Arkham Knight Gameworks

cthulhuiscool

2[H]4U
So the patch rolled out finally which largely addressed the issues the game had. One thing I'm experiencing though is the gameworks functions KILL performance. I have a 4gb 960 and it is able to handle everything maxed at 60, but the second any of the gameworks features comes on it dips to 30. Anyone else have a similar experience?

It's basically normal, you can't expect to push GameWorks Features with a card like that.. GameWorks its a big performance hit for every card in the market. the weaker the card, the biggest performance Hit.

A 960 is not all that fast and I am surprised you can even maintain 60 fps on all high settings at 1080 even without gameworks stuff on. I dont think anyone that keeps up with video cards would expect to run gameworks stuff in any game with it and keep 60 fps on a 960.

Also this game is quite a bit more cpu limited after the patch and will peg any quad core at times. I see up to 70% usage on my 4770k while driving around and gpu usage drops below 90% quite a bit even at 2560x1440.

Think overclocking both my cpu and gpu (I have a 4670k) would improve it at all? I don't really care much tbh and when actually playing I doubt id really notice the difference, just curious about the feature.

Think overclocking both my cpu and gpu (I have a 4670k) would improve it at all? I don't really care much tbh and when actually playing I doubt id really notice the difference, just curious about the feature.
You see my pc and even I get drops running all those gameworks features. I will never understand why some people praise that stuff as its usually unoptimized garbage. Just run the game without it and you will be much happier.

It's basically normal, you can't expect to push GameWorks Features with a card like that.. GameWorks its a big performance hit for every card in the market. the weaker the card, the biggest performance Hit.

This. I can run at 60FPS on my system but with all those features enabled it dips down into the 45FPS range. I don't know if dedicating the second card to it is actually working or not.

You see my pc and even I get drops running all those gameworks features. I will never understand why some people praise that stuff as its usually unoptimized garbage. Just run the game without it and you will be much happier.

No I wouldn't. In the Arkham games those features tend to look pretty damn cool.

This. I can run at 60FPS on my system but with all those features enabled it dips down into the 45FPS range. I don't know if dedicating the second card to it is actually working or not.

No I wouldn't. In the Arkham games those features tend to look pretty damn cool.
I will take a steady smooth framerate over a tiny visual improvement. And the OP seems to be like me in wanting 60 fps so he is not going to get that with all the gameworks features on.

I will take a steady smooth framerate over a tiny visual improvement. And the OP seems to be like me in wanting 60 fps so he is not going to get that with all the gameworks features on.

My frame rates are actually steady and the game feels perfectly smooth for the most part. Occasionally in the Batmobile I get some drops but they aren't too bad. I'll take eye candy over FPS every time. If that means the frame rates aren't acceptable than it's time to upgrade or play something else.

I realize I may be in the minority on that. And if we were talking about an multiplayer FPS game then I'd do things differently although I wouldn't like it.

My frame rates are actually steady and the game feels perfectly smooth for the most part.

Does it use all the cores you have available?

Looking to build a 5960x rig soon so curious. Cheers!

I have a 4gb 960 and it is able to handle everything maxed at 60..

You're telling me your GTX 960 is faster than my GTX 970 + good OC? ;) You have not played demanding games as of late, have you? But Gameworks, like TressFX, Physx and all of the other "special" graphical features before it kill performance for little frame graphical gain. TressFX killed frame rates by 15 or so in Tomb Raider. It looked good, but hair on one character killing performance by 20% is a bit crazy. But that is how it always is with these types of graphical features.

It's the kind of game i want all gameworks features on. Single player games I always want every bit of eye candy possible. Competitive games I'll tank visual effects for clarity as not everyone understands that Nintendo's colorful ways is best for competitive games, gray on off gray blue is not easy to see.

