ASRock 939Dual-SATA2

Have to say I remain happy with my Dual-Sata2.

I moved from an AGP 6600GT to a PCI-E 7600GT, then on to a 7900GS - it was simple.

I've still got everything overclocked up, and no issues at all after a year.

If Asrock made a Conroe mobo that allowed for overclocking, I'd be getting one of those. Their 775 Dual however doesn't qualify.

Great boards, simple setup even for a novice outside of the chipset driver installation. They are pretty much the only board that will run either AGP or PCI-E without performance compromise.

yea i am using one and i have had absolutely no problems with it. i moved from a 9800 pro to a x1900gt and had no problems at all. great board with no performence drops.

I went from a 9800pro AGP to a 7900gs PCI-e

Removed ati drivers, shutdown remove ati card inserted 7900gs. Restarted computer. Should i rmeove the agp drivers too?? seems like there should be more too this. But its working great.

I wouldn't worry about the AGP drivers unless you started having problems down the way but they should prove problematic or haven't in my past dealings with the board.

Since all the upgrades in CPUs have been out for awhile now, and considering i have the lower end of the X2's that came out (3800 ), I figure the most cost effiecient thing for me to do in the future is getting one of the latest CPU's out in the AM2 category.
After doing some light searching, i figured i would eventulaly get the X2 5200 Winsor and stick it on the AM2 riser card for this board. Since i am going to have to get new memory anyways, I would then get like 2 GBs or good DDR2 memory and be set for quite a while.

My current memory is only 1GB, but its very very good memory ( Corsair Platinum and works flawless still after five plus years of heavy use.
If i can somehow sel my other former Mbo ,CPU and video card and get some monies, that would help in finacing all of this , along with whjatever money i need to compensate.

I recently switched to a 7600GT PCIE video card.. , and am loving it as I do this board, which at the time and still is a great board and price.
My next HD is going to be a 3.0 250GB sata drive, which should suffice for a long time without having to get any more disk space.

i still have my AGP drivers installed for the board and i get no problems so far... LOL :(

I'm a little nervous after reading some of this thread. Since I'm on a budget I had to shop for open box items, it helps. Didn't know much about it other than the agp and pci-e worked ok. So I'll cross my fingers now and hope I don't pull out any hair this weekend.

i have emailed asrock, they only make am2 boards no 939 boards anymore grrr i want this board save it email them

Well got the board and no post. I reseated the agp card 9800pro, took the cmos battery out, reset the cmos jumper. Tried without hd connected and then tried without cpu.

Keys lighted on keybaord for a second then nothing. No video signal. Typing now using same vc on another pc.

Is there somthing I may be missing? It seems I have a doa open box mb. The cpu is also from an open box. The testing I did above does it exclude the cpu from being bad? Im not sure I never tested power up with cpu out to see if I could get into the bios. I read about that somewhere.

Thanks for the tips.

After it posted and I changed all the needless settings in the bios. turn off things like flexibility option, bank interleaving, set it at 2t(this board hates 1t) or it may just be a bad board(crosses fingers for you). Make sure all the jumpers for the future port are correct as well.

Is there a fix for AGP acceleration on windows xp64 yet?

I bought the board a while back but was unable to use it as the AGP drivers for xp64 were so buggy or just plain did not work.

Has anyone been able to get the AGP working on xp64?

The only way before was to remove the AGP drivers completely, but then without AGP acceleration 3d performance drops completely.

I would like to try the board again but not until this has been fixed.

Why WinXP64?

No gain, more pain.

Works great under plain XP. AGP tended to report as 1X, but everybody had that, and it really did work at better than that. Not quite as good as a dedicated AGP mobo, but it really wasn't far off. And the PCI-E is really good.

Because it is what I run. At this point I do NOT feel like reinstalling everything... at least not until vista.

Besides, it is stable, better memory management, better scheduler, there are applications I run that seem to work better with it. I can leave my PC on 24/7 between patch cycles without issue... XP shows it's age and begins to lag a little after a couple weeks without a restart. xp64 is based on the server2003 kernel and that was built with stability and uptime in mind.

What is the word on Vista with this board. Are there uli drivers yet for vista?

do any of you know if there are any stores that still have this in stock?

I spent the better part of last week looking for anyone (except Ebay) that had this in stock. Wasn't able to find any though. :( Ended up getting a Biostar TForce 6100-939 instead.

I spent the better part of last week looking for anyone (except Ebay) that had this in stock. Wasn't able to find any though. :( Ended up getting a Biostar TForce 6100-939 instead.

That's funny - I ordered the exact same Biostar board from NewEgg when I couldn't find the Asrock board anywhere either. Of course, the very next day, I found one for sale on the FS/FT forum. Now it looks like I'll RMA the Biostar.

What just annoyed me is that NewEgg had an open-box 939Dual-SATA yesterday - went out-of-stock when I looked. I just wasn't fast enough - but you may want to check the NewEgg open box AMD motherboards each day to see if another one comes back.

