Artifacts when cold?

Bling

Gawd
I just bought a 6800 gt. I hooked it into my koolance and it keeps the card at 40 idle and 47 load.however when i play Bfv for a long time my card shows artifacts. i cannot figure out why as i have not overclocked it and the driver utility reads only 47c .i then noticed that the temperature labled ambient temperature was reading in the low 50s. is this bad? it reads about 35 when its idle.
The card is not damaged or shorting at all because i just bought and attached the koolance block today and i was extra careful because i hosed my last card doing the same. what do i do to stop this?

which waterblock are you using? cause one waterblock which alot of stores were selling as GPU waterblocks, which there not there northbridge waterblocks, sold cheap ass 30 w design blocks. if you have the good one, did you apply enough thermal paste?

the block i am using is the newest koolance gpu/nb block with the swiveling nozles. i applied htermalpaste the same way i applied it on the cpu. One dot in the center .im prettty sure ive done it right because the gpu core temp never exceeds 50 under load. is there a ceiling for the ambient temp? i felt the air around the card and i guessed thats what ambient means. anyway, the air was not 50 degrees celsius. it barely felt warm. since the gpu temp stay low do you think the card itself is to blame? it was never used with the stock cooler ANd i left the stock memory ram sinks on the card. do you think since i took the fan off the gpu that the stock ramsinks are not functioning correctly? i thought that they were fiarly large so that theyd be better than using some OCZ bga ram sinks.I felt them and they didnt seem too hot though.

try putting a PCI fan as close to that as you can, to get some airflow threw the ramsink, and ive seen uneven waterblocks, which is why i do not use that method for my waterblocks, i usually dab it and spread it around with the tube head, but yeah i would think it would be the ramsinks, since artifacting is usually a ram problem

I think i may have solved the problem. i found that my mobo undervolts a littlebit. i guessed htat the card might not have been getting enough voltage. i upped the voltage to 1.7 volts on the agp and i have yet to see the problem again. however i never saw the artifacting much unless my card was under stress. now the problem is lagging in games. in bfv poe the game lags really really bad when there is alot of activity. im not sure but i beleive that the 6800gt is a powerful card nd it should handle this with relative ease.

lmao. I round out that when i manualy increased the voltage my board set my cpu opperating frequency to 800 mhz. that why it was stuttering.

Back