ASHEN

Comixbooks

Fully [H]

Someone just pointed me to this game it's like Dark Souls with smooth graphics and no faces.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
What I like about it the game looks clean and innocent on top with the graphics but still has a creepy element to it really pulls you in. Plus they didn't have faces in Ultima 8

This looks mildly interesting. The art style was definitely inspired by Absolver. If it is a challenging game I will probably give it a try at least.

Everything looks so fluid in this game maybe you can wear a Helmet that will cover your characters face so it won't matter later on.

Its on Epic but not on Steam it might be released later on Steam just means I need to stop buying Steam credit.

Last edited:
This looks interesting, always a fan of souls type games. I'll give it a little bit, see how reviews turn out.

I'd like to know how many hours of content it has. I'd love to get this but at $40 its kind of high, which is fine if its a meaty game, but not so much if it is going to be 10 hours or so.

ok: people are saying 22 hours to finish the game, more to explore and loot everything. also PC coop is absolutely broken. It works fine on xbox though. No NG+, it just goes back to before the final boss if you reload.

Last edited:
I didn't read any reviews, but thought it looked fun. I picked this up Sunday night I think. Probably only 5 hours in, but so far it's a lot of fun. Hadn't played dark souls in probably 9+ months, so I die a lot; overall quite enjoyable. They did a great job on funneling you places and using lighting to "hide" stuff, I've somehow managed to completely miss obvious places to explore/progress multiple times now, stuck bashing my head only to backtrack like 10 feet with my lantern out to discover where I need to go. But, now I know what to look for.

It's out on Steam Today Dec. 9th
I still haven't picked it up mainly because I didn't know much about the Epic launcher at the time.

Finally picked this game up played it for about 5 minutes character creations is a joke due to nobody having a face.

2020-05-20 (3).png

2020-05-20 (27).png

Unlocks you need souls for

2020-05-20 (21).png

Character after you defeat the 1st boss.

2020-05-20 (18).png

The lighting is pretty Epic in the dungeons except you can't see much without a lantern so it's best to equip a single handed weapon.

The game is ok I like the colors and animations but the way they rendered the stuff feels like a playdoh fun factory.
It's easy on the eyes though that is for sure.

Back