Ashes of Singularity 1/2 off till 2/29/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you upgrade your key is now limited to that rig and they retain the right to burn that key if you upgrade MB or CPU.

I would never upgrade my keys

UMASS what did you edit to get ride of that intrusive updating icon. I already turned off auto updated because they were saying MS was goign to turn Win 10 into a required update so it would auto install on every rig.

I had to modify my GWX.exe file to kill it from coming back. It worked. No more icon. I think this is the site I used here: How to Disable or Remove “Get Windows 10 Upgrade” App and Icon from Taskbar? - AskVG

Like Yakk mentioned....Anything above the beginner AI is pretty damn solid. Granted I suck right now (just picked it up two days ago), plus I'm not a great RTS player anyway. The Beta AI is very good. Some graphic issues after Beta 2. I'm using DX11 (WIN7) see my specs below. I'm getting 43 FPS & I'm happy with that. Using AMD 16.2 drivers.

Like Yakk mentioned....Anything above the beginner AI is pretty damn solid. Granted I suck right now (just picked it up two days ago), plus I'm not a great RTS player anyway. The Beta AI is very good. Some graphic issues after Beta 2. I'm using DX11 (WIN7) see my specs below. I'm getting 43 FPS & I'm happy with that. Using AMD 16.2 drivers.
again what does very good mean....does it resource cheat? Does it trickle does it use actual strategy?

I was able to beat 7 hards on the same team in Generals with a starting income of 75,000 and running at the slowest speed to match their micro management and came up with an order of operations to be able to build up an emp wall with bombers to kill scuds and could hold off the endless trickle of units lol. I just had to do everything in the right order to get enough money to build the wall while massing enough super weapons to beat theirs. It was funny and stupid at the same time. 7 hards are ridiculously hard to beat but they aren't hard if you turtle and slowly kill them with super weapons. Same thing with SC....just need enough anti nukes and enough artillery to win if your wall can turtle.

They both just trickle and use resource cheats. SC hard was like 3x production rate and 3x resource gen....Thats why they always kill you in 30 mins because they already have 90 mins of resources......

if you upgrade your key is now limited to that rig and they retain the right to burn that key if you upgrade MB or CPU.

I would never upgrade my keys

UMASS what did you edit to get ride of that intrusive updating icon. I already turned off auto updated because they were saying MS was goign to turn Win 10 into a required update so it would auto install on every rig.

This is not any different from any other OEM key as far back as Vista IIRC. Sounds like people bitching for the sake of bitching. It's free, gtf over your entitled self.

Relax RemonGTP. Not everyone is on the WIN10 wagon. No reason to rip people with your last sentence. Geez Louise.

Yup. Sale has ended. Great deal for $25.00!

Last edited:
Relax RemonGTP. Not everyone is on the WIN10 wagon. No reason to rip people with your last sentence. Geez Louise.

Yup. Sale has ended. Great deal for $25.00!

I have no issues with people not wanting to upgrade, it's when people complain about a free upgrade that isn't free enough. Then it shifts into entitlement.

...weird my post didn't post.

no your wrong. It was well known that Windows product manager said that it applied to retail keys as well. So know what your talking about before acting like a prick.

Maybe he is incompetent but its hard to believe he is that out of touch if he is mistaken in his statement because if he was referring to OEM he should have specified.

Windows 10: Will you lose your free upgrade if you reinstall? - TechRepublic

I said OEM keys smart guy

I said OEM keys smart guy

and i said windows product manager made a statement stating its for all keys (at least that's how it appears)...dingle-berry. So don't be a prick.

whether or not he is mistaken/incompetent that changes things. Some MS emplyee on the forum stated otherwise but their are conflicting statements.

Last edited:
WOW - did you guys see the write up that Tom's did? Check out the OUTRAGEOUS power consumption increases in DX12 - DX12 vs DX11 GPU & CPU Power Consumption - Ashes Of The Singularity Beta: Async Compute, Multi-Adapter & Power
thats expected. Normally when you game a large part of the GPU is idle/not being used. Thats why AMD gets such a massive boost. AMD has a large amount of compute power being left unused. nvidia sees almost no gain because its entirely missing any actual compute power. Ypu'll see that with next gen when they bring back compute performance. DX12 will use more power because its fully using the chip.

Reactions: Yakk
like this
and i said windows product manager made a statement stating its for all keys (at least that's how it appears)...dingle-berry. So don't be a prick.

whether or not he is mistaken/incompetent that changes things. Some MS emplyee on the forum stated otherwise but their are conflicting statements.

Again, I said OEM when I originally quoted you. Shift goal posts much?

Again, I said OEM when I originally quoted you. Shift goal posts much?
no i never shifted any posts. I stated a statement and an opinion and you tried to act like a smart ass. So i called you out on your douche baggery.

You can state OEMs all you want my post was referring to retail keys so who is trying to misdirect in an effort to me an asshole?

Just admit your being a baseless ass for no reason.

Last edited:
no i never shifted any posts. I stated a statement and an opinion and you tried to act like a smart ass. So i called you out on your douche baggery.

You can state OEMs all you want my post was referring to retail keys so who is trying to misdirect in an effort to me an asshole?

Just admit your being a baseless ass for no reason.

Except my statement is accurate and your "call out" was about something completely difference. Furthermore, you're the one hurling the personal insults.

Clearly, I've hit a nerve. Perhaps it's that you recognize I was on point and you tried to deflect. Unsuccessfully, and now you're crying about it. Relax, it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back