Ashes: Afterglow - Post apocalyptic goodness

atarumoroboshi18

Limp Gawd
I haven't seen anyone speak about this mod on here, so I'm doing so. Say hello to the Ashes series, a post apocalyptic Doom mod about where you're a scavenger whose going around the ruined, abandoned America, fighting mutants, getting into firefights with raiders, and scavenging every drop of ammo and scrap you come across. The mod is unique due to it's incredible attention to detail and it's visceral pulse-pounding shooting. Start off with a newly redone episode one(Ashes: 2063), then play it's side-story(Ashes: Dead Man Walking), then play it's latest episode(Ashes: Afterglow). I cannot express how amazing this series is, it's fantastically well crafted and has some of the best music and level design I've encountered in some time.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=69612&p=1162733

Looks more like this is a game built on the GZDoom engine than it is a TC for Doom in the classic sense.

I have 'finished' it. It took some time, but it is quite literally one of the best mods games I've played in quite a long time. It's got a LOT more story than I was expecting and the guys behind it are pretty much setting this up to be a major recurring series. There's twists and turns, sprinkles of neat lore and not just about the world or groups, but about yourself and what you are. There was a metric crap ton of things I missed on my first playthrough and I'm waiting for Vostyok(Mods creator) to release the latest update to start all over again. I missed out on a secret level, a missed weapon, tons of secrets, etc. The atmosphere was better than even high level AAA games, silence is incredible when playing. If there is no music, no enemies, and everything seems too easy, be prepared to get your @$$ handed to you when you least expect it.

Back