ASRock 940 adapter pic

stryder2720

Supreme [H]ardness
Sry if this is a repost.
asrock-1a.jpg

So it appears that it works off the PCI-Bus rather than the PCI-E, this part of the Asrock mobos will fail :p.

i think id just rather wait for them to crank out some actual AM2 mobos than use the daughterboard setup.

It looks like it works off the PCI E bus or maybe some other proprietary bus. It could be popular since lots of people have the board it works on.

It is a proprietary interface. It's what all of their "upgrade" boards are built around. If you want, you can see the upgrade board from their 754 line here. It operates at the full rated bus speed of the new socket.

I think it will work good for those people who are wanting to hold over untill their next favorite board comes out, will save those money that they can use right away for a better processor or memory.

Their 754 to 939 worked well, so their 939 to 940 should work great too.

I got the board this goes in because my MSI board fried and I didn't have the cash to replace my recently purchased AGP 6800 at the same time. A bit later, I can switch to PCIe and AM2 one at a time as budget and need allows.

RoHS compliant... unless they magically got around the lead free teething that is going on I'd expect initial yields to be crap...

Back