Asrock z77 itx is out

Thanks nostylez and Dark79.

So next question is if that mPCIe slot is only mSATA or not...

the mPCI slot is the one you can see near the CPU socket.
the mSATA slot is on the reverse side of the board, and is a totally separate slot.

Yes, I know that. What I want to know is if that mSATA slot on the underside is mSATA only or if it will work with other mPCIe cards.

I was able to squeeze an AXP-140 onto this board without too much trouble. It was definitely more difficult than the ASUS P8H67-I Deluxe I had before, but with a bit of patience I got everything in my SG-07. I'm looking forward to overclocking my 2600k tonight.

Is CPU fun speed stuck at 100% for anyone else? Case fan control works but regardless of BIOS or SpeedFan settings, I can't get the CPU fan to calm down. Temperatures are great so it's not that.

Mine does the same thing. No 3-pin fan control on the CPU fan header. But fan control works on the 3-pin chassis fan, even though both headers are 4-pin.

So the chassis fan header can control voltage? I haven't tested 3 pin fans on the Asus or Asrock, but I was under the impression they were all PWM only.

Yes, the chassis fan header controls 3-pin fans. I use the chassis fan header for my Antec Kuhler 620 in order to allow fan and pump speed variation.

That sucks. Haven't developed any issues with mine yet and I'm crossing my fingers that I dont :)

Thanks for all the info you have posted about these boards. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Asrock board.

I was originally going to get the ASUS but your feedback had me ready to pull the trigger on the Asrock as we seem to have similar desires from a motherboard (the cold boot time is a big plus!). Now I think I will wait for the ASUS to come back in stock and see if there is any other postive or negative feedback from others with respect to the Asrock and make a decision then.

Thanks again for all your feedback!

If it was a random shutdown with no error code other than "kernel power error" and it wouldn't cold boot back up on the first time that almost sounds like a slight memory incompatibility error.
A while back Some intel boards would do this where they will random shutdown, no errors anywhere and it was usually memory or power supply related

I guess this post is for everyone, but anyway I forgot to mention the Event Viewer error, which you even mentioned in the above post. It was a "kernel power error", and I am still blaming it on the lack of vcore. After testing both boards the past few days, I was 100% sure on keeping the P8Z77-I Deluxe because of the "fluke shutoff". It just wouldn't be worth it knowing I could have a board that doesn't present this behvaior. So about two hours ago, the Asus did the exact same thing and I'm now over this "fluke shutoff" thing. It's not my PSU, as it's happened with two different power supplies (idling/browsing when this has happened each time), and as mentioned before, I still blame voltage or lack thereof. Keep in mind, these "fluke shutdowns" have happened with offset mode (EIST, C1, C3 enabled), in idle or while browsing, so the voltage had to get too low imo. Lastly, I will be keeping the Asrock! (I would have totally missed it, so I'm glad it worked out this way)

So I was running at 4.5GHz at around 1.32V and Prime95 had been running for about an hour and then I get a shutoff. Everything turns on but I get no video and the computer doesn't boot. I tried the rear CMOS button, the jumper, and taking out the battery but still the same thing. Anyone know what's up?

Yes, the chassis fan header controls 3-pin fans. I use the chassis fan header for my Antec Kuhler 620 in order to allow fan and pump speed variation.

Thank You again for pointing this out! I can't believe the chassis header has this capability, but you are indeed right. Now I can get some gentle typhoons and run them @ 500-700 during light workloads depending on whether I go with AP-14s or AP-15s.

Thank You again for pointing this out! I can't believe the chassis header has this capability, but you are indeed right. Now I can get some gentle typhoons and run them @ 500-700 during light workloads depending on whether I go with AP-14s or AP-15s.

meh, go bigger (i'm rockin' the xaf-1451's :p) -- that is, if you're going for premium fans, might as well go big or go home ;)

meh, go bigger (i'm rockin' the xaf-1451's :p) -- that is, if you're going for premium fans, might as well go big or go home ;)

lol no way I can fit them in my SG05 with a 680. If I could, I'd be using the two TY-140s I own ;)

you could always paint the case to look like a Winnebago and the vid card bump-out could be the extended sleeping area :p

Hey MissJ84,

you are using the Corsair H60 in combination with this Asrock Mobo, right?

