Arrests for Half-Life code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffg007

n00b
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,116483,00.asp

The best part of story. Dumb asses at Valve

"Newell said at the time that the source code was stolen in September by hackers who systematically compromised the company's computer systems by exploiting a vulnerability in Microsoft's Outlook e-mail client on Newell's computer, installing key stroke capture software to acquire passwords and other security credentials, then stealing a copy of the Half-Life 2 source code"

This just show how dumb they are for useing outlook in the first place.

Jeff

"hey, i use outlook, what is wrong with it?"

Let see the most hack E-mail client ever used, enough said!

Jeff

I swear I've had this conversation before... back in September. :rolleyes:

After playing with the program a bit I have noticed a couple of big things. It doesn't support half of anything in Outlook. No meetings/appointments I can't group my inbox to group per sender (i.e. if I have 30 emails from Mr. Smith I can't make it show 1 line with his name and click to expand it I actually have to create folders and direct his email there) and quite a few other things. I am sure it's great for simple mail retrieval, but it won't do the job in the office. :)

flav3rsav3r said:
After playing with the program a bit I have noticed a couple of big things. It doesn't support half of anything in Outlook. No meetings/appointments I can't group my inbox to group per sender (i.e. if I have 30 emails from Mr. Smith I can't make it show 1 line with his name and click to expand it I actually have to create folders and direct his email there) and quite a few other things. I am sure it's great for simple mail retrieval, but it won't do the job in the office. :)
Please explain how you do that show 1 line with name and click to expand it thingy. Thanks :)

@myself

Edit: Using IMAP to Outlook you actually do get some extra functionality that previously had stated you don't get. I still don't see the Calender though, although I did get my contacts going.

@Defc0n 6

Right click in the pane where your messages are. You will get a customize current view option, select that and then select other settings. Add a grid.

Then go back to your initial right click and do a "group by" change the field to "name". Then it will group all your emails by the sender and will show only one sender, then you can expand and view all the emails.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back