AS usual ATI is late again

As usual Ati is late again with their motherbaords with AM2 AMD. Its just like ATI to drag their heels yet again. All this is doing is convincing me to go back to Nvidia and Intel. You think AMD now owning ATI will get chipset to support their AM2 amd ATI video cards especially crossfire.

They bought them a couple days ago do you expect them to start working together in minutes? Jeez you guys who think just that amd bought ATi everything instantaneously changes are WRONG.

I heard they cant do much with the merge till the end of the quarter. Then they can have full communication and stuff like that. Might be wrong havnt really read into it much.

regardless of AMD taking over ATI. AM2 sockets should have been released by now. Its already done for Intel's Conroe even though AM2 was out first. Tired of ATI being last to be supported when it comes to motherboards especially Crossfire for AMD cpus.

I didn't expect merger to change anything yet but ATI dropped the ball when it came to AM2 socket. Regardless of the takeover by AMD. Fact Intel Conroe has support for crossfire.

Just ATI left their loyal users in the dust by a late no show and really bungled a good opportunity regardless of takeover to gain market share into AMD market.

I am thinking of just going over to Intel and forget about AMD. Only thing I don't like about intel is the motherboard only support 8x in crossfire mode.

Night_Hawk-19 said:
regardless of AMD taking over ATI. AM2 sockets should have been released by now. Its already done for Intel's Conroe even though AM2 was out first. Tired of ATI being last to be supported when it comes to motherboards especially Crossfire for AMD cpus.

I didn't expect merger to change anything yet but ATI dropped the ball when it came to AM2 socket. Regardless of the takeover by AMD. Fact Intel Conroe has support for crossfire.

Just ATI left their loyal users in the dust by a late no show and really bungled a good opportunity regardless of takeover to gain market share into AMD market.

I am thinking of just going over to Intel and forget about AMD. Only thing I don't like about intel is the motherboard only support 8x in crossfire mode.

I am going to get slammed for this, but oh well..

Just buy a freaking Nvidia video card. And move on with your AM2 AMD stuff. You will be happier with the Nvidia card. And then you quit complaining. :D

^^ Ah... nope. ATi is shimmer free, their in. I'd go Intel if anything like he plans. Nvidia has better drivers but the AF is basically broken IMO. Sucks donkey nuts.

As far as I know the ATI chipset is still the 3200. Therefore, it is not ATI that is late, but motherboard manufacturers. Which in turn makes this thread completely useless.

IBTL in any case

I'm still waiting for an RS690 board...
or I wish someone would take a risk and make a microATX crossfire board, they probably don't because of the dual slot coolers on the x1800 and x1900. Anyway, maybe the boards are late because of SB600.

Just fact its always motherboards that are late when its ATI/AMD boards. I hope with merger things will get fixxed soon. I am not going to hold my breath though.

Had how long to work with SB 600? Nvidia still getting their chipsets right on time. I think Intel launch may have had something to do with it but here is laugh they are only 8x 8x with crossfire. Oh well I guess have to wait and see.

Back