Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon

that art direction in the trailer had talent behind it no doubt.
Mecha Noir just has that something. It oozes cool, maybe because of the cold war era these were first dreamt up in, just on the edge of the high-tech of the time: steel, hydraulics, rocket propulsion and dread. Paint jobs beat to shit.

These older trailers have some style overlap with the AC6 trailer, and similarly transfixing: AC4 (2006) + AC:For Answer (2008) in one video.

Last edited:
Mecha Noir just has that something. It seems to ooze cool, maybe because of the cold war era steel, hydraulics, rocket propulsion and dread that it's grounded in. Paint jobs beat to shit.

These older trailers are also transfixing: AC4 (2006) + AC:For Answer (2008) in one video.

point taken! that's good stuff there

Finally a game to buy for my PS5!
I don't know how many countless hours I had in the OG. I played some of the later games, but they never fully caught my interest. I think I have all of them up to Five.

I'm guessing this gets delayed until 2024 (Feb- April)...ever since Dark Souls 2, From Software has always released their games in the Feb- April timeframe

I'm guessing this gets delayed until 2024 (Feb- April)...ever since Dark Souls 2, From Software has always released their games in the Feb- April timeframe
They released Monster Hunter Diary DX in September, Dark Souls: Remastered in May, and Déraciné in November.

They released Monster Hunter Diary DX in September, Dark Souls: Remastered in May, and Déraciné in November.

none of those are main games released across multiple platforms...Dark Souls Remastered is also just that, a remaster and not worked on by From Software...even Sekiro and Elden Ring were delayed and only released during the Feb- April time period

Geoff Keighley on Armored Core before he was ordained the Dorito Pope vs. now.

Geoff Keighley on Armored Core before he was ordained the Dorito Pope vs. now.

While an amusing comparison, it is easy to forget just how much FS has changed over the years. There really is a pre and post Dark Souls FromSoftware. AC4 also wasn't exactly a smash hit among AC fans either, it was the 12th AC game released within nine years (and the 37th game FS released in the same time frame) and it showed very minimal improvements over previous titles. It had a graphical update, but it wasn't great. There hadn't been any real gameplay improvements since 2004's AC: Nexus, which was the first game in the franchise to add dual stick support. The same year AC4 released, FS put out the abysmal Enchanted Arms, the Japanese exclusive A.C.E. 2, two Japanese exclusive PSP Kingfield entries, and Chromehounds (the better mech game). A lot of FS' games have been reevaluated since they became popular, but the reception was much less kind on release.

since this is coming out on August 25th I doubt we'll see the Elden Ring expansion until early 2024...

Thankfully it seems like it has more in common with the PS1/PS2 era and not the more recent games. Great designs on the Cores and MTs, love the laser rope and some of the other wild weapon designs

I love the Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro/Elden Ring games but I also want to see From Software try something different...I know the Armored Core series is not something new but I want to see what else they can do outside of the Souls formula
I hate them. I don't like to be frustrated playing a game. It is not fun to me anymore.

I hate them. I don't like to be frustrated playing a game. It is not fun to me anymore.

for me the vast majority of games are relatively easy (or mildly challenging at best) so to get a series where there is a higher degree of difficulty (along with best in class level design, combat, customization, multiple classes/playstyles etc) is way more rewarding...but I definitely understand that the Souls formula is not for everyone

Yeah, I really want this to be good. It looks amazing, but if it ends up being too much like Souls I don't think I'll like it. Hopefully the combat will be more like NieR Automata.

Hopefully the combat will be more like NieR Automata.

Oh hell no, I hope not. I love both NieR games but keep that combat the hell away from AC. I want the mechs to feel heavy and powerful, to be more akin to the older games. Super limited boost/jumps, constant need to manage resources, limited ammo in missions, able to die super quickly if you're not planning, etc.

Oh hell no, I hope not. I love both NieR games but keep that combat the hell away from AC. I want the mechs to feel heavy and powerful, to be more akin to the older games. Super limited boost/jumps, constant need to manage resources, limited ammo in missions, able to die super quickly if you're not planning, etc.

I think that's where it's going to be similar to the Souls games...not in the combat itself but the survival/resource management which in turn equals a more challenging experience

Armored Core 6: From Software Shares Story, Combat, and Setting Details

We sat down with FromSoftware Producer Yasunori Ogura to find out everything you need to know about the highly anticipated return to the Armored Core franchise...

