ASDL vs Cable on torrent downloads

Shane

[H]ard|Gawd
All I must say is wow adsl duel channel puts cable to shame on bit torrent p2p downloads since its sends upload speed is around 10x faster anyways just switched and love it...plus it costs less. I know there is a way around this with a registy edit im sure to unlock the upload speed vs download limitations but heck oh well anyways just happy and costs 1/2 the price. Btw the download speed is just as fast as cable so its a win win situation.

What's your DSL rated speeds? 3/768 seems to be most standard, unless you have FIOS.

I get 6/384, but I don't find that my upload speed really hinders my download speeds at all. I usually max out my downstream at about 800+ kBps even though I only upload at around 30 kBps.

And uncapping the modem is illegal, unless you want internet engineers and threats on your ass. :p With cable modems uncapping is basically impossible, since all of them now support DOCSIS, and the ISP frequently sends info packets telling the modem what speed it should be. No clue about DSL though.

Personally, I have a 768 down dont know what my upload is. But I can max out my connection speed and get more torrents done at once. While my friend has cable 6mbps down and 1mbps up, he can get insane speeds on downloads, but only if he does one torrent at a time. But he can download and play css with a ping of less than 40, i have to stop all dls just to get a 100- ping. :(

cable here is 5mb down, and i THINK 768 up, depending on seeds of course i can get anywhere from 100kbs to 800kbs or more, they are offering 10mb and 15mb as well.
and when anyone u know signs-up for road runner, tell them go through earthlink(charter service) instead of $50month its $30 for 6months then its $40 thereafter, not $50 cause u signed up through earthlink.nothings different its still brighthouse and roadrunner modem thats installed.
ROAD RUNNER PWNS

what torrent client do u use? bit tornado has been extremely Fast and nice GUI.

I've known about the whole earthlink cable access for a while. we're just waiting for FIOS to get wired up in my area. maybe springtime.

As far as torrents go, It's been a while since i've downloaded anything via a torrent program. but it definitely hogged our bandwidth when I had 2 other roommates. we couldn't do much of anything unless I limited the bandwidth it used to upload.

After more testing I am very happy with the duel channel dsl vs cable. Its about 600kb d/l speeds vs my cable 750sh but the upload rate has helped alot on p2p xfers. Also I have picked up better ping times in multiplayer games with the adsl. Anyways I am a happy customer at half the price vs cable. Another thing is I am close to the server loc so maybe my experience is different from others with adsl since distance is a factor.

Back