 3570k.

EDIT: That was a DUH moment there.....and at 2am my time as well. Apologies. LOL!!!

Last edited:
Edit: 30s while stress testing? What are you stress testing with? lol

LoL at that typo.. Try the button right above the 3.. 6.. I wish it held at 30 under load.

It is holding at 60c (ish) [59c-63c] after running Prime95 for several hours.

I did notice a few pages back in this thread that some people already pointed out the CPU header does not work as expected with 3pin connectors. But that the Chassis header works as expected. I must have read that and forgot. so I am not worried.

As far as the pump noises, it goes away if I tip the whole PC so that the motherboard (along with the pump) is "vertical". I'll try some shaking and tapping and see what happens...

I cant get over the boot speed on this board! I have an ASrock Z77 Pro4M also and this one is much faster to boot with almost the same hardware.

Which software are you guys using to monitor temps, fans speed and oc'ing ?

Is there something else than AsrockAXTU ?

There is a new BIOS out for this board. Anyone tried it yet?

Also to MissJ: When you claim that this mobo boots fast did you install the "Instant" software it came with or not. Just wondering....

It means that the time between pushing the button and the OS bootup logo is considerably shorter compared to other boards.
It can be further shortened by ~1s by installing/booting an OS in UEFI mode.
As for the Instant Boot feature, from what I gather it's just an advanced form of Hibernation (S4).

I'm wondering if it's faster than the z68 m-itx from asrock though?
My z68 only shows POST for about 1 second, but there is a lot of time where the screen is just black..

00s: Power button
10s: POST appears
11s: POST disappears
20s: Windows starts loading
25s: At desktop

Basically I have ~20 seconds where the screen is just black..
Would the z77 decrease this time? Or does anyone know how to shorten this time?

It means that the time between pushing the button and the OS bootup logo is considerably shorter compared to other boards.
It can be further shortened by ~1s by installing/booting an OS in UEFI mode.
As for the Instant Boot feature, from what I gather it's just an advanced form of Hibernation (S4).

LOL!!! I know this I was just wondering if it was a "native" feature or software related. Guessing Native since its at the POST screen....

Cooler Evolution..

Intel Core i5-2500K Stock Cooler

Intel_Cooler-1.jpg

Intel_Cooler-2.jpg

Xigmatek Praeton LD964

Z77_Praeton1.jpg

Z77_Praeton2.jpg

Very nice and useful. Thank you.

what about the backplates and their clearances? Also there as a Noctua lp cooler.....forget the name of it though......

@Digikid: Intel uses push clips. the other 3 use mounting screws.

can't use the backplates of Coolermaster since will hit 1 of the bottom chip (left side)..

M4_Backplate.jpg

M4_Screw.jpg

how can i put a RocketRaid 2720 in this mobo? the RR is PCI-E x8...

or alternatively, how can i use 6 HDDs from this board?

Anyone actually using the mSATA slot on this board? What are you using the mSATA SSD for? Cache drive, main drive, etc.?

Main drive on my 128gb smart series ssd. Also have a couple 3tb greens hooked up for media serving.

dammit....my new H100 backplate will not fit....keeps hitting the mSATA connector. :(

Back