ASRock Z77 Extreme6 latest Virtu MVP doesn't work...

oryan_dunn

n00b
Hi,
I've just built a computer with the Z77 Extreme6 and I started out by installing the VirtuMVP software from the ASRock site. It seemed to work, as both the Hyperformance and Virtual VSync switches were both enabled and turned on. I got an update notification from the software, so I downloaded the latest software from the Lucid site. After I installed the updated version, both Hyperformance and VirtualMVP were off and the toggles were disabled. The About page shows License Activated. I've emailed their support, but haven't heard back. Any ideas? The version ASRock has looks to be ~1.5-2yrs old. I know VirtuMVP 2 (actual version 3.x) are supposed to work better, but I'd like to try the free software that was supposed to work with my motherboard.

Regards,
Ryan

I have the exact same motherboard and when I updated it it worked fine for me. I know there was something in the settings to turn MVP on and off. Might just have to mess around with the program though. I ended up just uninstalling it because for me there wasn't really that much gain with it on. They probably have updated it more so then when I first used it so it might be better now.

An update....
I downgraded one version to the 2nd to latest free software. It did 'work' in that I was able to enable the settings. However, it introduced artifacts in both a support game as well as an unsupported game I was trying to play. So, I decided to try out the trial of the MVP2 software. It didn't work any better and had the same artifacts. So, I just uninstalled the software. Unfortunately, that seems to be the end result for most who try MVP software. Great idea, poor execution.

Back