Ashley Madison Offers $500k Bounty

Wait, we need to establish right here and right now that people who signed up to AM paid for the privilege to establish communications to someone else to possibly begin an affair or something in between. To my knowledge, simply signing up doesn't constitute extramarital affair or is that where we are going now? How about thinking about having an affair. Is that an affair? So is simply signing up to a site to possibly contact someone for an affair constitute an affair?

No, but there will be some explaining to do. To the hacker, it didn't matter. That list is for those that cheated, those that didn't cheat, those that signed up and didn't do anything.... It doesn't say what went on after that. But, the intention was still the same - successful or not.

Does that determine guilt? Depends on your marriage and your mate. Hell, for some, the whole AM thing could be completely fine and dandy with their mate. So, I'm not judging those that did it. I find it extremely wrong, but that's just my opinion. Other people may find it just annoying or even fine. Depends on your marriage and how things work with you two.

Anyone down to be the scapegoat? I'll give you $50K for your lawyer fees. :D

It comes down to two wrongs don't make a right. Whoever released that stuff wasn't doing something good. They thought they were, but they were wrong. They stole the data and released it. Yes, the people cheating were piles of crap, but that's their business. It's almost like a tattletale but with strangers... And they had to steal the information before tattling. Some people have no morals - cheaters and some hackers/thieves alike.

Give me $200k and I'll take responsibility.

Zarathustra[H];1041813718 said:
I is the right thing to do, and I would expect the same from everyone around me if I were being cheated on and were unaware of it. What comes around goes around.

Sorry, I don't make it a habit to take lessons on how to live my life from some religious bullshit.

Of course you don't. You're already holier-than-thou to the nth degree, what would a deity offer to you?

So how deep does friendship go to you? I have good friends, whom I like, but I am not about to turn a blind eye if they do awful things.

Killing someone? Sure.
Selling kids drugs? Sure.

Cruising for a piece of ass? You may not like it, but it's not your place to insert yourself into their life that way.

friendship and being a good friend is important, but it does not transcend right or wrong. If you stick with your friends whether they are right or wrong, and defend them from the consequences of their actions, you are starting to sound like a criminal gang, speaking out against "snitch" culture.

Sorry, I just grew out of the "must tattle for attention" thing about the time I turned two.

If you have a friend who's doing something you feel is wrong, TAKE IT UP WITH THE FRIEND FIRST. Running behind his back is essentially doing the same thing he is supposedly doing. Failing to be up-front and honest about something.

IMHO, the "snitch" is always the hero.

Nothing "humble" about your opinion.

No, if people actually tried living up to their promises (i.e not lying, cheating, etc.) then this world really would be a better place.

Both actually.

But people like Zara here only serve to ADD to the misery. Because it boosts their tiny little egos and reinforces their opinions about how much BETTER they are than the people whose lives they're tearing down.

Zarathustra[H];1041813718 said:
I is the right thing to do, and I would expect the same from everyone around me if I were being cheated on and were unaware of it. What comes around goes around.

Sorry, I don't make it a habit to take lessons on how to live my life from some religious bullshit.

So how deep does friendship go to you? I have good friends, whom I like, but I am not about to turn a blind eye if they do awful things.

What would it take for you? What if your friend were a thief? Would you be ok with that? What if they sold drugs? What if they hurt or killed someone? What if they confided in you they were planning a terrorist act?

friendship and being a good friend is important, but it does not transcend right or wrong. If you stick with your friends whether they are right or wrong, and defend them from the consequences of their actions, you are starting to sound like a criminal gang, speaking out against "snitch" culture.

IMHO, the "snitch" is always the hero.

The feeling is mutual. Failure to act when you have knowledge of something that is wrong, whether a friend or a foe is very loathsome to me.

Hi All
You've got your head so far up your sixpoint of contact, that it would take a dredging crew a week to get it out.

Oh I love trolls.

Hey dipshit, do a google search. I just pulled the first weblink, and after I read it I posted it. But all studies point to the same information about children of divorce....Christian based or not.

You'll find there are dozens of similar studies with similar outcomes.

Holy crap man calm down. Marriage troubles cause of some website leak??

I know right, like if I see some guy get run over in the street who am I to stop and lend a hand? Just mind my fucking business and leave him there to bleed out.

