Arkham Legacy Batman game by Rocksteady

Meh. Kinda over the Batman games. I though they were suppose to be working on a different DC characters game.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Meh. Kinda over the Batman games. I though they were suppose to be working on a different DC characters game.

Yeah, could've sworn I remember hearing about a Justice League-style game at some point.

I, however, am up for some more Batman games. Would've preferred a whole new series versus a sequel to the Arkham universe, mind you.

The rumor that Rocksteady will announce their new game at E3 and/or the Game Awards has cropped up for like three years now.

Yeah, but a broken clock is right twice a day. :p

Well, I suppose it has to be right eventually.

Though, reading the first article reminded me of something: This is NOT Rocksteady's next game. Arkham Legacy is the Court of Owls game that WB Montreal is working on. So in the entirely likely event (given WB M has been teasing stuff lately) that Arkham Legacy is announced at the Game Awards it will still not be Rocksteady's next title.

Well, I suppose it has to be right eventually.

Though, reading the first article reminded me of something: This is NOT Rocksteady's next game. Arkham Legacy is the Court of Owls game that WB Montreal is working on. So in the entirely likely event (given WB M has been teasing stuff lately) that Arkham Legacy is announced at the Game Awards it will still not be Rocksteady's next title.

Yeah it might be the same game I know there was a thread for it on here already.

Yeah it might be the same game I know there was a thread for it on here already.

Yeah. Rocksteady is supposedly working on something that isn't purely Batman related and WB Montreal has been teasing stuff related to the Court of Owls. Seems more likely that this is that game.

the Rocksteady Arkham games are 5 stars but Arkham Origins developed by WB Montreal was also a very good 4.5 star game

Agreed, I seem to remember Origins getting a bad rap for a few reasons but I really enjoyed it. Sure felt like a good Batman game to me. It's a very solid entry as far as I'm concerned.

WB Montreal has been dropping hints about an upcoming Batman game. Maybe that's the actual "I'm Batman" game while this is something else entirely.

While I really liked those games, they've kinda run their course at this point. I don't know what they could add to them gameplay-wise, and the graphics/sound are already great. Unless they have some ideas that would take the series in a new direction, I'd rather they just left it alone.

While I really liked those games, they've kinda run their course at this point. I don't know what they could add to them gameplay-wise, and the graphics/sound are already great. Unless they have some ideas that would take the series in a new direction, I'd rather they just left it alone.

Rumor has it you'll be playing as multiple members of the Bat-family, so that could at least add some verity to the gameplay. Assuming they make them all feel different.

Rumor has it you'll be playing as multiple members of the Bat-family, so that could at least add some verity to the gameplay. Assuming they make them all feel different.

Yeah, that could work. I think the main thing they'll have to do in order to keep it fresh is to overhaul the combat. While it worked great, it's limited. You're basically just baiting counters and then going bonkers a la the first 7 Assassin's Creed games. They ended up going back to the drawing board with Origins and I feel like the same thing would be needed with Batman, too. Otherwise, you're still doing the same post-counter 50-hit combo we've all been doing for 10 years.

Yeah, that could work. I think the main thing they'll have to do in order to keep it fresh is to overhaul the combat. While it worked great, it's limited. You're basically just baiting counters and then going bonkers a la the first 7 Assassin's Creed games. They ended up going back to the drawing board with Origins and I feel like the same thing would be needed with Batman, too. Otherwise, you're still doing the same post-counter 50-hit combo we've all been doing for 10 years.

I'm not expecting a radical change to combat for this. Maybe for whatever Rocksteady is doing, but I expect WB Montreal to keep combat mostly the same. Maybe they'll make some tweaks, add some different enemy types, or something like that but I imagine WB will demand that it continues to be Arkham combat.

I'm not expecting a radical change to combat for this. Maybe for whatever Rocksteady is doing, but I expect WB Montreal to keep combat mostly the same. Maybe they'll make some tweaks, add some different enemy types, or something like that but I imagine WB will demand that it continues to be Arkham combat.
Yeah that exactly what I want. Don't need to add 10 more gadgets, 50 special combos and vehicles etc. to gain my interest.

Give me a new story and new areas to stomp thugs and I'm happy. All the Batman games have been amazing imo. I'm ready for a new one.

More batman? Got 3 or 4 from the epic game store and don't even play them.

Back