Arma 2 casual meetups

jonneymendoza

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi guys,

seeing as many of us have got this game, i would like to try and organise some events amongst us that we can play and do some coop missions?

The only mods it will require are these:

Bohemia Interactive Forums - View Single Post - J.S.R.S. - FurtheR~AdvancE sound mod

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin) - Bohemia Interactive Forums radio comms effect mod and TS3 support

Six Updater - Six Wagn - Sickboy Projects for installing and updating ACE mod.

What is ACE mod? - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117996&highlight=ACE
Its basically an ubber arma 2 mod that makes it more realistic and i think adds more weapons, vehicles etc

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9936&highlight=STHUD Hud mod that displays a small radar so you can see where your squad members are

i will try and download some decent coop missions we can do and go from there.

if you have any issues with six updater. let me know and i will try and help.

The main things you need for ACE are everything thats tagged @ACE(you will see what i mean by the "@" as all mods have a @ infront of the name), and @CBA only.

if you only have OA or Arma 2, then you will need to get either @CBA_A2 or @CBA_OA accordingly.

the six updater SHOULD download and install the appropriate ace mod folders.

I will need some support and help in creating a TS3 server and possibly a dedicted game server but if only 4-5 of us are on at a time, it should be fine for me or someone to host a game in their pc's.

One last thing you need guys is Xfire - Gaming Simplified

this is to see who is online and to send messages and hook up together for some coop. we can also do the OA campaign together if you want.

Servers to play on:

Code:
[SIZE="4"][U][URL="http://www.132ndSOAR.com/"]132nd.S.O.A.R. - MissileMoose[/URL][/U][/SIZE]

[B]Server name: [/B]132nd Special Operations Assault & Rescue (Filter: "132nd)

[B]Server Type: [/B]Combined Operations (ArmA 2 + OA)

[B]TeamSpeak: [/B]173.208.120.10:7570

[B]TeamSpeak Password: [/B]assault (Open until 10th May)

[B][U]Required Addons:[/U] [/B]

@ACE*
@ACEX*
@ACEX_RU*
@ACEX_USNavy*
@CBA*

*Latest version from SixUpdater (Server updates daily).

[B]Signature Checks: [/B]No (All addons welcome - Until 10th May)

Another one which is very popular!

http://unitedoperations.net/Thread-Using-Six-Updater-with-the-UnitedOperations-Repository

follow the steps in that link and once all up to date, join the server using six updater! easy as ABC!!

TeamSpeak 3
Hostname: ts3.132ndsoar.com:7570
Port: 7570

Last edited:
Screenshots from last night:

5672334340_2eff3508c2_b.jpg

5671762505_5b200362ee_b.jpg

5671723295_039f7a4d23_b.jpg

more pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/josh1408/sets/72157626613000578/with/5671723295/

How do I make my game LOOK like yours? I noticed that the Arma2 graphics engine is blurry as hell, and it's starting to bug me.

Also, what is your Xfire username?

Last edited:
How do I make my game LOOK like yours? I noticed that the Arma2 graphics engine is blurry as hell, and it's starting to bug me.

Yeah, what the heck? Your game looks way different than mine. My rendering is really blurry....

Yeah, what the heck? Your game looks way different than mine. My rendering is really blurry....
I just figured out that lowering or disabling post processing in the video options makes the bluriness go away.

Last edited:

I just figured out that lowering or disabling post processing in the video options makes the bluriness go away.

yup was about to post that

Does anyone else get this strange shadow effect on objects ever since the last update? I haven't played for a little while, but before the update I don't remember it ever looking like this. Turning off or down HDR / Shadows / Post Processing has no effect. It's the most noticeable on the grass, like in this screenshot.

3AB5D817C0D5AAE7533740C456071CDE071646CC

read this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118167

disable ATOC i think its called on your arma 2 user config file.

my xfire is jonneymendoza

I figured it out. It wasn't because of the ATOC, it was apparently because I had screwed around in the nVidia control panel, and was forcing overrides on some stuff that the game doesn't seem to like. Set everything to application control and it all went away.

Read through that thread though, I don't get silvery highlights in my trees fortunately.