People are really still saying "Soulslike" after all this time?

tony-stark-rolling-eyes.gif

for me the vast majority of games are relatively easy (or mildly challenging at best) so to get a series where there is a higher degree of difficulty (along with best in class level design, combat, customization, multiple classes/playstyles etc) is way more rewarding...but I definitely understand that the Souls formula is not for everyone
If I wanted difficulty and challenge, I would play a multiplayer game.

Pre-order now to receive the following bonus content:

MELANDER C3 G13 Special Customization “TENDERFOOT”
• MELANDER C3 parts set (early unlock)
• Emblem (early unlock)
• Exclusive AC Decal
* Early Unlock: The parts set and the emblem can also be obtained by progressing through the game

The Deluxe Edition includes the full game and Exclusive Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack

Armored Core VI Premium Edition PS5- $450!

Premium Edition Contents:

Game - Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon
Garage - A garage where you can park your Armored Core, inspired by the one available in the game. Size: 32 cm
Armored Core Figurine - Size 19 cm
Steelbook - Original art Steelbook case
Pin Badges - A set of 4 pin badges featuring in-game emblem patterns
Stickers - A set of 45 stickers to personalize your computer, mobile phone, etc.
Artbook - An exclusive 40-page hardcover artbook. Dive deep into the world of Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon with never-before-seen visuals.
Digital Soundtrack - Discover the complete Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon original soundtrack

https://store.bandainamcoent.com/armored-core-vi-fires-of-rubicon-premium-edition-ps5/

Armored Core VI Premium Edition PS5- $450!

Premium Edition Contents:

Game - Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon
Garage - A garage where you can park your Armored Core, inspired by the one available in the game. Size: 32 cm
Armored Core Figurine - Size 19 cm
Steelbook - Original art Steelbook case
Pin Badges - A set of 4 pin badges featuring in-game emblem patterns
Stickers - A set of 45 stickers to personalize your computer, mobile phone, etc.
Artbook - An exclusive 40-page hardcover artbook. Dive deep into the world of Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon with never-before-seen visuals.
Digital Soundtrack - Discover the complete Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon original soundtrack

https://store.bandainamcoent.com/armored-core-vi-fires-of-rubicon-premium-edition-ps5/
That price is INSANE.

That price is INSANE.
Not really when you consider the price of collectible figures otherwise. Take out the $60 game, $10 badges, $10 artbook, and $20 soundtrack and you're left with $130 for the figure. That sounds about right. Figures like the one included here are usually $100-150. There is a new 11.5" figure from Armored Core IV that was recently released which cost about $350 when converting to USD from JPY.

As usual with From games the art style and environment design look amazing, but the visuals overall look dated by at least 5 years.

Not really when you consider the price of collectible figures otherwise. Take out the $60 game, $10 badges, $10 artbook, and $20 soundtrack and you're left with $130 for the figure. That sounds about right. Figures like the one included here are usually $100-150. There is a new 11.5" figure from Armored Core IV that was recently released which cost about $350 when converting to USD from JPY.
The full Premium Collectors Edition was listed as $450

They have since removed the price.

Going to need to keep following along to this as I don't really want to commit to a preorder yet, but would like to reward From Software for finally giving AC another go after so long. Trailer I saw the other day did make it a bit tempting but was also put off by the collector edition pricing....but hey at least they were including a copy of the game unlike Diablo IV!

Interesting choice

"Masaru Yamamura, director of Armored Core VI, stated in an interview conducted by South Korea's Ruliweb: "In the process of developing the sequel, there was also an opinion to make it in a different game style. However, as a result of discussions, it was concluded that it should not be made into a title centered on movement and exploration, such as the Elden Ring or Soul series. In the Armored Core series, depending on the assembly, the movement performance of the character changes and affects the play. Because that is the charm of the series." His team has taken the traditional design route in order to concentrate on assembling detailed and fun gameplay environments: "I think you will be able to feel a different pleasure from exploring every nook and cranny of the carefully crafted map as you move.""

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/309749/...ctor-wanted-to-distinguish-it-from-elden-ring

good, it shouldnt be open world. big play areas sure.

Back