Asking a Favor of some 6800gt users

w00t69

Limp Gawd
I need to ask a favor of you guys. There is someone on some other forums I'm on that has numbers in this farcry benchmark:

Resolution: 1280×1024
Maximum quality option, Direct3D renderer
Level: Pier, demo: 1.tmd
Pixel shader: default model
Antialising: 8×
Anisotrophic filtering: 16×

Score = 53.00 FPS (Run 1)
Score = 52.89 FPS (Run 2)
Average score = 52.94 FPS

I would like you to post your numbers at these settings using this program:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=830&file=7&evp=c83d14e71d8bef114cb748366d2d541e

I wanna see what you guys score. 1280 x 1024 with 8x/16x doesn't seem realistic to me...

You guys couldn't bench the exact same as him anyways. I have to find a place to give you guys the same demo he used as well. He used some pier demo, unless i can find it on the internet then i can't do much about you guys using the same settings as him. And thanks for informing me that 8xS doesn't work, will have to go pwn him with this. I FIGURED that it was something like that, because there was no way that framerate was so high with 8xS on.

w00t69 said:
You guys couldn't bench the exact same as him anyways. I have to find a place to give you guys the same demo he used as well. He used some pier demo, unless i can find it on the internet then i can't do much about you guys using the same settings as him. And thanks for informing me that 8xS doesn't work, will have to go pwn him with this. I FIGURED that it was something like that, because there was no way that framerate was so high with 8xS on.

Yeh by enabling 8xS in FarCry some lesser amount of AA is being used.

Yeah, he's saying it does work, because he sees a difference between it and 4x. Somehow, I think his mind is playing tricks on him... :D

w00t69 said:
Yeah, he's saying it does work, because he sees a difference between it and 4x. Somehow, I think his mind is playing tricks on him... :D

It probably is using one of the hidden MSAA modes that the drivers don't support via control panel. Definitely no supersampling going on tho. For instance, setting Half Life 2 to 6xAA ingame uses a hidden 6xMSAA mode on the 6800 which actually looks worse than 4x but is faster

He now said, who are you going to trust, me or him (referring to you tran). My god, when is this guy gonna get it through his head that 8x isn't being performed. I then informed him why someone who knows anything about video cards would be skeptical about the numbers he posted, knowing how much of a hit 8x nvidia AA is (4x + 2xS). Waiting to see what he says.

using riviatuner, you can turn 8x aa on, thats without the S, also u can turn 16x aa on, which kills framrates.

^^ I doubt he even knows what rivatuner is, so it's a no go on that one. But that's quite cool.

w00t69 said:
^^ I doubt he even knows what rivatuner is, so it's a no go on that one. But that's quite cool.

Yeh if you thought 8xS ate performance try 16xS in rivatuner :)

Back