Artifacting in FarCry... confused...

Steamed Turtle

Weaksauce
Well, I just got FarCry (yeah, yeah, I know, it took me a while) So I installed it and went straight into the game where the whole thing is an artifact. It's just blue and artifact-like. Yes, I'm overclocked but NO other game has ANY issues, not Doom 3, Madden NFL 2005, UT2004... Aquamark 3, 3dmark 01, 03 and 04(or is it 05?) Anyways, no other issues anywhere else. I still get this huge artifact thing though. I'm guessing it's something in my setting but I can't figure it out. Help please!

Never had any problems with anything except Doom3 with an overclocked 9800XT, so in my experience it can trick you like that. What are you OCing?

EPoX 8RDA3+ Rev. 3
Athlon XP-M 2500 @ 2.49 or something, TEMPS ARE FINE
BFG TECH 5900 @ (451,951), TEMPS HERE ARE ALSO FINE
PC3200, Mushkin, 2x512, 2-2-2-6

No, haven't patched FarCry, running latest Nvidia drivers... I'll try patching it now.

then again, farcry does tend to cause the video card temp to go up considerably more than the others games

yeah my patched far cry "treehouse" forrest level flashes with missing textures like crazy , might go back to 1.1 patch and see what happens

Steamed Turtle said:
My temps DO NOT seem to be a problem.

Have you considered reducing the memory speed of you vid card? That usually is the number one cause of artifacts with any overclocked vid card, especially in Far Cry.

Just try it, and try core speed if that doesnt work.

BTW: You have to reinstall Far Cry to go back to the earlier patch level. It sucks about that.

I'm slowly downloading the 1.1 patch (I was at 1.0) I'll install it and set my video card to default speeds. When I set em to default speeds before, I still got the artifacts. Let's hope this patch solves the problem.

Steamed Turtle said:
I'm slowly downloading the 1.1 patch (I was at 1.0) I'll install it and set my video card to default speeds. When I set em to default speeds before, I still got the artifacts. Let's hope this patch solves the problem.

I had similar prob with Doom3. Once I OCed the Vid Card and it started artifacting on me. Returning to stock speed alone didn't rid me of the prob. Only returning to stock then rebooting would clear up the artifacts

same here - tried lowering OC then voltage mod , then realised it was the torch creating artifacts so put patch 1.1 on and bingo

how can i turn on sm3 in patch 1.1 ?

Back