ASrock Extreme4 does it have a bios for DC?

Wildace

Supreme [H]ardness
Does the Extreme4 have a bios update for Devils canyon or does it only need the latest one on their site for support?

contemplating my options on picking up DC from microcenter in a week since i likely wont have enough money for Haswell-E in december and i want to give my 8120 system to a friend.

but i dont want to go and get the cpu if there is no bios update for it to work and have to sit on the cpu for awhile.

just have a crappy dual core cpu in the system atm because it was a miner.

Right from their cpu support chart

1150 Core i7 i7-4790K (C0) Haswell-R 4GHz 8MB 88W P2.80 << being the BIOS required

yeah didnt check the cpu support list i went right to the download page, list says it needs the 2.80 driver which is not up for download yet.

I would imagine it will be made available once the chips are out for retail. Interestingly though even the beta bios available doesn't mention it.

i pulled the trigger on the 4790K so if someone sees the 2.80 driver go up before i do let me know, ordered it from tigerdirect since i couldnt use paypal at amazon obviously or newegg since it was a preorder heh lame reason tbh but tiger direct accepted paypal just fine and the 1 day shipping was $9 cheaper than newegg.

Just wanted to give an update on this, the 2.72 Beta BIOS does work with the 4790K on this MB i put mine in a few minutes ago.

Back