Arozzi Vernazza Gaming Chair Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Arozzi Vernazza Gaming Chair Review - This is our second foray into evaluating "gaming furniture." This time we spend a couple months with the Arozzi Gaming Chair. This fine looking specimen has been full of surprises. The Arozzi Vernazza is the "new top-of-the-line model featuring all the latest innovations from Arozzi’s Swedish design team."

A rough in the diamonds. Thanks for the review! Looking forward to more gaming furniture forays.

I have a DX Racer chair, which these guys set out to copy. Thankfully, I have had none of the issues you experienced over the years. It's an ugly ass chair, but it's very comfortable, and all around very good for what I paid (~$250).

Reactions: PeaKr
like this
Gas lifts are usually the first thing to fail, I guess in this case it was second behind the casters. Those are some seriously shitty looking casters for a $350 chair.

Your "next" review chair, the Noblechairs Icon, looks interesting. Also from the Amazon page it looks like it leans WAY back.

Gas lifts are usually the first thing to fail, I guess in this case it was second behind the casters. Those are some seriously shitty looking casters for a $350 chair.

Your "next" review chair, the Noblechairs Icon, looks interesting. Also from the Amazon page it looks like it leans WAY back.

The gas lift did not fail, the base failed to properly locate the gas lift over time. Also possible is that the gas lift is not to spec outside diameter possibly as well.

I have an AK Racing chair and after a year have had no issues with it. I weigh a bit more than Kyle too!

It's interesting how many cheap knock off "gaming" racing chairs have come out in such a short period of time. Even CyberpowerPC makes a generic one along with Meritline constantly having deals on them. For an expensive chair to have this many flaws is kind of ridiculous when someone can buy a knock off for like $200.

I use a herman miller mirra at home and at work and have zero complaints. The only other chair I've seen that is as comfortable is my coworker has an Ergohuman Elite. That is pretty nice too.

So this is another case of something that looks good but the build quality is shit?
Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the review. I'm in the market for a new chair & desk. @ 200lbs/6'1" I doubt that chair would hold me in comfort as well. I've been eyeing the Autonomous Ergochair and a Bekant desk :D

First time I've seen this graphics I think:

1501631740cgh89sf882_2_6.jpg

And fail it did.

Been looking for a chair to upgrade to, been using a Mesh back chair that cost me about $150 but has lasted about 10 years. Only part I had to replace was the arm rest padding. I just wanted to confirm that the base of that chair was in fact plastic and not metal. I don't remember seeing that mentioned in the video or in the review. That being true that is a little bit surprising that the rated weight would be 350 lbs but I guess that pretty much sums up the review at least for the base and casters.

Edit: re read and saw the material listed as plastic.

Last edited:
Been looking for a chair to upgrade to, been using a Mesh back chair that cost me about $150 but has lasted about 10 years. Only part I had to replace was the arm rest padding. I just wanted to confirm that the base of that chair was in fact plastic and not metal. I don't remember seeing that mentioned in the video or in the review. That being true that is a little bit surprising that the rated weight would be 350 lbs but I guess that pretty much sums up the review at least for the base and casters.
That was mentioned specifically in the conclusion and discussions about the base failure in the review. Will mention build material in the build video next time.

"After two months of usage by a 137lbs teenager, the plastic base that holds the gas lift off the floor has failed and will readily destroy anything under it."

My wife and I both use fancy chairs at home (Haworth Zody). I chose them because I sit in them 8 hours a day at work (and have for the last 7 years) and they're the best chair I've used to date (you don't think about it; you just use it and you're comfortable for long periods). I also got a stellar discount from our work supplier.

I do wonder about these kinds of chairs, and I'm happy to see you reviewing gaming chairs. I hope you do some more! It's honestly sad what you were given for the price paid on that chair. That one mucked up bolt is honestly inexcusable. But given that we're around the same weight, I like the 1:1 comparison (for me, anyway).

+1 to the hair thing too. Good move. =)

Plastic base on a $400 chair would have been the first indicator that this chair is a big ole nope.

thanks for the review! I still haven't found a chair worth buying.

"Top-of-the-line, Swedish, comes in HardOCP Red & Black...what's not to like?"

How about "pleather upholstery"?

"Top-of-the-line, Swedish, comes in HardOCP Red & Black...what's not to like?"

How about "pleather upholstery"?
As spelled out in the review, the covering was actually quite nice.

I got a chair from Ikea five years ago for $200. It looked narrow and uncomfortable, and maybe a little flimsy, but it has been the best chair I have ever had, and has lasted me far longer than any other chair I've had. It is even easy to keep clean. The price is a bit higher than when I bought it, and the blue version is no longer available, but the model is still available: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69137246/

It goes to show that high priced stuff isn't all they claim much of the time, and sometimes, cheaper stuff can be the better option.

I have a DX Racer Tank series in mesh. It was totally worth the almost $600 I paid. It's the best computer chair I've ever used, and I've owned a lot of them, even some high-end ones like the Steelcase Leap (a chair I found to be massively overrated, uncomfortable, and insanely overpriced). If you're tall, fat, or both, I really can't recommend this chair enough. The thing is a throne. Well made and comfortable to sit on for long periods of time. The market seems to be flooded with DX Racer knockoffs. IMO DX Racer lives up to the hype, so I can see why others are trying to copy them. My recommendation: skip the knockoffs and just buy an actual DX Racer if you are interested in this type of computer chair. They cost more, but you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
A classic case of cost cutting just a little too far on the parts that are the most important in such a product.

Like Ferrari putting $50 tires on their cars.

shame that champ chairs didn't respond to any of your follow up emails. they should own it. more ppl would respect them for it

This gets used most often for power supplies.

And some moterboards :(

Looks like I'll stick to using my 10 year old Steelcase Leap. I also have a 5 year old Aeron that would kick the crap out of any "gaming" chair, any day.

My DXRacer Wide is still holding up after a year. No signs of wear or a worn out seat cushion. The chair is a tad bigger than what I needed for my size, but I wanted a chair that would last more than just a few years.

Dude, I completely understand WHY you have the red......but for real man.....you are 40 something years old!

Since your loved ones have not told you, you look foolish and I immediately discredit anything you say!! lol

( He said the Acme CPU sucks....but look at his hair! ROTFLOL)

Just kidding man. You do you.

The seat is flaking on my dx racer. I should just splurge and get a Steelcase or something.

The seat is flaking on my dx racer. I should just splurge and get a Steelcase or something.

Look at post 23, the main reason i'm getting this chair is because it's real leather no fake like all the racing style chairs right now.....now I might have
Missed a few but that's what I found.

Look at post 23, the main reason i'm getting this chair is because it's real leather no fake like all the racing style chairs right now.....now I might have
Missed a few but that's what I found.

Definitely worth considering, DX is still more my budget though...

Things that caught my eye...

frame_1.png

Every. Occasion...

180degrees.jpg

They have a cheaper Pleather version if anyone is interested...

realleather.jpg

foam.jpg

Looking at the Champ Chairs website you mentioned, I would have chosen a chair from the DXRacer Big Boss Series. But whatever. (Written while sitting in a $400 OFM 810LX chair).

I've had mine since April this year, I got it from Massdrop for $279.99. Yet to deal with the issues you've had, so overall I'm in love with this chair for the price I got it. I've been thinking about replaceing the wheels with the rollerblade style though.

Wow, first time I've ever seen a Hardocp FAIL given to something. How long did it take for the company to contact you after you posted the review ? lol

Back