Wow. Way to utterly misconstrue something.

Exposing someone has nothing to do with judging them. By your logic if I see a guy stealing snickers bars at the gas station I should just not judge him per Matthew's instructions. :rolleyes:

Theft, murder, sales of drugs, terrorism, etc. Those are all matters that impact everyone.

Some person looking to boink someone OTHER than their spouse/partner? NOBODY'S business but theirs (and their partner's).

The fact that you can equate the "run and tattle" mentality with being a good samaritan to an injured person? All I can say is that it indicates a fucked up mentality.

Then again, in the Puritanical States Of America, that's nothing new.

I place busybodies like this in the same social circles I assign to cross burners, lynchers and gay bashers.

Sorry but, who wrote these rules you've quoted?

Howsabout this?

"People living in glass houses shouldn't be chucking stones at others"

There. More contemporary and less "biblical' for you?

Both actually.

But people like Zara here only serve to ADD to the misery. Because it boosts their tiny little egos and reinforces their opinions about how much BETTER they are than the people whose lives they're tearing down.

Has nothing to do with ego.

It comes out of profound sympathy for the victim.

If your argument is that they are better off not knowing, then sorry, but to are a terrible fucking person.

If someone is being cheated on, they deserve to know about it. The people who know and who chose to stay silent are - in a way - aiding and abetting.

I have enough respect for the victims to believe strongly that they deserve to know what is really going on and it is my responsibility as a decent human being to let them know. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.

I would like to hope that if the same were to happen to me, someone would let me know.

I tried to stay out of this, but who the Fuck are you to shove your beliefs and morals on someone else? Be glad I'm in my phone because I could rant long and hard at how unbelievably judgemental, hypocritical and how much of a giant douchebag this makes you sound. I'm sorry but no, at no point is it EVER your right to ruin someone's career out anything else because you hold different values. I dislike cheaters as much as anyone but seriously, Fuck you man.

^^^
If my own posts haven't already stated this.

Bible quoting, eh? Do you eat shellfish? Cause if you have, you're going to hell.

Until then, keep your brainwashing out of the forums. Most of us don't live by your specious rules. (Thank god.)

Okay, as I did for someone else, I'll give you a more secular version of the same sentiment.

"People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing rocks at others."

Better?

I quoted the way I did because Zara was coming off like some puritanical little religious douche.

Me? Lapsed Catholic. All of the guilt and none of the Sunday social commitments! Hell, if I was into Football, it'd be a double-win!

Bullshit. People are flat out stating that the cheating is not an issue and blaming the release of information for suicides, divorces, broken homes, etc. The release of the information is the not the cause, the cheating is.

So, informing someone that their spouse is cheating is being a "self-righteous tale-bearer" and that the informer is at least as bad if not worse than the cheater? All that just for telling the truth?

I'd say you and quite a few others posting have some serious reality and logic disconnects you should look into.

Maybe you should go back and actually, y'know READ what was said. Not just "cuz feelz" it.

The fact is, people can actually separate the issues of cheating and tale-bearing and discuss loathing for one WITHOUT having to actually bring up the other.

And as all of the adults out there know, that's NOT the same thing as giving the cheaters a "pass".

Of course you don't. You're already holier-than-thou to the nth degree, what would a deity offer to you?

Killing someone? Sure.
Selling kids drugs? Sure.

Cruising for a piece of ass? You may not like it, but it's not your place to insert yourself into their life that way.

Sorry, I just grew out of the "must tattle for attention" thing about the time I turned two.

If you have a friend who's doing something you feel is wrong, TAKE IT UP WITH THE FRIEND FIRST. Running behind his back is essentially doing the same thing he is supposedly doing. Failing to be up-front and honest about something.

Nothing "humble" about your opinion.

Well getting HIV from your cheating spouse isn't exactly a victimless event. But hey being a tattle tale that makes you the worst human alive. Being sentenced to a life of expensive drugs, a demolished family likely through no real fault of your own, expensive insurance and likely a major lifestyle change and almost no chance of finding a new partner in life. That's no big deal, dude was just cruising for a piece of ass!

I see what your point is. I would tell them privately as it is only their business. I havent once supported what the hackers did. By exposing people publicly they have humiliated them in manners that they would not have been if done so privately. I wouldnt want my friends and family to know what I did anymore than I would want them to know I have herpes or anal fissures.