Do you use Steam at all? I haven't used xfire in quite some time, Steam has served the same purpose now that most of my friends use Steam nowadays.

i dont have arma 2 on steam. But i do use steam for other games.

steam id is pinoy_soldier and my xfire is jonneymendoza

I'm interested in playing. I've got everything installed already except for acre, but that should be easy. I have not found any ACE multiplayer to play yet.

If you use that Six Updater, you can just download and install the mods right through it, it's super easy. Thanks for showing us this gem jonnymendoza, it really does make organizing mods super convenient. I haven't been too involved in the Arma2 community, so I didn't even know it existed.

I got all those mods installed and was messing around with the different weapons and vehicles in the armory, they really did add and change a lot. I'm glad they also gave the missiles and rockets more realistic behavior, especially the vanilla Air-to-Air missiles which were retarded because they were like insta-hit lasers.

Heck, even firing the shoulder mounted AT weapons affects your hearing. Fire off a couple of those one after the other and you can't even hear! :D

I've never heard of this game. To the Googlemobile!

I would love to get in on some ArmA II action. Put my TrackIR to good use

Yes I also need to get my TrackIR hooked back up and running. Would make piloting aircraft much easier. I'll end up disabling it when on the ground though, it's too hard trying to use it when you're running around on the ground, IMHO.

I recommend disabling the zoom and lean features of the TrackIR in arma 2.

If you really want to use your TrackIR, give DCS A-10 a shot -- I can't imagine playing that game without it.

I actually like the lean feature when on the ground, allows for incremental leaning. I disable the zoom though.

As for DCS A-10, it does look awesome but it's $60 at the moment.

I have been vacillating a lot on whether to get TrackIR. What I would jump at is someone to hack a Kinect to replicate the functionality without having to wear anything.

Are you guys playing ARMA2 original or Operation arrowhead??? I love love to join in!

I only have the vanilla on steam. If i buy just arrowhead would I effectivly have "combined arms??"

I only have the vanilla on steam. If i buy just arrowhead would I effectivly have "combined arms??"

Yes, if you get OA, when you go to launch OA in Steam you get the option to use Combined Arms, which includes everything from the original Arma2, but using the better engine in the 2nd one.

I'm trying to figure out how to load the mods through a Steam shortcut instead of using the six updater, simply because Steam doesn't show me playing, so my buddy I play with can't see that I'm playing or what server.

Yes, if you get OA, when you go to launch OA in Steam you get the option to use Combined Arms, which includes everything from the original Arma2, but using the better engine in the 2nd one.

I'm trying to figure out how to load the mods through a Steam shortcut instead of using the six updater, simply because Steam doesn't show me playing, so my buddy I play with can't see that I'm playing or what server.

What I do is get everything set up in Six Updater, then in the "Params" box at the top copy the Shortcut information and then place it into the launch parameters of the STEAM entry.

You either have to change it every time you change mods or make different shortcuts for each mod setup

What I do is get everything set up in Six Updater, then in the "Params" box at the top copy the Shortcut information and then place it into the launch parameters of the STEAM entry.

You either have to change it every time you change mods or make different shortcuts for each mod setup

I tried this, but the list of mods that show up in the top right corner at the game menu doesn't show as being loaded for some reason.

I tried this, but the list of mods that show up in the top right corner at the game menu doesn't show as being loaded for some reason.

You have to add them to the bat file that actually launches arma2 if you want to do it through steam and not a launcher (way easier). I'll look it up tomorrow and find e filename for you.

Some pics form a great night last night at UO server. i was working with 4 other guys in bravo team. we did well!
great team work.

love this game:

5691834488_86b2b74034_b.jpg

5691826504_4e136c723b_b.jpg

5691815174_5150681098_b.jpg

5691221725_c50f11d238_b.jpg

Had a big shootout in this area above!

5691215231_4ffabf3e36_b.jpg

5691770212_31d057923e_b.jpg

MEDIC!!

5691751746_44cb6e9c2d_b.jpg

//Pics from a few nights ago

5691168145_ed5ae5bba7_b.jpg

5691159265_940ef5c1c3_b.jpg

5691138623_9f7c9d546a_b.jpg

5691124523_2686d671fe_b.jpg

5691723238_72b3b4dcc4_b.jpg

I've been doing pickup games with unitedoperations.net and they are a blast, but I'm still learning.

