As it seems there will never be a 16:10 with any gaming options I finally ordered a XG321UG to replace the 30" Dells

I would spend an unreasonable amount of money on a 3840x2400 display. Having lived through 4:3 -> 16:10 -> 16:9, 16:10 was an undeniable sweet spot. Small letterboxing on 16:9 video, yet decent amounts of vertical space.

I would spend an unreasonable amount of money on a 3840x2400 display. Having lived through 4:3 -> 16:10 -> 16:9, 16:10 was an undeniable sweet spot. Small letterboxing on 16:9 video, yet decent amounts of vertical space.
I'd just claim some desktop space by autohiding your taskbar. I feel even with scaling 3840x2160 screens tend to have enough desktop space and it's better to add more with external displays.

I do wish there were more non-16:9 options for side monitors though.

Reactions: Ors
like this
I'd just claim some desktop space by autohiding your taskbar. I feel even with scaling 3840x2160 screens tend to have enough desktop space and it's better to add more with external displays.

You don't even need to auto-hide, just move it to one side instead of in the bottom and you actually have more vertical space than on a 16:10 30"-er https://www.displaywars.com/30-inch-16x10-vs-31,5-inch-16x9 I'd understand this if it was a debate on a 24" 16:10 vs 16:9 there it makes a huge difference but 16:10 30" vs 16:9 31.5" is pretty much a drop in replacement on the vertical and you get a little extra on the horizontal so I really don't see the point at this time for the former other than maybe the 1600p vs 2160p debate. I do prefer 2160p there though, you can always scale things up if they are too tiny.

That doesn't sound right. I really hate having the taskbar auto hide or on the side. And I think a 16x10 gives you a bit more heights than that. It's not the end of the world, but I'd still rather have a 30" 16x10. I'm sort of getting used to the 32-in 16x9 but I still notice the missing height and the extra width.

If I measured correctly it and the dual up is to wide for my Ergotron HD arm. I do have an extension somewhere but I can't find it. It was like 150 bucks.

The biggest improvement is HDR and gaming. With the 1400 rating or whatever it is, you can actually tell and it looks pretty good. I have an LG C9 OLED and it's just not bright enough to really tell when you're playing the same games, that HDR is doing much of anything.

Extra resolution is a plus and a minus. It's nice to be able to work with multiple VMs but I need to sit up a number of times every few minutes to be able to read some of the text, sometimes. I guess I need to get some reading glasses.

Yeah, I had to change the DPI scaling to 125%, which just about sizes everything to what I was used to on the Dell 30". I know some apps still don't look great with the Windows DPI scaling but for my usage, it's been fine thus far.

Hi guys. I am thinking of buying the XG321UG.
I have a few questions for the owners:
- Does it have less blooming than pg32uqx?
- The panels are good? or do they have quality control problems than the asus?.
- Is it the same panel as the asus?
-Noise in the gsync module fan?
I think it's worth it, because it's $500 less than the asus.

Thanks for the help

Hi guys. I am thinking of buying the XG321UG.
I have a few questions for the owners:
- Does it have less blooming than pg32uqx?
- The panels are good? or do they have quality control problems than the asus?.
- Is it the same panel as the asus?
-Noise in the gsync module fan?
I think it's worth it, because it's $500 less than the asus.

Thanks for the help

I have both the PG32UQX and the XG321UG.
- The XG has less blooming.
- No dead pixels, dirt, or excessive backlight bleed on my XG. White uniformity is a bit better on my PG. This can vary from unit to unit, of course.
- No fan noise whatsoever on the XG. I don't think it has a fan. I don't know how they achieved this - maybe a huge heatsink? This is a major advantage for the XG over the PG which makes annoying fan noise.
- I think the SRGB calibration is better on my PG. The reds look a bit off on my XG, and the colors look slightly washed out. Nothing major, but still noticeable - I prefer the colors on my PG.

It's absolutely ridiculous that there's basically zero consumer choice when it comes to displays.

Cell phones ruined everything. No one cares about computer displays anymore.

We should be at the point where you can literally select the exact screen size and aspect ratio you want and have an OLED screen printed for you, but nope, there are fewer choices now than there were 15 years ago.

I have the XG321UG as well. I am enjoying it a lot. I did have the PG32UQX just prior. I was not able to do a side to side comparison but overall echo what Bigmonitorguy said above. Some points:
(1) XG has a cleaner look to it with that stand as opposed to the PG gamer look. However, PG had the mini-OLED FPS counter display which I found “cool” but not a necessity. Would rather the cost go down.
(2) fan is INAUDIBLE. I read on Amazon it does have one (by another consumer) but you essentially cannot hear it. Agree a HUGE positive over any other G-sync ultimate monitor.
(3) blooming is still there, but maybe a little less than PG. Blooming is an unfortunate companion w/ all mini-LEDs. Mostly it’s noticeable on productivity desktop use with mini-LED local dimming enabled but I turn this off and the contrast w/o is still quite good that I would only turn on LD for media consumption anyways.
(4) Viewsonic QC is significantly better than Asus. No issues at all with my panel. Backlight bleed is mild w/o LD. Although I did not have issues with the PG (I got a later sample).
(5) Color gamut does appear “muted” c/w PG but I think that is just due to default settings. When I play in HDR I compared it side by side with my x27 and it has better color volume and gamut. There is a review out there showing XG actually has larger gamut than the PG and QD-OLED AW.
(5) $400-500 cheaper. Still quite expensive for most though, no getting around that.

You also may wish to wait for the Acer Predator x32 FP to come out. This apparently uses the “new” Am-LED AUO mini-LED. I am not sure what gains that brings but maybe wait for reviews.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys. Thanks for the answers. Errok23 Bigmonitorguy
I want the monitor for the true HDR. I always read that HDR of 1000 or more makes games AMAZING.
$2500 is a lot of money (and 2900 for the asus is worse), but I can afford it and I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger!!

Hi guys. Thanks for the answers. Errok23 Bigmonitorguy
I want the monitor for the true HDR. I always read that HDR of 1000 or more makes games AMAZING.
$2500 is a lot of money (and 2900 for the asus is worse), but I can afford it and I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger!!
HDR does indeed look amazing on these monitors - HDR videos and games.

In a german forum they put this link () of the xg321ug fan noise. The fan is so loud?

Can you upload some photos of the monitor? Thank you

Back