I dont see how the hackers could have privately released this info, and the damage they have done by doing so publicly would have been better off if everyone just kept cheating. I mean 2 people killed themselves already as a result of this, or so I've read. They didnt need to die just because they cheated on someone.

This is why many of us are wishing people would just butt the fuck out of others lives.

Screaming your neighbor's sins from the pulpit and trying to ruin their lives because you disagree with what they did is a disgusting and childish way of trying to enforce your own morality on others.

What's next? Beheading infidels?

Oh puh-fucking-lease. People cheated and now that they're found out, the hackers are the bad guys? That's ridiculous.

No. The hackers were the bad guys from the word go.

Breaking into systems you don't own. WRONG.
Stealing stuff you don't own. WRONG.
Extortion. WRONG.
Disseminating data that doesn't belong to you. WRONG.

So why the fuck are you acting like dislike for these assholes is something new?

Nice. Website title right out of Right Wing Conspiracies. Is it better for the child to grow up with parents who hate eachother? Abuse? Ignore? Or, is it healthier for the parents to separate and make themselves happier? The idea that "think of the children" is completely stupid to me. I'm from a household with divorced parents. I can tell you straight up, that I would have been better off never knowing my father's side of the family. To think for a second that my mother should feel compelled to say with him because "it's better for the kids" is completely societal brainwashing and would have resulted in far worse results than what happened.

The worst thing anyone can ever do is live a lie. Being honest is the best thing for everyone.

Zarathustra[H];1041813915 said:
Has nothing to do with ego.

Bullshit.

It comes out of profound sympathy for the victim.

And I repeat. BULLSHIT. People like you get off on the misery of others. Probably because it convinces you your own life isn't so crappy.

If your argument is that they are better off not knowing, then sorry, but to are a terrible fucking person.

I didn't say that. But shouting it it public accomplishes nothing but misery for all.

It hasn't been established that it was a hack. Everything I've seen screams inside job and that's just plain theft, not hacking.

Then why did I read an article where the hackers said AM had no security after they hacked in and they were able to rummage for hours unimpeded?

I agree. It's harder for people to feel empathy in this case because the target is that of people "not on their standing." Though, I have a hard believing people's high ground when stastically it's not on their side, and most are just as guilty. The only issue is they aren't members. Thus, they can parade their beliefs unchallenged because they haven't been exposed yet.

This hacking is very similar to the other stuff that has occured. Nude pictures being taken. Credit card numbers being stolen. It's all the same. It's all stuff that we deem should be protected and should be private. However, we are finding out with each new day that these things are not protected and are not private. So, we divise ways of trying to blame the right people and also victimize already made vicitims.

I remember having a conversation about the leaked Celeb Nudes that transpired about a year ago. I remember clearly saying that at this point in the juncture, nobody should be surprised from this leak, or the fact the information could be gathered. I was labelled as vicitim blaming. Which, my response was simply that of "we can no longer use ignorance as a defense." We live in world on which our data passes through so many variables that it's impossible to secure it and it's impossible to know where it goes. This should be common knowledge and one of which ignorance can no longer be claimed. Whether you are a man or a women you cannot do actitives of which you cannot answer for publicly, with the thought that nobody will ever know. You can't. You have to assume that at somepoint your actions will be found out. Thus, live the life you sing about. If you don't the world will most likely find out.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't send your love nude photos and blah. I'm just saying you need to be aware and own the content and the actions you do with data. If you cannot live with the choices you made, then you probably shouldn't be making them. It sucks that we cannot have this privacy or security, but that's the way of the world. That's the power of the internet and lawlessness. It's uncontrollable.

Zarathustra[H];1041813915 said:
Has nothing to do with ego.....

.... know.

You're making things WAY too black and white. But, whatever. I'm sure most people on that site were creepers. That said, a lot of people get mixed up in affairs for a different reasons, some not so black and white. My hope is for those people not to know people like you I'm afraid. Not that you're a bad person, it's just a pretty heavy handed position.

