Artic Cooling Accelero Hybrid GPU all-in-one WC - $99.99 shipped

At $100 bucks it starts to seem reasonable considering the Antec 620 mods. At ~40% off it's a nice price for sure, thanks for the share.

Seems like a big discount. How are the reviews? (I'm on my phone)

Its the same thing but fits more cards, comes with component cooling, and a shroud.

I don't see why it would be any louder than the Antec 620 or 920 or the Corsair H70. Its the same pump afaik. I know that at the right speed that the fans that this comes with are quiet.

I already have an H100 stuffed into my Antec Twelve Hundred case, I can only imagine two of these coolers in it as well cooling two 7950's (I don't mean the exact model in OP.... 7950 version)....lol.

Wow, I'm sure they cool great but where would you put two? :(

I already have an H100 stuffed into my Antec Twelve Hundred case, I can only imagine two of these coolers in it as well cooling two 7950's (I don't mean the exact model in OP.... 7950 version)....lol.

Wow, I'm sure they cool great but where would you put two? :(

I doubt that you need all of those drive bays. You could get a couple of rad brackets from un-designs and mount them in the front.

Are coolers like these still useful with today's GPU's shipping with such massive heatsinks? Several years ago, I'd make sure every GPU I had got some sort of aftermarket cooler. But this was back in the single-slot GPU days.

The past several GPU's i've had came with a heatsink that allowed for reasonable noise levels, temps, decent OCing, and the ability to adjust the voltage as high as software would allow. So... outside of bios or hard voltage mods, do these really do enough to warrant the price tag like they used to?

Are coolers like these still useful with today's GPU's shipping with such massive heatsinks? Several years ago, I'd make sure every GPU I had got some sort of aftermarket cooler. But this was back in the single-slot GPU days.

Comes down to personal tolerance for noise, and I cant tolerate a gtx580/680 running fan full blast to maintain 65-70C under full load.

Ive been running Antec620 mod on my 580's and now 680's for the past year, there's no going back to air. Even fully overclocked they never exceeded about 50-55C under full load with 100% utilization in BF3, and dead silent at that.

If I didn't already have these antec620's on my cards I'd absolutely buy this Arctic prefab unit for $100. But not for full $170, cheaper in that case to buy antec620 brackets from dwood at OCN for a few bucks and grab a 620 on sale for 40-55

I doubt that you need all of those drive bays. You could get a couple of rad brackets from un-designs and mount them in the front.

Wait, you're telling me one of these will squeeze into here?

G0Wtr.jpg

Damn, I'd love to pick one of these up, but I swore I wouldn't blow anymore money until after Christmas. Great deal though.

There's 2 issues the Antec 620s.

A) Some of them are misaligned internally and make a ticking noise on the pump. This can be resolved by adding a small magnet on top and taping it down.
B) If your pump is physically higher than your radiator in your loop, you will get bubble gurgle noises.

Antec leaves a lil air pocket in the loop, while Corsair does not.

If anyone wants to go the Antec 620 route, you need to check out www.triptcc.com for a mounting bracket - not that there's anything wrong with zip ties...

If anyone wants to go the Antec 620 route, you need to check out www.triptcc.com for a mounting bracket - not that there's anything wrong with zip ties...

This is awesome! makes me want to buy a cheap antec or corsair cooler and strap it on my GTX 670 lol. Although I dont think it can clock any higher.

Ive been running Antec620 mod on my 580's and now 680's for the past year, there's no going back to air. Even fully overclocked they never exceeded about 50-55C under full load with 100% utilization in BF3, and dead silent at that.

I agree 100%. Using two AIOs (one for gpu and one for cpu) with some Noctua Fans, I have managed to make my high powered rig dead silent.

Here is my post from a few months back about the mod.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1702665

Only thing I would be worried about with the accelero is how loud the fan is that blows on the PCB. Since this fan will be unchangeable you are stuck with what you get.

I agree 100%. Using two AIOs (one for gpu and one for cpu) with some Noctua Fans, I have managed to make my high powered rig dead silent.

Here is my post from a few months back about the mod.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1702665

Only thing I would be worried about with the accelero is how loud the fan is that blows on the PCB. Since this fan will be unchangeable you are stuck with what you get.

I'm wondering if the 620 mod would work in a xfire system where the cards are side by side (i.e., the card width can't be more than 2 slots).

I'm wondering if the 620 mod would work in a xfire system where the cards are side by side (i.e., the card width can't be more than 2 slots).

Yeah i've seen it done. The way ive seen it done was to put heatsinks on the VRM and put a single fan blowing on both cards. This should give you plenty of room for crossfire.

The pic is buried in that OCN post in my thread if you care to dig for it.

Back