Army Fires the Americas Army 3 Devs

I'm glad Steam was too busy when I tried to get this 2 days ago. :D

I work in a production plant as a salaried supervisor. One of our sections used to work a ton of overtime...10 hours 5 days a week + 8 hours on Saturdays. They would do that for months each year. That was the company's way of screwing over the supervisors by making them salary. It benefited me because I worked in a different section at the time and didn't have to work overtime, but it screwed them royally. The regular employees were making more than the supervisors with all of the overtime...by far.

I most states that's actually illegal AFAIK. If it's regularly scheduled time, it's not covered by being a salaried employee. Just because you're a salaried employee does not necessarily mean you're exempt from OT.

Of course to do anything about it you'd have to hire an attorney and contact the state and they know that.

Sad to hear this news. I'm kind of pissed now that I wasted my bandwidth.Although I'm suprised that the original AA was so good all things considered.

Last edited:
I loaded up the game, went into basic training, shot my drill instructor, ended up in a jail cell, and then quit playing. I guess i'm not army material.

I am... in a world... of shit! :D

Protip: expect any military or government branch to fuck up anything it touches.
A good example is Navy brass and how they think they're 18th century gentleman on top of their bloated and expensive ships when a simple Exocet or similar missile and their little steamboat is done. What, you thought technology was only good for iPhones and the latest GPUs? ;)

It's a shame because the original AA wasn't that bad of a game.
Guess that's why they buy VBS2 (ARMA\ARMA II heavily modified) from Bohemia Interactive Software. :D

What difference does it make? If you had to pay for it I can see it as a form of protest, but since it's free...? Doesn't really have the same effect.

Considering we probably won't be seeing a patch to fix the glaring issues for awhile, I'm not going to waste the hard drive space. It wasn't really a form of protest on my part, more like "well its not gonna get fixed then so fuck it".

Considering we probably won't be seeing a patch to fix the glaring issues for awhile, I'm not going to waste the hard drive space. It wasn't really a form of protest on my part, more like "well its not gonna get fixed then so fuck it".

New update on steam.

I just completed the training and it saved my progress entirely.

Unfortunately I cannot test the online gaming ability due to being stuck behind a satellite shot.

I bet the Army subcontracts a real development company to either polish AA3, or make a completely new game from scratch. Gaming is way too big now for the army to just drop this, as Gaming is an excellent recruiting tool no matter what people think or say about it.

What difference does it make? If you had to pay for it I can see it as a form of protest, but since it's free...? Doesn't really have the same effect.
Do you want to be a statistic for it or against it? If you don't play it, that's one less person they can tally, and it's one less person popular.

Shame to read all that though, sounds like a bunch of passionate guys got the short end of the stick. For the record, I never played any of the America's Army(s); if I wanted the full military experience, I would have joined the military ;).

Army: Hi Valve.

Valve: Hello Army.

Army: Here's 200 million dollars.

Valve: Sweet. This is half life 3. Got an eraser?

Army: Yup.

Valve: AMERICA'S ARMY FOUR!

*high five*

----
Problem Solved.

Army: Hi Valve.

Valve: Hello Army.

Army: Here's 200 million dollars.

Valve: Sweet. This is half life 3. Got an eraser?

Army: Yup.

Valve: AMERICA'S ARMY FOUR!

*high five*

----
Problem Solved.

Now that 3d realms is gone, valve would be the last company I'd ever want developing a game that had some sort of schedule attached to it.

Back