A lot of you guys need to step the fuck back for a moment. This "hack" has a lot more important information that was stolen and released. Credit cards, personal information, email addresses. This hack is an ID thief's wet dream. Take that into consideration for a moment, then think about all the innocent people who have to deal with said bullshit. By "innocent", I mean people who signed up for the site that weren't cheating; the banks, credit card companies, and any other business dealing with fraud; all the individual people at these companies handling the issue; etc. The hack is more far reaching than most of you think.

So stop preaching from the mountain and realize this hack affects more than just a few thousand people whose moral compass doesn't steer them towards the peak of Mount Holier-Than-Thou.

Maybe you should go back and actually, y'know READ what was said. Not just "cuz feelz" it.

The fact is, people can actually separate the issues of cheating and tale-bearing and discuss loathing for one WITHOUT having to actually bring up the other.

And as all of the adults out there know, that's NOT the same thing as giving the cheaters a "pass".

You're the one who needs to go back and read because your comprehension is obviously faulty. There are quite a few posts blaming those who released the information as causing suicides, divorces and broken homes. They're not blaming the acts which actually started it all.

You're the one going "cuz feelz". Look at your posts. It's nothing but emotional ranting over how information was released. "Screaming your neighbor's sins from the pulpit" isn't an illogical emotion statement? Again, you're trying to foist the blame on who or how information was released in order to cover up the actual misdeeds in the first place.

Here's a little bit of information for you and some others specific to the issue. Don't cheat and/or go looking for a way to cheat in the first place and you won't get in trouble for cheating. It really is that simple. If the people hadn't used the website and hadn't cheated then there wouldn't be an issue because there wouldn't have been any information about them to be released.

Actually, you are defending the actions of the people who had affairs. In your very first paragraph you're blaming the person/people who released the information for suicides instead of the people who committed the affairs in the first place.

It's actually quite interesting how many people here overlook the wrong done by the cheaters as if nothing whatsoever happened. It's a complete failure of basic logic and problem solving. It has to make you wonder why people are defending the cheaters.

I'll pose you a scenario for your consideration.

Robert Yen is a Naturalized US Citizen. His culture does not consider extra-marital sex a sin and finds no harm in it. His wife doesn't like it, but again, in his culture she has little say, it's just what men do, so long as they maintain their responsabilities to their family and do not let the affair interfere with that structure.

Robert Yen works as a defense contractor and has a security clearance with the Federal Government. The Security people view infidelity in a poor light because by American Customs and mores, infidelity shows poor character and would make most men susceptable to blackmail. Many men have fallen prey to intelligence agents for exactly this reason. That last Russian spy caught, the red head, she is a fine example of the type.

Now Robert Yen used Ashley Madison and trusted them to keep his privacy on the matter. In truth, he should have no reason to worry as his wife would at least accept his diversions and if the Security People hear of them they should be mollified to learn that they shouldn't fear a vulnerability to blackmail as a result.

But what if Robert Yen is not so viewing the whole thing so clearly. What if, because of his experiences with his own nation that he left, he may not trust Security types and may not see that they would understand and adjust realizing that Robery is an exception to the norm.

Robert didn't do anything wrong, not by his or his wife's custom. Security would probably accept that he was in fact not a risk do to his activities. But what if Robert get's wound up and does something stupid because he doesn't see the situation clearly?

People should take far more care in what they do when the start getting that self-righteous itch they just have to scratch.

A lot of you guys need to step the fuck back for a moment. This "hack" has a lot more important information that was stolen and released. Credit cards, personal information, email addresses. This hack is an ID thief's wet dream. Take that into consideration for a moment, then think about all the innocent people who have to deal with said bullshit. By "innocent", I mean people who signed up for the site that weren't cheating; the banks, credit card companies, and any other business dealing with fraud; all the individual people at these companies handling the issue; etc. The hack is more far reaching than most of you think.

So stop preaching from the mountain and realize this hack affects more than just a few thousand people whose moral compass doesn't steer them towards the peak of Mount Holier-Than-Thou.

Even this underestimates the risks.

It would seem that many of the email addresses were .gov and .mil domains. Now these don't mean for certain that Government Officials and Service Members used these credentials. Military civilian contractors and even retirees get these kind of email addresses and I am sure there are others as far flunk as the government is. But with the numbers involved, there probably will be some that are. Some of them may even hold sensative positions and security clearances. They could be subjects of blackmail or other threats, they could be targeted successfully knowing that they have certain weaknesses.

