Artifacts on Dungeon Siege LOA using Sapphire Radeon x800xtPE

kuyawil

n00b
Before, I used an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (with Catalyst 5.2 suite) and had no problems with artifacts on this game. Now that I'm using the Sapphire Radeon x800xtPE, I'm getting major artifacts especially in the surrounding area around my character's feet. I removed all ATI related drivers and software and used the Driver Cleaner utility to make sure everything that was ATI was removed completely from the system. Currently, I'm using the Catalyst 5.2 suite and with my other games (RS3, Splinter Cell, CoD, Vietcong), I have no problems. I've even reinstalled DS LOA and still have the artifacts. Any thoughts anyone?

Dungeon Siege is fun, lay off.

Do you have the latest version of the game?
Is your X800 overclocked or flashed?

Golden_Salmon said:
I think the real question here is: Why are you playing Dungeon Siege?!

Even with all the FPS games out there, DS LOA is still a game that I occasionally enjoy playing and I do have fun. And after spending almost half a grand for a video card, I shouldn't be having this kind of problem especially since it's an older game. Don't you think?

Haha, I was just joking around, but honestly, I played the game all the way though and the only thing worse than the 'ending' was all the time I had to put in to get there.

TheGamerZ said:
Dungeon Siege is fun, lay off.

Do you have the latest version of the game?
Is your X800 overclocked or flashed?

Thanks TheGamerZ... The game is FUN! To answer your questions, I do believe that I have the latest version of the game. I'll verify that when I get home tonight. And for my card, my XTPE is not overclocked.

it is probably a bug with the game and ur card....I have to same thing with counter strike source..artifacts only when I use the deagle on de_dust's maps

spydermonkey said:
you said you have used 5.2 on both cards, have you tried an older set of drivers?

No, I haven't tried an older set of drivers. I'll give it a try and keep you all updated. Thanks for your feedback...

Update the game with Latest patches. Also use the ATI tool application and see if you get artifacts in them too.

Back