You looking for the board? PM me... I probably won't ever use it. Only booted once and then put back in the box.

Unless someone can confirm that full AGP acceleration works in xp64... cough cough.

You looking for the board? PM me... I probably won't ever use it. Only booted once and then put back in the box.

Unless someone can confirm that full AGP acceleration works in xp64... cough cough.

Send me a PM with the price and I'll get back to you.

FYI - NewEgg just got a bunch of the Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 boards back in stock as Open Box deals for $29.99 (for those trying to still find them).

Anyone able to confirm AGP acceleration on xp64 yet?

I am almost thinking I am going to have to just bite the bullet and test it myself.

i just purchased this board last week and got it monday because it got to ups on sunday and yeah, it is AWESOME!!!!! i don't have ram for it though i have a x2 4400+ in it right now and its in an antec p180 :)

b73145617.jpg

Darth Vaders Sith starfighter It's a transformer!

b73145470.jpg

JAAAAAMITIN!!!!!!!!!

b73145345.jpg

Testing fittings

b73145189.jpg

From the crotch actions

b73145090.jpg

Inside the tubing

b73144983.jpg

The mess that ensued

b73144850.jpg

Don't look at my hand, it's freaky.

b73144798.jpg

mostly together.

b73144731.jpg

Naked in all it's glory.

b73144655.jpg

The desk is no longer fit to hold this wonder of wonders.

b73144586.jpg

Radiator outlet.

b73144477.jpg

WHY ISN'T THE BOOT DRIVE SHOWING UP?!?!?!?

b73144361.jpg

The waterblock

b73144231.jpg

How tight it actually is.

b73144106.jpg

The RAID card

b73143972.jpg

We have coolant flow!

b73143842.jpg

See how intricately everything is threaded?

b73143750.jpg

Go Asrock 939Dual-SATA2!

b73143626.jpg

Dusty Audigy,
Radeon.

b73143530.jpg

Everything glows in the dark,
To bad I hate side panels with windows!

Specs: 4x Western Digital 800JB Special editions
(http://www.storagereview.com/articles/200205/20020529WD800JB_1.html)
1x Western Digital 1000JB
Lian-Li PC-61 USB case,
Pioneer DVD burner,
Rosewill FD-200 Combo floppy/Card reader. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820223072
I was kind of hoping it used USB for the floppy, but it uses an actual floppy cable.
ATI Radeon X800XL AGP.
Generic Software RAID card, I think SIIG?
Audigy gamer,
And a very custom install of the ThermalTake BIGwater 745.
I left the single 120 Radiator out though.
http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-bigwater-745.html
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Thermaltake/BW745
http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cooling/Tt_Bigwater_745/index.html
My Temps run about 5-10F above room temperature right now.
With very little noise, most of the noise is from the HDD's.

Now. on with the overclocking.
:D

I've skimmed through these posts and haven't seen this answered yet. I've been a part of the Vista beta program since the beginning, but whenever I tried to install Vista, I could never find motherboard drivers that worked with it. I emailed ASROCK about it, and they said that they aren't going to release Vista Drives for the 939Dual-SATA2. But from read through here, it appears other people have gotten Vista to work.

Any tips as to what drivers to use, or what I can do to get Vista to run on my machine?

I've skimmed through these posts and haven't seen this answered yet. I've been a part of the Vista beta program since the beginning, but whenever I tried to install Vista, I could never find motherboard drivers that worked with it. I emailed ASROCK about it, and they said that they aren't going to release Vista Drives for the 939Dual-SATA2. But from read through here, it appears other people have gotten Vista to work.

Any tips as to what drivers to use, or what I can do to get Vista to run on my machine?

Um, I Have Vista drivers for lan and the AGP thingy, don't need drivers for anything else really.

But you know what? I can't find where I downloaded them from!
I don't see them at all on asrocks web site, and I dont' see them on ULI's site.
So i'll find out and get back to ya.

Alright, thanks man. I've been wanting to try out Vista, but I'm too broke to get a new motherboard. :D

Thanks for looking

If I remember correctly, the only difference in the dual sata2 and the dual VSTA is the built in sound. Can't you just download the drivers for the VSTA and use them? There's an AGP patch, Lan driver and ULI SATA driver for vista.

I'm really not sure. I can try it. Next time I get time to reformat. <_<

Anyone know for sure if that's true? I'd hate to reformat just to find it doesn't work.

Cool, if the all the other drivers work from the VSTA edition, then I should be good. Thanks..

Hey all

Got this board from ebay. (was a brand new RMA board and have the RMA receipt with it)

Set it up with an s939 3200+
6800GT
2 x 512 Crucial Ballistix pc4000 (ddr500)

Anyway

i cant get the memory to run above ddr300. I have the cpur running at 10 x 230 and no problems there but how do i get the memory running at 230

Any thoughts?

Got it sorted.

It was a setting for ram compatability altering the ram multiplier.

All good now

FWIW, Yashu has sold me the board. Smooth transaction. TYVM, Yashu.

Back