This could cause great damage to completely innocent Americans.

Howsabout this?

"People living in glass houses shouldn't be chucking stones at others"

There. More contemporary and less "biblical' for you?

It was a simple question. You're telling someone they're wrong and quoting a set of rules to back that up, I was hoping you could tell me who actually wrote those rules.

Breaking into systems you don't own. WRONG.
Stealing stuff you don't own. WRONG.
Extortion. WRONG.
Disseminating data that doesn't belong to you. WRONG.

So why the fuck are you acting like dislike for these assholes is something new?

Cheating on your spouse. WRONG.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot we were letting God fearing (self)righteous Christians off the hook as long as they say they're sorry when they're caught.

The site specifically advertised itself to be facilitating private, adulterous affairs.

If you weren't doing something morally wrong according to your beliefs and religion, then you wouldn't need a site like AM... you'd just get your kicks on OKCupid, POF or anywhere else where you weren't trying to hide what you were doing.

I have no sympathy for the people affected by the hack. Their actions that led to them joining the site is what hurt their families.

Had they accepted responsibility for their own behaviour and not put themselves in a position of moral superiority via religion... then it would have been a non-issue.

If you live your life via a moral code that requires mental gymnastics to justify what it is you want to do anyway, then it's time to reevaluate your life before you do something that hurts other people because of your own lies and desires. These people seem to think that being dishonest to themselves somehow makes it impossible for some omniscient god to know what they are doing.

There are plenty of happy, healthy families that involve spouses in open relationships. And surprise, there's no need to 'cheat' when you're honest with spouse and honest with yourself.

The sooner religion goes extinct, the sooner shit like this won't matter.

You're the one who needs to go back and read because your comprehension is obviously faulty. There are quite a few posts blaming those who released the information as causing suicides, divorces and broken homes. They're not blaming the acts which actually started it all.

You're the one going "cuz feelz". Look at your posts. It's nothing but emotional ranting over how information was released. "Screaming your neighbor's sins from the pulpit" isn't an illogical emotion statement? Again, you're trying to foist the blame on who or how information was released in order to cover up the actual misdeeds in the first place.

Here's a little bit of information for you and some others specific to the issue. Don't cheat and/or go looking for a way to cheat in the first place and you won't get in trouble for cheating. It really is that simple. If the people hadn't used the website and hadn't cheated then there wouldn't be an issue because there wouldn't have been any information about them to be released.

Sorry, but any time anyone tries to IMPOSE their own narrow morality on me, or others, the proper response is "Fuck you".

What utopia do you live in where there is no cheating? Who the fuck wants to have sex with the same person for 50+ years? Get real, dude. BTW, I am not married so can get away with stating the truth.

Cheating on your spouse. WRONG.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot we were letting God fearing (self)righteous Christians off the hook as long as they say they're sorry when they're caught.

The site specifically advertised itself to be facilitating private, adulterous affairs.

If you weren't doing something morally wrong according to your beliefs and religion, then you wouldn't need a site like AM... you'd just get your kicks on OKCupid, POF or anywhere else where you weren't trying to hide what you were doing.

I have no sympathy for the people affected by the hack. Their actions that led to them joining the site is what hurt their families.

Had they accepted responsibility for their own behaviour and not put themselves in a position of moral superiority via religion... then it would have been a non-issue.

If you live your life via a moral code that requires mental gymnastics to justify what it is you want to do anyway, then it's time to reevaluate your life before you do something that hurts other people because of your own lies and desires. These people seem to think that being dishonest to themselves somehow makes it impossible for some omniscient god to know what they are doing.

There are plenty of happy, healthy families that involve spouses in open relationships. And surprise, there's no need to 'cheat' when you're honest with spouse and honest with yourself.

The sooner religion goes extinct, the sooner shit like this won't matter.

It must be nice to be so certain of your own infallibility that you can instantly be a judgey prick about everyone else.

It must be nice to be so certain of your own infallibility that you can instantly be a judgey prick about everyone else.

Pretty choice coming from you given your responses in this thread.

Cuts both ways. You should probably do something before you bleed out.

Pretty choice coming from you given your responses in this thread.

Cuts both ways. You should probably do something before you bleed out.

Between the two of us, which one is advocating dragging down his fellow man to feel better about himself?

Oh I love trolls.

