Arkham Origins - 3 medaling the first combat map?

Morlock

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to 3-medal the combat maps in Arkham Origins, but the first one, Intensive Training, is giving me trouble because the enemies run out before I hit the scores for the medals. So I'm trying a few tricks to pump up my score besides spamming the batswarm. Like using triple capestun and ground takedown on the last enemy, using combo takedowns more often, etc. I mean it's not like I have any trouble 3-medaling Arkham City combat maps. I can literally go through all but the last couple of maps and 3-medal them all on the first try, so it's not like I suck or anything.

Is there some trick to making the moves in this game actually work? In real Arkham games, when I'm in freeflow my character locks onto enemies automatically, as long as I'm facing in their general direction. In Origins, not so much. I'll try something different from a basic strike, like a cape stun or a ground takedown, and it just decides not to work right, and I lose freeflow (which is key to scores). Lots of stuff is like that; countering seems nerfed, too. Sometimes I'll press the key for a combo takedown and Batman just sits there and I lose freeflow.

I just bought a new keyboard and logitech gaming mouse and it works fine for everything else, so I don't think my inputs are the problem. And I don't have this problem with any of the real Arkham games, just Origins.

K B-man just ignored my combo takedown again. Do I have to be facing an enemy to use it? This feels way to consistent to just be a bug. This game just plays so differently from real Arkham games, even after you account for the fact that all enemies basically have the aggression modifier, and the game likes sneaking in an awful lot of sucker-punches that don't get through in the real games (and holy shit does this game like sneaking in hits from thrown objects, even when they're visibly not thrown at all, because you punched the guy in the face before he could throw it).

K finally got it. I had to spam the cheese-dick technique of evade-punch evade-punch evade-punch the whole time, plus combo takedowns and 3x cape stunning and ground pounding the last guy every round, but it worked. Just glad only this map requires it because it sucks the fun out of combat.

Yeah I take it back, I have to spam evade-punch on the so-small-the-camera-works-against-you map in the sewers with Hatter's goons, too. A bit more polish and the combat could've been great in this game. But it's way too easy to lose freeflow and lock-on, and the game sneaks in too many cheap shots. Not to mention how often the game simply ignores your counters. It's fine during story mode, but it's a killer when you need freeflow to medal. And I still have no clue why they didn't make the fight with Deathstroke into a challenge map.

The beauty of Arkham combat has always been that if you do it right, you wind up looking like Batman or Nightwing, beating down an entire gang of enemies without letting them lay a glove on you. If you do it perfectly, you're just piling on for style, and if you fall short of doing it right, you get hit a couple times, lose freeflow, don't get 3 medals, etc. Origins screwed with that balance big time, but they shouldn't have. It feels like the designers played custom challenges in Arkham City with the Aggression and Super Powered modifiers on waaay too much and thought that would make a great default. But Arkham City combat was already almost perfect, and the fact that you had to watch out for tasers and shields and ninja chicks and armored enemies was a good thing. Origins builds Super Powered into the challenges and you can hardly 3-medal without it, so a lot of what made combat interesting in AC disappears. I think the Aggression mod being built in probably would have worked, if not for the Super Powered/Shock Gloves bit.

Hi, friends, I want to play Arkham Origins 3 but it didn't work properly on my laptop. Maybe my configuration it's not good for that game. Does anyone guide me about what configuration need to play this game?

Back