Asrock motherboard PSA

Furious_Styles

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently contacted their RMA department and was told they no longer have a service center here in the US and it was moved to China. So if you were thinking of buying one of their boards you might want to take that into consideration. The only reason I'm posting this is because if you look at their RMA form it still says they offer those services.

I recently contacted their RMA department and was told they no longer have a service center here in the US and it was moved to China. So if you were thinking of buying one of their boards you might want to take that into consideration. The only reason I'm posting this is because if you look at their RMA form it still says they offer those services.
That's a bummer. I've only had to deal with an RMA through asrock once, but it was as close to a "pleasure" as an RMA can get. They made the process quick, easy, and painless.

Does anybody know how will this effect their RMAs? Is the service center where they actually refurb boards? I could see them moving that to China and having some place in the US that you would receive your RMA and send you out a previously refurbed board. If they make you send a board to/from China it will add extra shipping time.

Does anybody know how will this effect their RMAs? Is the service center where they actually refurb boards? I could see them moving that to China and having some place in the US that you would receive your RMA and send you out a previously refurbed board. If they make you send a board to/from China it will add extra shipping time.
Extra shipping time and cost. If that board is bad, then rinse and repeat? No thanks.

Any link or text confirming this? I use mostly their boards for normal builds, this is not great news.

Sounds like they are pulling out of the US market then.
With no US support, word will get around and US sales will plummet.

They would not close their US support if things were going great.

"ASRock does not have any more repair center it was moved back to ASIA and they did not modified the RMA form service.

ASRock America Support"

Sounds like they are pulling out of the US market then.
With no US support, word will get around and US sales will plummet.

They would not close their US support if things were going great.

i've never had a problem with their stuff so i'll keep buying it, but i think the exclusivity contract they have with newegg for online sales screwed them hardcore..

No change for me being from Finland. Still will buy ASRock especially for its lovely onboard audio that for some reason with my headphones just produces a better sound to my liking than even many times more expensive 3rd party solutions like SoundBlaster ZxR, G5 and ASUS Essence STX II. Would I need to do an RMA process I'd just buy a new one, ship the broken one on RMA and let it take 1 month or two and sell it.

Had others sounded equally nice had been good but those Texas NE5532 onboard amps works brilliant with the Realtek chip.

No change for me being from Finland. Still will buy ASRock especially for its lovely onboard audio that for some reason with my headphones just produces a better sound to my liking than even many times more expensive 3rd party solutions like SoundBlaster ZxR, G5 and ASUS Essence STX II. Would I need to do an RMA process I'd just buy a new one, ship the broken one on RMA and let it take 1 month or two and sell it.

Had others sounded equally nice had been good but those Texas NE5532 onboard amps works brilliant with the Realtek chip.

Shouldn't take a month. Recently did an RMA with gigabyte and MSI. Each one took about 2 weeks door to door. Was pretty good I thought.

Your RMA is still done in the USA.

They won't repair broken pins and such anymore since it would require shipping it to China.

I guess they would have some stock for immediate replacement in the US and repair done in china...

I've RMA'ed a few motherboards to the Canadian Asus faculty and never had an issue. I hear the American facility isn't that great though.
Like I said, it's hearsay on my part as I've never had to RMA an ASUS component yet (have had a couple of vid cards, sound cards and motherboards)

I had to RMA an Asus tablet, and they had it in their possession for 4x the time that I did.

If you want the best service around try Supermicro.
Don’t need an RMA since they do R&D before chasing Intel and AMDs quarterly chip releases...

Last edited:
Back