Aruba 2930M MTU size issues

Smoblikat

Limp Gawd
Hello, I am configuring my switches and "router" to accept jumbo frames (frame size is set to 1600, IP-MTU is 1582) but they dont seem to be applying the settings, I was wondering if I am missing any steps here?

https://techhub.hpe.com/eginfolib/n...18/5998-8162_wb_2920_mcg/content/ch05s05.html

I followed that documentation, and the VLANs show that Jumbo is enabled, and the global config lists the appropriate frame sizes, yet running:
ping <ip of somthing on the same VLAN> -f -l 1600 results in the message:
Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set.

Setting the frame size of the ping to 1472 (the default 1500 minus 28, even though im pretty sure it should only be minus 18....) works fine, which is how it was working before I changed the config. Anyone know how to get the arubas to allow me to transmit jumbo frames? The doc specifically says a reboot is NOT needed, and I really dont want to reboot the entire site if I dont have to, hopefully someone else has suggestions.

Thanks!
Smoblikat

Enabling jumbo frames on the driver level of my windows test machine to 2kb MTU lets me send pings with a frame size of 1552, which is definitely more than the 1472 I was using before, but I have no idea where this 1552 number is coming from.......

Back