AsRock x58 Xtreme died

There's a guy selling an Asus Sabertooh x58 in the FS thread for $170. BNIB.

Let me know how the support with AssRock goes. Looking to hear the next story.

I use two of these boards and no issues thus far. I'm not sure how well their support is. Sabertooth is a nice quality board. I've good luck with EVGA boards in the x58 series as well. Plenty of nice choices in the FS/FT section.

RMA from newegg so it's not a refurb.

I use two of these boards and no issues thus far. I'm not sure how well their support is. Sabertooth is a nice quality board. I've good luck with EVGA boards in the x58 series as well. Plenty of nice choices in the FS/FT section.

I don't own an assrock mainly due to their warranty. 1 yr warranty isn't good enough for computer parts.

Isn't Asrock the value line of Asus? (meaning Asus is a parent company?)
Or am I wrong?

For those that replied, I 100% forgot that I posted this here even though I browse the forums everyday.

This ended up not being an AsRock issue, even though to my surprise they were responsive through email. They were even willing to send me a new motherboard.... And then it just so happened that I received a new surge suppressor to test for someone which lead to the discovery below....

I've never had this happen before and still don't quite understand it. But it seems to be a compatibility issue with Tripp Lite ISOBARs, Yamaha Receivers and Corsair PSUs.

I have quite a few Tripp Lite ISOBARs and a couple Yamaha Receivers, RX-V 657 in this case. If a computer with a Corsair PSU is plugged into the ISOBAR with the example receiver and both are on. The ISOBARs give off a low humm and the pc has about a 50/50 chance of actually powering on. If you turn off the receiver or unplug it the pc will boot everytime just fine,... Or if I switch out the Corsair PSU for any other in my house (Antecs, Cooler Masters, Seed, PC P&C) it's fine. Or just taking the ISOBAR out of the equation everything is fine.

So, with that out of the way, I've replaced the ISOBARs throughout the house with a different product and haven't run into any problems yet. Tripp Lite was adamant that it wasn't an issue with their product and so is unwilling to even receive one for testing. So Tripp Lite has also been removed from the products I buy/or recommend list.

Back