Artifacts? Whats Going On Here?

sgi02

Limp Gawd
I was playing Painkiller today and everything was great. I made it to the snow covered bridge level and a good majority of textures had this rainbow effect to them. I took a couple screen shots below.

PK.jpg

One from FarCry too...

FC.jpg

I havent had my card overclocked since Quakecon ( Default speeds are 425 , 1200 ) CPU can run prime all day and night. Im using the 66.00 Beta drivers. Fastwrites are off , my power connections are tight , I reset my bios to all of the default settings and still the artifacts remain.

I have noticed in the last month or so while playing games sometimes I will just get a tiny blip accross my screen. Its hard to describe. You know when your watching a video on a VCR and the tape is damaged and you will get like a static line through the screen? Thats whats been happening to mine too but only for a split second.

I dont know if you all have seen anything like this before or mabye have some suggestions for me. Im thinking I might have to RMA the card :( . Specs are in my sig , Thanks in advance for the help.

LOL , Well mabye im just losing my mind

PK.jpg

Like where the green is on the bottom and the purple and greenish hue are running up the side of the bridge? Mabye ive just never noticed before but I can swear that the beach in FarCry never looked like that. Hopefully im not having some kind of flashback from my glory days :eek:

Im playing on a 2001 FP LCD via DVI if that makes any difference. Thanks

Could anyone possibly take a screenshot from that spot in Research in FarCry to compare? Thanks :D

Uhm what are we looking for again? Could you please circle it...

Edit: Oh ok beat me to it. Well I really didnt notice that and I still really dont get it.

Oh now that you pointed it out its clear. You should deffinately RMA that card asap In fact your whole rig is probly defective.. Or it could just be you have eagle eyes.

dude...the fact that you even NOTICED that is sad....i didnt see ANYTHING until you circled it...it could just be a driver glitch SO SLIGHT that they havent fixed it yet cause noone cares.....get a life man....

Thank you Chickenmon and xTroll666x. I got a good laugh out of your posts :cool: . I guess maybe im just too attentive to detail ( Or obsessive compulsive :eek: ) Thanks for the help everyone ;)

Could someone please post a pic of that spot in FarCry just so I can sleep better tonight?

Ill give you as many G-Mail accounts as you want heheh :cool:

sgi02 said:
Could someone please post a pic of that spot in FarCry just so I can sleep better tonight?

lol, i already have a gmail, but here:

FC.jpg

There's just some areas with a light green tinge to them...

Take a look at the picture again with out the circles, but look in the vincinity i circled... it's VERY slight...

xSyzygy666x said:
dude...the fact that you even NOTICED that is sad....i didnt see ANYTHING until you circled it...it could just be a driver glitch SO SLIGHT that they havent fixed it yet cause noone cares.....get a life man....

It's a completely legit complaint so take it easy.

I see what you're talking about but have no idea what would cause it. Strange... I haven't ever seen anything like that before.

wow, i am impressed beyond belief with your eagle eyes :eek:
did you notice that while playing the game at a normal speed, cause i cant see anything wrong after staring at the screens for 5 minutes... :confused:

hahahaha this is the gayest thread evar! those are just normal texture discolorations when the textures blend, like in 2D mode in windows, when you run 8 bit color and the colors dont blend

Here is a better example

Shot0000.jpg

Look at the pink on the main floor and the colors on the walls are rather odd.

sgi02 said:

Hey, private message me. I want that G-Mail account! :D

ahh okay i guess it wasnt just you :p.
make sure your card isnt overheating: ie fan is spinning and it can get through a few loops of `your favorite 3d benchmark`

edit: wow i thought you were talking about that weird ghost thing.

i would almost guarantee you those colors are normal parts of the games texture/lighting.

How do you possibly survive to make it through a fps when you're scrutinizing the scenery like that...I don't see anything out of order in any of those screenies. :confused:

sgi02 said:
Here is a better example

Shot0000.jpg

Look at the pink on the main floor and the colors on the walls are rather odd.

I dont think that is normal :confused:

ummm isn't the memory on ur ultra suppose to be 1.1ghz stock? u have it at 1.2..

it could just be the card itself rendering the scene incorrectly. the 6800 cards had a problem with farcry and rendering before the 1.1 patch for farcry. i bet theyll have this fixed in the next patch when it comes out after half life 2 ;)

aZn_plyR said:
ummm isn't the memory on ur ultra suppose to be 1.1ghz stock? u have it at 1.2..

no...1200mhz is right for an ultra...i think it has something to do with his flat screen..maybe its having trouble displaying certain colors or as Sanitarium said..a color setting....but hey..if your REALLY that bugged by it i can always trade you my gainward 5600........it displays ALL colors properly and not a single error with it....id be willing to tolerate that little error.... :D........but honestly...if that bugs you try a differnet driver...and make sure its set to 32bit color......and if all else fails..stop complaining becuase your card is bout 40000x better than mine :D

I don't see anything wrong even after you circled it either. Looks fine. There is no pink on my screen in your screenshot and i'm not colour blind at all.

Back