Hey dipshit, do a google search. I just pulled the first weblink, and after I read it I posted it. But all studies point to the same information about children of divorce....Christian based or not.

You'll find there are dozens of similar studies with similar outcomes.

As a psychiatrist I can tell you that studies that conclude what you are suggesting are complete and utter BS. If you do a web search on the subject the first 10 pages are going to be 90% BS links created by groups such as the one you linked to. They are NOT referencing actual proper peer reviewed studies. Instead they cheery pick quotes if they reference anything legit at all. Most of the time they point to stuff written by "sociologists" which are often misquoted / taken out context. They also tend to base there "evidence" on essays or other writings by such people that are not based on anything scientific. Psychiatrists will tell you that events such as divorce or deaths or any other major live changing event in a childs life CAN have an effect of course, just as anything traumatic can effect any human being. There are plenty of very healthy divorced families in the world. Concluding that all divorce correlates to negative influence on children is just silly. Its a sever generalization that frankly is extremely dangerous.

Between the two of us, which one is advocating dragging down his fellow man to feel better about himself?

Between the two of us, which one is projecting and making claims about what the other person is doing?

I'm not doing anything to "feel better about [myself]"... I'm stating simple facts.

* Ashley Madison is a site that advertised itself to be used explicitly to facilitate an affair.

* The people using the site knew they were using it to cheat on their spouses.

* People who used the site used it to violate their own moral code.

* A moral code that exists explicitly because of their religion.

* A moral code that tell people they are not good for giving into their biological desires.

* A moral code that people feel guilt over and feel the need to lie to others to hide that guilt.

My moral code consists of two things: Don't harm others, be honest always. And surprise. I have no problem with consenting partners having sex outside of their relationships with other consenting adults because it's a normal part of human behaviour. Demonizing it only leads it to the kind of behaviour that spawned the need for the site in the first place: A site to hide your actions from others.

If you think anything said here is being said to feel better about ones' self... then you should probably stop posting in this thread and start reflecting upon yourself. Because your projection says more about you than those you aim it at.

Its disgusting to see the degree of judgement on this issue. To put it simply, its none of your (or my) fucking business. People do what they do, and cheating is not illegal (gasp!) so there are at least two victims here, those that got hacked, and those cheated on. One does not trump the other, except that one is a crime.

As I see it, those throwing stones are shitty people, as you are throwing them broadly labelling all of them as scum, without regard for individual circumstance. Indeed you probably don't see the need to know individual circumstance to ascribe someone as guilty. Someone like that is a terrible person.

I feel terrible for all caught in this, cheaters, cheated, families and assholes. Its a tragedy from start to finish.

what a lowball offer.

I bet they won't pay even if you find the perp. Just like they said they would delete your data, but they didn't.

what a lowball offer.

I bet they won't pay even if you find the perp. Just like they said they would delete your data, but they didn't.

Yes it is, when they are facing a 500+ million dollar class action lawsuit, you think they would up it to at least 500k us, if not $1,000,000.

They'll probably give it to someone else behind your back after you trusted them to give it to you!

Zarathustra[H];1041813610 said:
I make it my business.

As a decent human being I see it as my responsibility to expose people like this.

No, I'm not going to go looking for them, but if I found out a friend of mine were cheating on his wife? Guess what, he wouldn't be my friend anymore, and I would see it as my duty to let his wife know about it.

And I'd be fine with them becoming unemployable as a result.

Truth is, if someone cheats in what is supposed to be the most profound relationship of their lives, then they can't be trusted to do anything. You can't trust them in business, you can't even trust them to play a goddamned game.

Cheating transcends different aspects of ones life. Either you are a trustworthy person or you aren't, and if you aren't everyone needs to be warned, so no one else has to fall victim to the results of violated trust.

Perhaps you didn't see my previous post. I will try again.

Does your holier than thou attitude extend to putting people at risk for being executed for for being gay?

Had to walk away for a bit as this is the first time someone's comments in a thread actually made me physically angry. So I did some other things, calmed down and figured I would discuss this rationally.

I made it 1 page last my last post before being at "I would rather just punch you in the mouth for being such a self righteous prick" frame of mind again. So with that, I'm done with this thread. I just hope some of you are just running your stupid mouth and never actually ruin someone's life.

Back