ASRock X370 Motherboard

Hi Folks,

Recently purchased a new PC. Ryzen 7 1700, 16 megs of gskills ram, amd 470 4 gig, 500 mb ssd drive the afore-stated motherboard (K 4) as well as paying extra for a factory overclock. When it boots, the motherboard splash screen of asrock is kind of, well slightly pixelated. I can still read it. Then about 1 second before Windows starts, the logo resolves to the appropriate blue color. When I go to the UEFI it is so distorted that I can't read or access anything.

The helpful tech who I emailed from the maker said that I would have to ship it back so that they could reinstall the OS.

This makes no sense to me. Everything else works perfectly, so I am very reluctant to send it back (I am on the east coast, they are on the west). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Maybe the video card is bad? Try removing the video card and boot just from the motherboard.

current ryzen doesn't have integrated video, removing the card wont do anything for you. You can try reseating it though, might be worth a try.

Set bios to default. screw manufacturing overclocks. They are often done right but it sucks you paid for it.
1. I would swap out the GPU if you can. (if you cant where do you live? I could send you a card so you can test out @ the cost of shipping)
2. Take all ram out except for 1 stick. If it still happens change to a different stick. The odds of getting more then 1 faulty ram stick is so slim.
3. If it still happens change to a different RAM slot. Slots can go bad.
4. Unplug everything extra on the computer. Any DVD drives, wifi ect. and also remove ALL cables on the computer such as printers, webcams, mice, KB. ONLY power and video.

Chances of it being a PSU are hyper slim in this situation but bad power can give major headaches.

Back