Arm Is RTX ON! World’s Most Widely Used CPU Architecture Meets Real-Time Ray Tracing, DLSS

Talk of a Tegra X1 successor has me wondering if you guys just didn't know about Tegra X2 and Tegra Xavier?

They haven't been used in any gaming systems or gaming-related hardware, but they do exist. I'd expect if Nintendo ever did a significant upgrade to the Switch it'd be using Xavier or a derivative of it.

For whatever reason NVIDIA hasn't been chasing the gaming market with their ARM solutions. Even the Shield is still using X1. /shrug

I'm interested in seeing where this all goes, but with new tech having longer lead times and supply issues looking like they're going to last another year at least, it's more an academic interest than anything else.

overall makes me even more confused as to why AMD keeps using the Vega architecture in its APU chips.
Because there isn't enough ddr4 bandwidth to get more performance, so they are waiting for ddr5. It's why Intel uses lpddr, its only way they can get a leg over AMD superior GPU uarch.

Back