ASROCK RMA warratnty service experience?

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I've never owned an ASROCK product. I'm always owned ASUS or Gigabyte, and even an MSI once, but never ASROCK.

The second Gigabyte board I have had is now RMA'ed, just like the fist one, and even though it was delivered 2 days ago, still they haven't processed it. On their RMA tracking page still says, "Waiting for your product." lol Yeah, sitting on their desk.

The first Gigabyte board I had, the old X58, had to be RMA'ed too. Came back and wasn't even repaired. I had to wait 30 days to get that board back, and including shipping time, they had the board for about 20 days.

Well, now I'm going through the same thing. I only live 400 miles from their RMA shipping address. Anyway, I'm just going to buy another board if I don't see that they have processed it in the next couple of days. I'm just not going to wait 30 days for a response.

I was thinking about ASROCK this time.

Does anyone have any warranty experience with them?

I've never owned an ASROCK product. I'm always owned ASUS or Gigabyte, and even an MSI once, but never ASROCK.

The second Gigabyte board I have had is now RMA'ed, just like the fist one, and even though it was delivered 2 days ago, still they haven't processed it. On their RMA tracking page still says, "Waiting for your product." lol Yeah, sitting on their desk.

The first Gigabyte board I had, the old X58, had to be RMA'ed too. Came back and wasn't even repaired. I had to wait 30 days to get that board back, and including shipping time, they had the board for about 20 days.

Well, now I'm going through the same thing. I only live 400 miles from their RMA shipping address. Anyway, I'm just going to buy another board if I don't see that they have processed it in the next couple of days. I'm just not going to wait 30 days for a response.

Not ASRock, but unless MSI has miraculously changed their RMA process be prepared for 30-90 days with multiple phone calls before getting a replacement or a check. Their motherboard RMA department is basically shit that's only purpose is to drive less determined people to give up their claim. They couldn't even fix a single broken transistor on my motherboard.

Not trying to discourage you, just wanted you to be prepared and have realistic expectations.

Not ASRock, but unless MSI has miraculously changed their RMA process be prepared for 30-90 days with multiple phone calls before getting a replacement or a check. Their motherboard RMA department is basically shit that's only purpose is to drive less determined people to give up their claim. They couldn't even fix a single broken transistor on my motherboard.

Not trying to discourage you, just wanted you to be prepared and have realistic expectations.
I know. It's like MB's have virtually NO warranty. Someone was telling me they don't even fix MBs anymore. They either deny the claim or send a new one or offer a refund. I never could understand why they would have techs siting around soldering FET and replacing stuff like that in teh first place. Probably like you said, to just discourage warranty anyway. Well, if Gigabyte tries that 90 days bullshit, I'll open a BBB case on them. What else can we do? It says right on their RMA page that repair turn around time is usually 5 days, plus shipping. The board was delivered Tuesday with signature. This will be the 3rd day, and as of right now, I just checked and they still haven;t processed it. Still siting on someone's desk. I emailed them about it and still nothing.

At this point, I'd probably do what I did last time, and that's buy another MB. However, there aren't any around in ITX, unless you buy from some third party on Amazon. Also, I'm not going with ASROCK as they ahve the same strange wiring ging on thta Gig has regarding ARGB circuits. I guess about the only other option is ASUS?

I use old deprecated core component failure as a last ditch reason to upgrade.

There's not much reason to tolerate downtime if you aren't 100% guaranteed to get the box back up with no drama.

Most of the time I try to stay ahead of the curve and sell gear when it's still 100% with good service life left. No reason for me to be on the downside of performance when it equals $s.

They got back to me and said they haven't even logged the package in yet. Still sitting on their desks. It arrived on July 7th. They said due to corona there are less repair techs to do the work. Sucks. Can't even find one to buy if I wanted to.

Last edited:
I would say it might depend on the region, I had a RMA from Asrock done in 15 days...

Back