You're telling me your GTX 960 is faster than my GTX 970 + good OC? ;) You have not played demanding games as of late, have you? But Gameworks, like TressFX, Physx and all of the other "special" graphical features before it kill performance for little frame graphical gain. TressFX killed frame rates by 15 or so in Tomb Raider. It looked good, but hair on one character killing performance by 20% is a bit crazy. But that is how it always is with these types of graphical features.

Dunno what to tell ya, I benchmarked it at 1080 with everything maxed, motion blur off, and a 60fps cap and got 54.

As for the other stuff you may be right. I played Witcher 3 and while it ran okay with hairworks on I decided to leave it off for a more stable experience. I cant recall any other gameworks games i've played though.

Dunno what to tell ya, I benchmarked it at 1080 with everything maxed, motion blur off, and a 60fps cap and got 54.

As for the other stuff you may be right. I played Witcher 3 and while it ran okay with hairworks on I decided to leave it off for a more stable experience. I cant recall any other gameworks games i've played though.

Be sure to check real ingame benchmarks, as the batman series benchmarks are far of being any real implication of ingame experience.. so you will find ingame situations much more heavy than the benchmark.

Be sure to check real ingame benchmarks, as the batman series benchmarks are far of being any real implication of ingame experience.. so you will find ingame situations much more heavy than the benchmark.

It seems to accurately depict my frame rates but it may not always be correct. The benchmark is confined to a small area in the game and doesn't show what the game is like in the open world environment.

SLi isnt fully functional yet, unless you allot physx manually to one gpu. Slowly progressing.

I run 3 - 24" monitors (5760x1200) and 2 - GTX 980 SC in Sli. And I have all Gameworks turned on and I get 48 fps. Before the patch it was 18 fps.

So the patch rolled out finally which largely addressed the issues the game had. One thing I'm experiencing though is the gameworks functions KILL performance. I have a 4gb 960 and it is able to handle everything maxed at 60, but the second any of the gameworks features comes on it dips to 30. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Do not confuse GameWorks features with PhysX features.

Are you talking about GameWorks features like HBAO+ and other things?

Or are you talking about PhysX features that deal with the physical effects properity to NV GPUs?

GameWorks is the name for a myriad of NVIDIA effects, it, itself, is not an effect, it's a brand name for features.

Can you elaborate which effects you are turning on that drop performance?

Thanks

Do not confuse GameWorks features with PhysX features.

Are you talking about GameWorks features like HBAO+ and other things?

Or are you talking about PhysX features that deal with the physical effects properity to NV GPUs?

GameWorks is the name for a myriad of NVIDIA effects, it, itself, is not an effect, it's a brand name for features.

Can you elaborate which effects you are turning on that drop performance?

Thanks
Though all bog it down a bit, the ones with the most notable effects are the interactable fog and light shafts which each bring it down a lot. Rain is pretty minimal in its effect and interactive paper debris has mostly minimial effects but is responsible for major short term dips hear and there.
The odd thing is, the framerate hit of having JUST fog enabled, or JUST light shafts enables is almost identical to having all 4 enabled at once, which is to stick to hang around 30fps. It makes me wonder if it is something that has to do with the way they implement their vsync or frame limit feature. I think I may play around with some of those settings a bit to see if I can figure it out more.

PhysX features will naturally bring down performance more than anything. These are GPU generated Physics effects propriety to NV GPUs. The only way to speed PhysX up is to have a high-end GPU, or offload PhysX to a secondary NV GPU. Or just turn them off. Trying to run PhysX and graphics on a midrange or lower GPU is not going to be a fun experience.

Question for you guys are you getting a stable game now after the patch? I am getting good frame rates at 1440p with just the rain and debris fx junk on on a 980gtx (45-55 range), but I get the most bizarre crashes still.

Question for you guys are you getting a stable game now after the patch? I am getting good frame rates at 1440p with just the rain and debris fx junk on on a 980gtx (45-55 range), but I get the most bizarre crashes still.

Mine rarely crashes. When it does it's after 3 or 4 hours of game play. I have everything turned on. My frame rates are actually very steady. They drop in the Batmobile but again maintain a consistent rate.

Back