ASRock X99 Extreme4 $140.99 w/ $30 rebate

Damn, that's dirt cheap and a much better choice than most of the MSI x99 that goes on sale, as this one is more sli friendly.

Love mine, its absolutely rock solid and has all the bells and whistles I need. Good price on this. I got mine for $149.99 from Microcenter way back.

The stars are just not going to align for me with X99. This went on sale yesterday and now appears dead already. The 5820K goes on sale today at Fry's for $277 and it's in-store only. With the rebate on the mobo dropped, would have been out of luck anyway.

Come on Internet. Throw the rest of us an X99 bone here...

I paid $449 for my combo back in the day, seems the 5820k has actually went up in price since then.

So I would expect them to put it on sale soon, possibly for Black Friday timeframes. CPU prices don't rise this many months after release, so they're just not putting them on the hot plate spot since the Skylakes are out they're pushing those as the loss leader.

ASRock's X99 Extreme series all support registered ECC as well if you are looking to do a server-ish build. I've got the X99M with 4x4GB ECC and a Xeon E5 and it is working great.

Ooooo rebate is back but of course 5820K not on sale anymore.

Back