Asrock Fatal1ty B350 itx wont post.

mothman

Supreme [H]ardness
Bought the Asrock B350 itx with an R5 2400G. Anticipating that it may not boot because of the incompatible bios and it didn't, I bought an A6 9500 to flash the latest bios with, this is the same CPU that AMD sends out. It won't post with the A6 9500 either. I have a 16gb kit of the GSkill Aegis 3000 ram that doesn't appear to be on the QVL, I don't have any other ram handy to try. All components are essentially new and known to be working. I'm stumped. I shouldn't need a graphics card with the APU right ?

You should not need a video card, and it seems you are doing the right things so far, but it's about your only option left.
I checked the Asrock cpu support page for that board....like you probably did too...and that apu is listed as supported for all bios versions so it should have worked.

Tried the other hdmi port? (may have to do a cold boot after switching ports)

I figured it out . My monitor only has displayport in. I was trying to use a displayport to hdmi adapter and didn't realize the adapter only works with displayport as the source hence no video signal. I put a card in and it booted right up. The board even has the latest 4.04 bios that's compatible with the 2400G so I didn't even need the R6 9500.

Back