ASRock Radeon RX 5700 XT $349 AMIR

Amd bang for your buck in Gpus, CPUs seem to be starting to push Intel premium prices tho.

Amd bang for your buck in Gpus, CPUs seem to be starting to push Intel premium prices tho.
Sure but you still get great performance for the value. AMD pushing the envelope while Intel kept stagnant for awhile. It is expected for prices to start going up and you can expect the same thing to happen with GPUs if AMD smashes Nvidia like they did Intel.

Sure but you still get great performance for the value. AMD pushing the envelope while Intel kept stagnant for awhile. It is expected for prices to start going up and you can expect the same thing to happen with GPUs if AMD smashes Nvidia like they did Intel.
Nvidia is a tougher cookie to crack, especially since moving to Samsung foundry’s,
AMD would have to show me buttery smooth drivers with regular updates and enhancements for me to bite tho,
My last AMD gpus were quadfire had 7970s and it was a nitemare lol.

Nvidia is a tougher cookie to crack, especially since moving to Samsung foundry’s,
AMD would have to show me buttery smooth drivers with regular updates and enhancements for me to bite tho,
I have both a 1080Ti & RX570/580. The featureset & controls seem much better in the AMD drivers these days.

i know there was a fair bit of people having issues with the challenger cards being defective out of the box when they first came out, dunno if anything else has changed since then though.

phantom gaming D is pretty much the taichi without the extra hdmi port and display port and flashy heat sink.

I bought one, its running fine for the past few days. though if you plan use stock cooling, the temperature does get pretty high upper 80s, and fan rpm to 2100 I use watercool, so no big deal for me

The 3600 is $200.

??????

The 3700x was just on sale for $299.
???? I have a 3800x... and yes AMD prices are creeping up...

9600k is $224 3600x is $200
9990k is $489 8700k is $389 3800x is $380

Sonyes And prices are trending a little higher and intels are coming down.

???? I have a 3800x... and yes AMD prices are creeping up...

9600k is $224 3600x is $200
9990k is $489 8700k is $389 3800x is $380

Sonyes And prices are trending a little higher and intels are coming down.

The 1600 launched at $219, 3600 launched at $199

the 1800x launched at $499 3800x launched at $399

1700x launched at $399 and 3700x launched at $329

Almost sacrilege, but I think I'd rather the blower cooler over that thing. Every review of the Challenger series I've ever seen basically says it's a hot pile of garbage only because of the cooler.

7970 was a great card. Still capable in many games at 1080P today.

Just got the XFX 5700 XT Raw for $370 out the door at BB.

Premier member discount plus my bday and a $5 coupon I had, pretty good I thought.

What waterblock do you use?

I use ek supreme vga block but with swiftech mcw80/82 mounting screw/nuts. the ek screw are too short, but the swiftech one is longer. however you can just get a same thread screw from homedepot and thumb nuts , then use ek VGA block. also i'm using stock vga backplate. make sure you have fans blow onto the stock vrm/ram heatsink, otherwise it will heat up to 100c. you can get a pci bracket like this to mount 2x120mm quiet fan to get some airflow on to the heatsink
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XPVH78...olid=2HNWZDTBXU2I3&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back