Could you post a pic (best would be a side view) that shows how high the pump is when it sits on the cpu? I am asking because I am going to modifiy a ITX-case and the powersupply won´t have much clearance (35mm - 40 mm) above the cpu socket.

Regards RoddY

This is from a little while ago when I was using a P8H67-I Deluxe, but it shouldn't be any different.

20120423141233.jpg

Thanks a lot MissJ84!

Looks like the Corsair H60 isn´t higher than the I/o-Panel?

Is it possible to bend the flexible tubes nearly horizontal heading to the 24pin Mobo connector? And is the placement orientation of the pump you used the only possible on this Mobo or can the pump be turned in a 90° angle, so that the ´tube-intake-outlet holes´ of the pump are looking to the side of the Mobo (left side from behind view)?

Regards RoddY

You can call me Jocelyn. Ummm well I remember the capacitors being in the way for other orientations with both the P8H67-I Deluxe and P8Z77-I Deluxe (block wouldn't lay flat/flush), but I'm pretty sure any orientation works with the Asrock. I don't remember there being anything in the way like there was with the Asus boards.boards.

Just thought I would warn any potential buyers. The coolermaster Geminii S524 will fit without obstructing anything, however the backplate for it is awful and has to be modified. I could not get my system to boot at all with the backplate on, removed the backplate used some nylon spacers and just the nuts and it was fine then. Don't pretty good on stock temps too for the i5-3570k load of around 55-60C nothing too bad and this is just a test run in a very less than optimal airflow style case.

So, I'd just like to add an update that my ASRock H77 ITX board took a crap today and killed my CPU as well. I'm not sure if I want to use another ASRock board after that, I was heavily considering swapping out the H77 for the Z77 so I could OC a 3570k. Its one thing if you're overclocking to the moon and it pops, but H77 can't OC at all so everything was at stock settings.

So, I'd just like to add an update that my ASRock H77 ITX board took a crap today and killed my CPU as well. I'm not sure if I want to use another ASRock board after that, I was heavily considering swapping out the H77 for the Z77 so I could OC a 3570k. Its one thing if you're overclocking to the moon and it pops, but H77 can't OC at all so everything was at stock settings.

AFAIK, the H77 supports overclocking. So far I'm pretty happy with the ASRock and my previous 2 ASRock motherboards, its always possible to get a bad board. Sucks to have it kill the CPU though.

AFAIK, the H77 supports overclocking. So far I'm pretty happy with the ASRock and my previous 2 ASRock motherboards, its always possible to get a bad board. Sucks to have it kill the CPU though.
Mind explaining how the h77 supports ocing?

I was wondering how people have felt the network performance is on the ASRock Z77E-ITX with the Broadcom chip. Before with a Realtek 8111E, I was easily getting 125 mbps on gigabit ethernet to my NAS but now I get 85-90 mbps.

Here are my iperf results (Win7 x64 w/ Broadcom chip on the ASRock to Solaris 11 w/ Intel EXPI9301CT)

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 3] 0.0-10.0 sec 884 MBytes 742 Mbits/sec

Intel Sodacreek 310 mSata compatibility

Hello Boyz, just thought I'd chime in and let you know the board runs very well with above mentioned Intel mSata SSD.

The wife luvs it :)

As I understand it the H77 can only OC the same way as the H67 mobos do. Something like 3 bins higher and thats it. Which is not much in the grand theme of things. I suppose I could be wrong though.

What water cooling systems have been confirmed to work with this mobo? I'm looking at the SG07/08 so I guess it'd have to fit in that chassis too.

What water cooling systems have been confirmed to work with this mobo? I'm looking at the SG07/08 so I guess it'd have to fit in that chassis too.

I am pretty sure almost any 1155 block will fit on the board.

I will be using the EK LT Lite....as to the case, I will mount this setup in a PC-Q08, will be the Wofe's gaming rig - probably with a 140mm rad.

Not to similar to your setup, soz.

I'll investigate the P8H77-I/3570K overclocking situation in the next few days when I receive my CPU. As I understand it, the only limitation is the lack of voltage control. But I'll know more soon.

Back