Artifacting card, time to replace

Niksa

Limp Gawd
The Problem:
I make cutscenes for video games, and during my last cutscene, well... I sort of overloaded the scene. I figured if it got bad, it would just crash my program but nope. My card seems to have lost the ability to render textures properly, and has a serious problem with mesh and model renders. This is an extreme problem, clearly, since I need to finish my projects. and I do this every day of the week. I am not 100% sure that it's the video card because I don't have a spare card to swap it out with. But I believe it's the card and am willing to buy a new one since it's been 18 months since I bought this one.

Need:
I need a card that is at least as good as the one I have now, that can handle large rendered scenes with texture in a high detail setting. I know that's vague in terms of specs. Just as good as my current card or better is my goal.
Needs to last at least a year.
Direct 10.1 minimum required, but Direct 11 would be nice if possible.

Budget:
up to $250.
***If there is little difference between a $150 and $250 model, I want the $150 model. A 5% difference isn't worth $100 to me.

Current card:
SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP

Current PC:
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB
ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
ASUS VK266H Black 25.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor
Windows 7, 64bit

Other:
In Washington, DC. Newegg, amazon etc is fine. I need it ASAP.
Don't care if it's ATI or nVidia. Just want a card that does what I need.

I am looking on Newegg now, and I have a few in mind, but I always love to hear what you all have to say. :cool:

Thanks guys!

Back