Ars got ahold of the OnePlus 10t

DWolvin

2[H]4U
First review I've seen on the 10t, surprised me as it wasn't on my radar at all. 3 major updates / 4 years of support, Snapdragon 8+ w/ 8Gb ram, no wireless charging. Flat screen but it lost the alert slider. Overall, almost as good looking as the 6t at launch. Can't wait to see the impressions after a couple of months!

Oof- I missed that it's got a problem blocking background app notifications. That's pretty much a deal breaker. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

I understand the annoyance with the alert slider, but I have to admit I don't use it. I wonder how many people care about that or wireless charging. I mean, if I can charge overnight and make it through the day wireless is just extra expense.

My last OnePlus was the 5T. It was great, but I switched to Pixels for Android. I never cared about wireless charging, either. Battery life has gotten good enough to get me through a full day. Recharge overnight and I'm good for the next day.

First review I've seen on the 10t, surprised me as it wasn't on my radar at all. 3 major updates / 4 years of support, Snapdragon 8+ w/ 8Gb ram, no wireless charging. Flat screen but it lost the alert slider. Overall, almost as good looking as the 6t at launch. Can't wait to see the impressions after a couple of months!

Oof- I missed that it's got a problem blocking background app notifications. That's pretty much a deal breaker. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

Don’t count on OnePlus to fix anything in a timely manner. They are slowly turning into a low tier phone maker:

That sucks, but now I've got the Zenfone 9 to wait for reviews on :ROFLMAO:

I don't know why they keep adding those trash cameras. Only the main camera is usable. Ultrawide would benefit from >8MP sensor. That macro camera... Is the year 2006?

That white ring looks annoying!
I wish they would bring back the pop up selfie cam. A true full screen is amazing!

the alert slider is one of the main features i use multiple times a day. it's disappointing that they are likely going to discontinue it :(

the alert slider is one of the main features i use multiple times a day. it's disappointing that they are likely going to discontinue it :(
Yup, this along with the change in OS means I will probably not be on OnePlus next go around. Sad because my 5T and my 8 were/are solid phones.

Yup, this along with the change in OS means I will probably not be on OnePlus next go around. Sad because my 5T and my 8 were/are solid phones.
Yeah it really is disappointing. I had the 1, 3, 6, and currently using the 9... and I have been really disappointed with the 9 in that the OS just seems to be a buggy mess. I'll keep using it for another year or so then I will have to start figuring out which brand to move over to.

One Plus is dead. They are basically a clone of OPPO Parent company now. Oxygen OS is dead.

Back