And +1 for DCS-A10 with TrackIR. Amazing. Would love to get some coop in with that too!

Isn't PR for Arma 2 going to be more PVP based? Saw you playing a bit last night -- have you made a [H] group on xfire? I would have hopped on, but I had just finished a 2 hour practice w/ my Arma group. I would love some help playing the campaign -- I hate ordering squads around on the map.

I've been doing pickup games with unitedoperations.net and they are a blast, but I'm still learning.

And +1 for DCS-A10 with TrackIR. Amazing. Would love to get some coop in with that too!

Me too. been playing with those guys too. had a blast last night. you going to play this evening?

Isn't PR for Arma 2 going to be more PVP based? Saw you playing a bit last night -- have you made a [H] group on xfire? I would have hopped on, but I had just finished a 2 hour practice w/ my Arma group. I would love some help playing the campaign -- I hate ordering squads around on the map.

Yes PR is pvp based. it will make arma 2 a lot better for pvp gameplay.

£8 for high res textures is a bit too much imo.

especially when project reality mod will add high res textures and re models of the BAF for free

Official Statement

Project Reality over the last few months have been in discussions with BI, and a joint agreement has been made, that gives Project Reality Exclusive rights for the use of the Original BAF Files within its Modification. I have personally signed this agreement with Maruk, and ensured all my Developers who need access to these files have signed a Project Reality Agreement. Therefore we now have the original BAF Files, to allow us to rework the Models, updating as required, and adding further detail to what is already a great DLC.

Project Reality are very proud and greatful for the working relationship they have with BI, and hope that we can ensure to do the game justice in the MP environment in the near future.

This now allows the texture artists greater freedom, and professionalism to enhance the Models even further, and the whole team to concentrate on the gameplay further.

What does it mean to the Community?

1. No change at all, PR: ArmA2 will be a free to download Modification, which will still NOT require BAF to run.

2. The community get a highly detailed British Faction available to use, and will be our base standard for a whole PR British Faction, to include future UOR vehicles.

3. It allows optimised models for our MP - to ensure we keep poor server performance down to a minimum, and ensure smooth online play.

3. The PR Models however will NOT be available to rework in other Community add ons in any way at all, as they will be electronically watermarked (Traceable) and have hidden PR Layers - as per the agreement with BI. (PR EULA, will clearly state this).

As you can see, we are working hard to ensure we have a firm and detailed base for our first release, and by having this agreement in place it ensures we have the perfect start point, for the team and the whole of the MP Online players.

When you guys play, what mission do you usually use? Is it one of the Co-op Domination ones? Me and my buddy were messing around last night with the GITS Evolution mission, seems good but still seems to be missing some features from the original Arma1 Evolution such as AI squadmates and the ability to invite other players into your squad.

Not sure if it's related to the mission itself and the large number of AIs, but as the night went on our performance went down before my game as the host finally crashed to desktop. I wish I had a 2nd box to host a dedicated server for when us 2 just want to mess around and learn stuff.

Communities like UO play custom co-op missions and custom TVT (Team vs Team) missions.
Domination, Warfare, Insurgency, these are just lame seeder missions that's on the server during non-peak hours, as soon as enough people is on, a real mission is organized. If there's too many people for a co-op mission a TVT will be done.
That's where you will experience what tactical play is about. Not Domi/Warfare/Evolution type crap.

Oh yay! I so want in. PM me with more details - I'll go and get the game and stuff ready so that I can roll with you guys!

Please note that the TS info for the 132nd has changed, it is now ts3.132ndsoar.com:7570. Password is still the same.

Some pics form a great night last night at UO server. i was working with 4 other guys in bravo team. we did well!

Quick question, what is the little 'radar' display on the bottom middle, and how do you get it? Is it only available in certain missions / game modes?

Also, I got to play with MissileMoose and a few others for hours on Saturday, playing Insurgency. It's a lot of fun. I'm so glad to be running ACE & the other mods now, a much better experience from vanilla OA/CO.

Back