Arnold passes the "violent" video game bill in California.

I dunno about u. but vileont video games like mortal kombat make me wann turn into a dragoon and spit fire balls. I think they should be banned? :confused: lmao

fucking retarded. A guy who made milllions and millions beacuse violent movies... :rolleyes:

rowbear62468 said:
i dont have to worry about this particular law currently. but what happens when m rated games still get into kids hands, and we all know they will. when does the banning of certain material start. im not saying that they are banning things, just moving in that general direction. it makes me very nervous to think that hl2 could be banned. or gta (which i personnaly didnt like). hell, when i was 16 i got into my first strip club. i, and plenty of other people, got into r rated movies.

When they actually ban content, they violate the first amendment. Then you, me, and the rest of the country can exercise our second amendment rights and bear arms straight to Capitol Hill. You're talking about a slippery slope, but it is a BIG step onto that slope to go from restricting the sale of violent media to children to banning the production of violent media. It's also unprecedented...obviously kids get their hands on all sorts of things they aren't legally supposed to have, yet those things are still legal.

rowbear62468 said:
but some movies get a nc17 rating and many studios wont release it. "the aristocrats" is a prime example. luckily that got released, but a lot of other movies dont and the director has to go back and cut his/her movie to get a rating. as for the revolution, sheep dont revolt.

NC17 means a lot of people won't go see the movie. Which makes the movie unprofitable. Studios don't want to lose money, so they don't invest in it.

The Aristocrats, if the movie is on the same level as the "joke", is a blight on human intelligence anyway. I wouldn't see it if it were rated G.

PopeKevinI said:
NC17 means a lot of people won't go see the movie. Which makes the movie unprofitable. Studios don't want to lose money, so they don't invest in it.

The Aristocrats, if the movie is on the same level as the "joke", is a blight on human intelligence anyway. I wouldn't see it if it were rated G.

there is no nudity, no violence, just a joke. one joke told by many different people. its only words. how can they hurt you.

rowbear62468 said:
there is no nudity, no violence, just a joke. one joke told by many different people. its only words. how can they hurt you.

I never said it could hurt me. The Aristocrats is among the most unfunny "jokes" that exists. It's just tasteless stupidity, and I for one don't feel like paying to subject myself to that.

Back