Arozzi Vernazza Gaming Chair Review @ [H]

The seat is flaking on my dx racer. I should just splurge and get a Steelcase or something.

You don't have to get higher end chairs like the Steelcase new. There are a ton of office furniture stores selling them in all conditions, with good pricing. Lots of businesses put these higher end chairs in their offices, then go bust and liquidate their stuff to these stores. You can save hundreds over new.
Don't settle for these crappy "gaming"chairs. They are little better than the chairs you see at staples.
The Vertagear is a nice high end chair though, but it's a lot of dough and not even in the same ballpark compared to the Arozzi.

As for a chairs castors: the ones that come with most chairs are always crap and wont last long. I recommend a trip to your specialty hardware store, or maybe a site that sells better quality castors like http://www.coolcasters.com
I put some solid rubber, full roller bearing castors on my chairs and they have been rolling like new for years, silent and smooth. Whatever you buy, put some decent quiet castors on it, it's a game changer.

Having done 3 discs in my back a couple of years ago I went looking around looking at chairs (I work from home).

I eventually bought a Noble Chair from overclockers.co.uk, I think it's great and would be worth you reviewing.

If anyone in North Texas wants to come by and pick up this Arozzi Vernazza chair, I will meet you down at my storage facility in Lucas, TX (75002) and give it to you. Surely you can tweak it to make it perfectly functional.

Definitely worth considering, DX is still more my budget though...

Things that caught my eye...

Every. Occasion...

They have a cheaper Pleather version if anyone is interested...

I built my own chair before using a car bucket seat. You'll fall if you decide to lean it back 180 degree. The seat will need to be much further forward, which it'll then topple forward if you sit in it. That or when you lean back, you raise your legs too and plank on your chair.

I finally gave up on finding a good chair for my computer room/gaming rig and took a CAPTAIN'S CHAIR out of my 2000 Town & Country van, placed it on a 4 wheel dolly with real-by-God rubber castors and I LOVE IT.

And I feel like Capt. Kirk.

For people who like DXracers chairs Massdrop has just added the DXRacer Iron Series Chair for $399...

The fact that they didn't contact you back is a fail on their part.

If they give you a response can you post it? I'd like to know if my chair is going to become a pile of trash and how they will respond.

Shout out to Kyle for hooking me up with this review model after he was done with it. He pointed out the shortcomings and gave some suggestions on getting it back into good form.

I have a set of these coming tomorrow for the Arozzi chair:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CTIG4GE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

a set of rubberized casters designed for laminate/hardwood floors. Did some reading on this particular set and while a bit more expensive than others, one added benefit is that they seem to raise the chair up about 1/2" from what people are saying. This should kill two birds with one stone and solve all the issues of the gas cylinder scraping the floor.

Kyle was right though it's one hella comfy chair, I'm confident that these custom casters will fix it up. Bonus is I can get rid of my annoying chair mat in the computer room.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Got mail back from Champ Chairs this morning. Apparently they have a reading comprehension issue.

"Thanks for the follow up review. Sorry, I was a bit confused. I thought you stated your casters weren't broken? Also reading your review it appears your gas lift is broke is this correct? If so let me know and we can a replacement for the faulty lift."

Damn...I have had a similar issue with the gas lift "migrating" toward the floor, but that was on a cheapo Office Depot chair. For $400 I would not expect this kind of issue, nor the horribly cheap-quality casters.

I was at the Plano Fry's yesterday, and they had an Arozzi chair--not sure if it was the Vernazza or not--that looked like the gas cylinder was about to fail the same way; it was floating just a couple of millimeters above the carpet.

I spend $2 every couple of years on used chairs at thrift stores or yard/garage sales. I won't buy anything that is broken unless it's a problem with the cylinder. Pipe clamp fixes that problem right quick. (Seriously how often do you change altitude if you're the only one using it?)

Anyway, after having used a crap ton of chairs at customer's homes and on my own I've found the old office chairs made out of steel from the 70's tend to be the best. They don't break. They're comfy as all hell. It's fun to name ugly chairs antiquated names of yesteryear. (My current chair is named Greta)

That all being said, I took a look at this chair at my local Fry's Electronics. It's terrible. I'm not sure why you gave it any time Kyle. A chair shouldn't wobble if it costs over $100.

One other thing I'd like to say is that racing style chairs may be all the rage but if they want ultimate comfort based on a car they really should look into the Toranado. My buddy had one of those back in highschool and that was the most comfortable seat I've experienced in or out of a car.

Just a bit of an update on the chair - I got some upgraded casters on it, these puppies right here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CTIG4GE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it basically killed three birds with one stone - no more wobbly off center caster drag, it raised the entire chair about 1/4" higher, thus eliminating the low dragging cylinder when you are sitting in the chair, and bonus is the fact I can now roll around on my wood floors without having to worry about scratching/marring with these clear rubberized wheels.

Pics of new wheels (click for high res)

lol that's funny, those are just roller speed skate wheels so you should never have a problem replacing them or if you ever wanted to get different color wheels. nice fix though.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking at the Champ Chairs website you mentioned, I would have chosen a chair from the DXRacer Big Boss Series. But whatever. (Written while sitting in a $400 OFM 810LX chair).

I sat in the boss and owned the classic (which is just a smaller version of the boss) for a few weeks, their office chairs use a stiffer foam than the racing chairs and I just couldnt get used to it. I am lucky enough to live close to their Michigan showroom so i was able to actually sit in most of their chairs before i took the plunge. I ended up exchanging the classic for a sentinel and ive been pretty happy with it for the year ive owned it. It doesnt look as good as the classic series, but the seat is a bit bigger and its slightly less firm which makes it easier to sit in longer. My rear end would actually go numb after sitting in the classic for an hour.

Does the gas lift only hang this low when on the lowest setting? Meaning if you raise the chair to the highest possible height will it still hang that low?

If anyone wants this fail of a chair, it's on Mass drop right now...

(Also, I still do the understand why anyone needs racing chairs with side bolsters infront of a computer. Taking tight high G turns?)

If anyone wants this fail of a chair, it's on Mass drop right now...

(Also, I still do the understand why anyone needs racing chairs with side bolsters infront of a computer. Taking tight high G turns?)

You need to be able to turn fast to block that monitor from view?

Back