Arozzi Vernazza Gaming Chair Unboxing & Assembly @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Arozzi Vernazza Gaming Chair Unboxing & Assembly - We continue on in our hunt for the perfect Gaming Chair given how much interest we got from readers last time! This time we are unboxing and showing the full assembly process of the Arozzi Vernazza Gaming Chair supplied to us by Champ Chairs. We will use it for a month and then report back to you with the full review.

Good video, thought for sure it was going to get ugly after that bolt was threaded weirdly. But it bounced back nicely. Truth be told, besides the fancy head pillow and adjustable arm rests, the chair didn't look anymore high end than my walmart special office chair. Curious to see how it holds up come review time.

I was a bit surprised when I saw the video was 28 minutes long - it's oddly relaxing watching a middle aged guy with a red stripe in his hair put together a chair.

Your hair looks utterly fantastic :D

Yeah, he looks like he belongs in a 80s era Goth Industrial band. He's going to have to beat the female metal groupies away with a stick at the next concert he goes to.

Thanks for the great chair review Kyle. Although $400 is a bit much for a chair. I bought a new chair last summer for $180 and I'm pretty happy with it.

I dare you to go to the grocery store with that hair!! LOL

Nice review Kyle, your video is also just totally relaxing to watch!

The hair suits you! I noticed it was also the "corporate" colour!

Take it easy.

is the cushion hard or soft? I bought a gaming chair cushion pretty hard not sure if i like it.

Thanks for taking the time to record the assembly process. I'm a fan of mesh seats and back as mesh allows my butt to breath and also molds better to my body. It'll be interesting to view your experience after a month worth of use to see if you get the 'sweat pool' effect.

One screw off-kilter isn't a make or break deal for me yet it is a possible indicator of 'rushed manufacturing' which I do not like. The headrest elastic retainer seems a little cheesy for a chair that costs that much though I do like the shape and it does appear to be comfortable.

One thing I noticed about the chair is it seems the seat is moved forward from the center of the base more than many other chairs I've sat in or have viewed pictures of. Makes sense to me since many people will lean back and having the chair off center allows for extra additional support to keep the user from tipping over backwards.

Yeah, he looks like he belongs in a 80s era Goth Industrial band. He's going to have to beat the female metal groupies away with a stick at the next concert he goes to.
Well, last week I was at Rock on the Range in Columbus, Ohio and saw about 30 bands, saw Everclear Wednesday night, and am seeing Toby Keith on Saturday....so far, no groupies. ;)

is the cushion hard or soft? I bought a gaming chair cushion pretty hard not sure if i like it.
Soft.

The headrest elastic retainer seems a little cheesy for a chair that costs that much though I do like the shape and it does appear to be comfortable.
I thought the same thing looking at it, but it actually feels really good. Not sure how that elastic will hold up though.

$400, so it has those fake plastic leather that break after a few years?

Good timing, I need to replace my chair because ...... drum roll please......the fake leather is cracked and flaking all over my wood floors which is a nuisance I no longer care to endure.

Timing is everything.

$400, so it has those fake plastic leather that break after a few years?
I would guess it is like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. I would suggest that all "fake leather" is NOT the same.

Not being a smartass at all, it was really nice seeing someone assemble/build something that has some knowledge on shit, when I heard "flat washer" and "galled" I was instantly happy. Most of these unboxing types on Youtube don't know what end of the pokey bit to put in the pokey bit receptacle.

Please more videos for HardOCP youtube channel. Nice [H]air!!!

+1 Best Ever Dad points on the hair. Also, it now matches the site colors!

Looked like a bit rougher assembly than my DX Racer but otherwise fairly similar for a similar price. Only issue I had was the gas cylinder going bad after over a year and moving from Austin to Redmond, WA with 3+ months in storage. Was able to replace it with a bit of work with a hammer to remove the old one, so not bad for a move.

I had a dx racer model similar to this chair, the "wings" on the bottom cushion made it uncomfortable for me after about an hour in the chair. I ended up returning it and picking up their sentinel model.

I love how you subconsciously show your disdain for making video's by flipping the camera off multiple times (4.38) :D

Oh and your daughter will love this vid for years to come.

I was not expecting the Eminem Criminal reference at the end there. Has that been in all of your videos? :D

As a lifelong computer nerd... it's always a challenge finding a good chair. Even to this day I haven't found the perfect one. Currently using the ikea Markus, it's not a gaming chair by any means but high back is important to me so I can rest my head when kicked back.

In my experience the super comfy ones always crap out after a year on the seat or headrest due to the shitty bonded leather. Even the ones that cost a few hundred dollars have had this issue.

I got this chair from Massdrop with free shipping for 280. Feels great and it's big for a big person. If you can find it in another drop I would say get it. Is it worth 400$? I don't think so, but at that price it's definitely worth.

Nice review, looks like a nice chair, and much respect for taking one for the team to help your daughter out. Not alot would be a test bunny like that.

Good timing, I need to replace my chair because ...... drum roll please......the fake leather is cracked and flaking all over my wood floors which is a nuisance I no longer care to endure.

Timing is everything.

I've learned with four cats in the house fake leather anything is no longer advisable. The cats will give it a makeover more to their liking, e.g. entrails spilling out from all corners. I have no idea why they like fake leather so much, they leave real leather alone. Mesh chairs it is and I actually like the look more.

I've learned with four cats in the house fake leather anything is no longer advisable. The cats will give it a makeover more to their liking, e.g. entrails spilling out from all corners. I have no idea why they like fake leather so much, they leave real leather alone. Mesh chairs it is and I actually like the look more.

Well, it's my fake leather chair that's falling apart, I think a mesh is probably the way to go as well. But there are some really nice mesh chairs available for far less that $900 which I think was the price range of one of the mesh gaming chair being reviewed here. Staples carries a decent one if I remember correctly.

Well, it's my fake leather chair that's falling apart, I think a mesh is probably the way to go as well. But there are some really nice mesh chairs available for far less that $900 which I think was the price range of one of the mesh gaming chair being reviewed here. Staples carries a decent one if I remember correctly.

Thanks, I'll have to check them out.

Your kid is 15? Damn we're all getting old...

So what's it like for her being an heir to the [H] kingdom? Is she in trouble if any boys she brings home are console gamers? ;)

She would know much better than to bring a filthy peasant in to the [H] kingdom

Nice vid Kyle, really enjoy these.

I just took delivery on a Clutch Shift B series chair yesterday. The build process is virtually identical. Based on what I saw in your video the chairs seem to be very, very similar, right down to the packaging hehe... The one major difference looks to be the base, the Clutch has a very sturdy aluminum one that I have zero concerns about from a strength perspective. Other than that, and some differences in the pillows my black & red Clutch Shift looks like a long lost sibling to the Arozzi Vernazza.

My initial thoughts are I'm extremely happy with my Clutch. I'm just over 6' and a fairly athletic build weighing 200lbs (I say fairly athletic because I'm 48 hehe...). Like you I herniated my L4 L5 a couple years ago. Since then I've been through rehab etc... and recently started experiencing pains in that region again that were very much like what I had leading up to my issues before. My leather office chair seemed good until I sat in my new one yesterday. The extra support is awesome, the locking tilt a godsend and the ability to adjust the angle of the backrest is great. I gamed in it for over 6 hours last night and went to bed with zero pain in my lower back, can't remember the last time I was able to do that!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your review in a month.

Cheers

Last edited:
I chose the all black. I hate how gaming chairs have gaudy color schemes.

Next we need a review of one of these:

FB_IMG_1496619001710.jpg

Back