AsRock x570 chipset fan replacement

AP2

[H]ard|Gawd
Any chance anyone knows where I can purchase a replacement chipset fan?

been waiting over 3 months for a replacement from Asrock - worst customer service I had in 20+ years.

I contacted them for a chipset fan myself. They told me still out of stock.

Can they not replace the whole motherboard for you since the fan is bad? Or do they want you to return it first, no cross shipping?

Can they not replace the whole motherboard for you since the fan is bad? Or do they want you to return it first, no cross shipping?
I didn't ask to RMA the board. I just put a ticket in telling them the problem and asking for a replacement fan. I have the fan on silent mode now and it's bearable.

I didn't ask to RMA the board. I just put a ticket in telling them the problem and asking for a replacement fan. I have the fan on silent mode now and it's bearable.
What if you ask for an RMA for the board, will they cross ship and refund the money once they receive your bad board?

What if you ask for an RMA for the board, will they cross ship and refund the money once they receive your bad board?
Good question. However, I'd just rather avoid that hassle and change out the fan when I finally get it.

To be honest, in my current computer, the easiest thing to swap out would be the motherboard ;-) It's water-cooled, but via flexible tubing, so I could swing that out of the way, unplug all the cables and swap it. What would really be difficult is removing all the fans. There is one fan on the radiator above the motherboard in the back that has one screw that I honestly wouldn't be able to get to without removing all the screws from the motherboard and moving it down a little. It was in place before the motherboard.

Asrock doesn't cross ship (most companies don't). I had to rma a motherboard 2 months ago... Took about a week to get there, 2 weeks to ship and another week back to me, so I was without my main for about a month. Luckily I have 6 desktops, 3 laptops and a dual xeon server at the house to tide me over in those times of darkness 🤣

Back