Army of the Dead Pixels or "How I learned to navigate LG customer support" PSA

Mizzer

Limp Gawd
Me and Mrs.: watching Army of the Dead starring Drax and zombies.
Mrs: "Hey, that looks like a dead pixel!"
Me: I briefly stare at the LED power indicator 'neath the once pristine screen of my LG OLED E9.
LG OLED: _ (except in red)
Me: Frantically rewinds and pauses the movie. Sure enough one bright pixel IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN stares back at me.
Pixel: .
Then, all throughout the movie, I see other pixels, four in total, always in the same place, always appearing during low-contrast scenes.
Crap!
Long story short: Connected to LG to create a service ticket. Easy Peazy.
Now we wait.
While I wait, I watch another show, two more, in fact... no bright pixels. Not even a wink. Once again, I stare at the OLED.
LG OLED: _ (except in red)
On a whim, I think of other words with silent "h"s, and then google "Stuck pixels in Army of the Dead". It produces this gem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/netflix/comments/nhsjfw/anyone_else_notoce_the_hot_pixel_on_one_of_the/

No. Freaking. Way!

Contacted LG, cancelled the service call which has already been forwarded to a provider in the area. Contact the provider, they were super nice. Gave them a warning about possible OTHER service calls related to the same issue. Turns out I was probably right:

https://screencrush.com/army-of-the-dead-dead-pixels/

https://ymcinema.com/2021/05/26/viewers-noticed-dead-pixels-in-snyders-army-of-the-dead/

https://www.avforums.com/threads/army-of-the-dead-netflix-movie-review-comments.2362220/page-2

That is all.

had the exact same experience over the weekend

at first I was in denial, can't be... I just bought this flipping tv

the movie started off well enough but then ended up dragging on and on.

had the exact same experience over the weekend

at first I was in denial, can't be... I just bought this flipping tv

the movie started off well enough but then ended up dragging on and on.
Dude. I feel ya.

Wanna say there was another movie a while back with some dead pixel action in it. Forget which, though.

I didn't notice anything on my c9 while watching the movie. I probably didn't notice cause the movie was a snoozefest.

I didn't notice anything on my c9 while watching the movie. I probably didn't notice cause the movie was a snoozefest.
Same played on my phone most of it the ending was supper bad....also no way I would notice that on my 65c8 form the sofa

Might have been the Wokest movie i have seen latley. Movie totally sucked

Crap - I haven't seen it yet but I was hoping it would turn out good. Was the wokeness from Tig? I was watching a show talking about how the original star was greenscreened out and replaced by Tig after he guy got caught doing something something before the movie came out. Can't remember all the details. So they greenscreened him out and replaced him with the lesbian comedian Tig Notero or whatsher name. No live action - they did it entirely via digital FX. Kind of cool from a technical standpoint but ...

Crap - I haven't seen it yet but I was hoping it would turn out good. Was the wokeness from Tig? I was watching a show talking about how the original star was greenscreened out and replaced by Tig after he guy got caught doing something something before the movie came out. Can't remember all the details. So they greenscreened him out and replaced him with the lesbian comedian Tig Notero or whatsher name. No live action - they did it entirely via digital FX. Kind of cool from a technical standpoint but ...
Tig Notero was actually fine...It is just a bad movie. All the white males in this movie are weak, idiotic, criminal and cant hit a moving target to save their life. This isnt the part that makes it a bad movie either is the strange thing...its hard to explain

Another issue with the movie is that Snyder is no cinematographer. He basically shot the movie with the movie lens equivalent field of view of F1.4!

i noticed one in a scene in wrath of man too. is it the sensors in the digital cameras they are using?

Back