Arma 2: Combined Operations (Day Z), $16.79

Nice find; however, I think most people who want to play DayZ are likely to wait a month or so for the standalone release.

Nice find; however, I think most people who want to play DayZ are likely to wait a month or so for the standalone release.

That soon, huh? Damn, I thought it would be at least a year away. Granted, I haven't looked much into the standalone release, though I've been hoping for one for months.

That soon, huh? Damn, I thought it would be at least a year away. Granted, I haven't looked much into the standalone release, though I've been hoping for one for months.

I read a developer interview where he said that realistically it would be around late November.

Everyone complains about the ArmA 2 engine for DayZ and wants a stand alone. Well, guess what, the standalone is on the same engine with a few tweaks. The only real thing you're getting over the mod is a more locked-down environment to help prevent hacking.

Everyone complains about the ArmA 2 engine for DayZ and wants a stand alone. Well, guess what, the standalone is on the same engine with a few tweaks. The only real thing you're getting over the mod is a more locked-down environment to help prevent hacking.

And I think some updated 3D models for zombies and similar. I figured they would have made Day Z on the ArmA 3 engine, but I guess that is what Day Z 2 will be based on.

I purchased this yesterday but can't seem to get day z to work. Has anyone gotten day z to work with the gamefly version?

Well that's disheartening. :(

RPS: Is the standalone more Arma 2 or more Arma 3?

Hall: It’s more like Arma 2.5, and there’s a very important reason for that. Arma 2 has reached a certain level of maturity, and that’s important for Day Z. We want to do things like support a simple ragdoll, rather than the complex ragdoll that Arma 3 has, because we’re multiplayer and PvP focused. So yeah it’s more like Arma 2.5, but because we’ve got the guys who created the engine working directly on this game, we could soon see Day Z codebase looking very different. It’s actually based more on the Take On Helicopters architecture than what we’ve done with Arma 3.

They have the original Arma 2 engine developers working on Day Z, so who knows how much of it they'll change for the mod.

Dayz is an amazing multiplay experience, no complaints here. It just keeps getting better.

Back